/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Noisy neighbours

Salihah
01-24-2011, 06:34 PM
:salambox:
Has someone experience with noisy neighbours?
I really feel bad at the moment. I dont know what to do.
They are not that loud, but the house is very old and the wall is thin like paper, so I can hear every step and conversation of them.
What I did was I talked to them, but they dont agree. As I am a very shy character some people always think they can fool me and dont take me serious.
Please give me some advice how to stop the feeling of being disturbed by this.
Will I get used to it? :hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
01-24-2011, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salihah
:salambox:
Has someone experience with noisy neighbours?
I really feel bad at the moment. I dont know what to do.
They are not that loud, but the house is very old and the wall is thin like paper, so I can hear every step and conversation of them.
What I did was I talked to them, but they dont agree. As I am a very shy character some people always think they can fool me and dont take me serious.
Please give me some advice how to stop the feeling of being disturbed by this.
Will I get used to it? :hmm:
Asalaamu Alaikum, it can become a big problem with any neighbour especially when the walls are so thin. I had a similar problem when i was in University halls where the walls were so thin that one could hear every step and conversation next door and it did cause a lot of problems especially when friends were around and there were many people talking all at once.

Therefore your situation is difficult because it may be that your neighbours are just living their normal lives and not necesserily making any noise but because the walls are so thin it may seem like a lot of noise is coming from their house.

Are they Muslim? How many people live next door? How many people do you currently live with?

Cabdullahi
01-24-2011, 08:53 PM

Salihah
01-24-2011, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Are they Muslim? How many people live next door? How many people do you currently live with?
Thanks for your understanding, Hamza81.
Due to some changes in my life I was forced to move into another appartment at the end of last year. So everything is still new and I am not finished with all the things I have to do, e.g. I still cant use the kitchen to cook imsad
No, they aren't muslim... there is almost no muslim around here. I am really interested in islam so last week I saw a woman with hijab in the supermarket and I asked her if there is a mosque nearby but she said no.
I live on my own now. And in comparison to most people I am not very communicative, I like to read or work at the computer, most of the day I remain in silence.
Yes, actually my neighbours seem to be nice, they just moved in two weeks ago, so maybe I should be more patient. I dont want to complain so fast but I thought they dont know I cant sleep or work etc.
I also asked the owner of the house, if they will support me to buy some insulation to solve this problem, but they say it's my own problem.

I am glad not to be homeless and I hope this year I can improve my situation. Inshallah I will have strength to focus on the important things of life and dont lose to much energy with being full of anger.
:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salihah
01-24-2011, 09:06 PM
...yeeeesss! earplugs..! good advice if you want to hear your own heart beat and noise of breath :nervous:

Hamza Asadullah
01-24-2011, 09:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salihah
Thanks for your understanding, Hamza81.
Due to some changes in my life I was forced to move into another appartment at the end of last year. So everything is still new and I am not finished with all the things I have to do, e.g. I still cant use the kitchen to cook imsad
No, they aren't muslim... there is almost no muslim around here. I am really interested in islam so last week I saw a woman with hijab in the supermarket and I asked her if there is a mosque nearby but she said no.
I live on my own now. And in comparison to most people I am not very communicative, I like to read or work at the computer, most of the day I remain in silence.
Yes, actually my neighbours seem to be nice, they just moved in two weeks ago, so maybe I should be more patient. I dont want to complain so fast but I thought they dont know I cant sleep or work etc.
I also asked the owner of the house, if they will support me to buy some insulation to solve this problem, but they say it's my own problem.

I am glad not to be homeless and I hope this year I can improve my situation. Inshallah I will have strength to focus on the important things of life and dont lose to much energy with being full of anger.
:wa:
Asalaamu Alaikum, In Islam we are taught to be the best towards our neighbours for they have rights over us and we also have rights over them.

(And serve Allah. Ascribe no thing as partner unto Him. (Show) kindness unto parents, and unto near kindred, and orphans, and the needy, and into the neighbor who is of kin (unto you) and the neighbor who is not of kin and the fellow traveler…) (The Noble Qur'an: Surah An-Nisaa’ 4:34 )

Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "The best companion in Allah's estimation is the one who is best to his companion, and the best neighbour in Allah's estimation is the one who is best to his neighbour." Al-Tirmidhi, Number 1287

Narrated AbuHurayrah: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "Who will accept those words from me and act upon them, or teach people who will act upon them?" When he replied that he would he took him by the hand and counting five characteristics, said, "If you guard against the things which are forbidden, you will be the most devout of men; if you are pleased with what Allah has allotted, you will be the richest of men; if you are kind to your neighbour, you will be a believer; if you like others to have what you like for yourself, you will be a Muslim; and do not laugh immoderately, for immoderate laughter causes the heart to die." Ahmad and Tirmidhi Number 1334

So be on good terms with your neighbours and that way they are more likely to take on board whatever issues you may have with them. It may be a good investment to get some sort of insulation to block out a lot of the sound if you are going to be living there for a long time.

Below are some tips on how to approach your non-Muslim neighbors in a kind way that exemplifies Islamic manners:

1. Being good to neighbors is not only restricted to those who share the same building with you. Your roommate at the dorm is your neighbor; the person sitting behind you or next to you in a bus or at a bus stop is your neighbor; the one sharing your office at work is your neighbor; the person enjoying fresh air next to you in a public garden is also a neighbor. You ought to treat all of those people kindly and socialize with them within the permitted scope of Shari ‘ah.

2. Introduce yourself and your family to your neighbors when you move into a new place or when new neighbors move in. This will also help to relieve any fears or tensions they may have about Muslims. Also, don’t forget to say good-bye when you or they move away.

3. Care for them continually, especially at times of need and distress, as “the neighbor in need is a neighbor indeed.” If a neighbor is elderly or chronically ill, offer to run errands or shop for him or her.

4. In dealing with neighbors, it is safer to deal with those of the same sex as yourself. This does not mean that you should stop socializing at work or school with your non-Muslim workmates or classmates of the opposite sex, but be aware of Satanic snares. After-hours socializing should be with your same sex.

5. While socializing with non-Muslims, be cautious of becoming too lenient at the expense of your creed and principles. For example, don’t go out drinking with them. They will respect you more for sticking to your principles than for breaking the rules.

6. In addition to sharing ideas, you can share meals with them by inviting them to dinner on the weekend or accepting their invitation to the same, provided that you let them know about your dietary restrictions as a Muslim.

7. Conduct mutual visits so that the families can interact in a constructive way. If the discussion does turn to religion, focus on areas of common ground. For example, if your neighbors are Christian, then you should not enter into a futile argument with them about whether Jesus is God incarnate or not. Rather, tell them to what extent Islam honors all God’s Prophets and Messengers as a whole, and that Jesus is granted a special status among God’s Prophets and Messengers.

8. While socializing with neighbors, present your deen (Islam) in the best way. If you are faced with a difficult question or a distortion about Islam, do not be ashamed to stop for a while and tell them that you will try to contact a more knowledgeable person to seek the guidance regarding the issue raised. Thus, common grounds should be enhanced, and areas of dissension should never be raised.

9. If your neighbors show an interest in Islam, invite them to attend Islamic events, and even to accompany you to the mosque to see what it is like. It may be that their hearts become softened to Islam, and if they remain non-Muslim, at least you have succeeded in breaking the barrier. You can also visit the church where your neighbors pray if they invite you to do that, but here you should be cautious not to perform any act that your religion prohibits. In brief, be only a watchful monitor.

10. Always keep in mind the mighty reward that is in store for you in the Hereafter when you show kindness to a neighbor.

Source: http://www.islamawareness.net/Neighbours/kindness.html

In regards to you wanting to find out more about Islam then please feel free to ask whatever questions you like. If you need to locate a Masjid near you then if you give me your location or nearest location like the town or city then i can try and help locate a Masjid for you to contact and get in touch with as well as getting you in touch with Muslim sisters who may be able to help you.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Salihah
01-24-2011, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
In regards to you wanting to find out more about Islam then please feel free to ask whatever questions you like. If you need to locate a Masjid near you then if you give me your location or nearest location like the town or city then i can try and help locate a Masjid for you to contact and get in touch with as well as getting you in touch with Muslim sisters who may be able to help you.

And Allah knows best in all matters
Thank you! You can write very very fast :uuh:
Your post is very interesting. I will do my best to create a warm and friendly atmosphere in this area.
I located an islamic center for woman about one hour from my home. They also offer arabic lessons.
:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!