/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What to do if one has qada to pray but congregation prayer has already started?

abbas_ali
01-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Salaam all,

I had qada asr to read and reached the mosque at maghrib time where maghrib salat was already going on. I joined the jamaat and prayed Maghrib and then prayed my qada Asr.

Is this ok? As i know normally the Qada takes priority.

Also if it is the case i should pray the maghrib anyway, is it okm for me go read the 2 sunnah of maghrib and then finally pray the outstanding qaza?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
01-25-2011, 11:35 PM
:wasalamext

You cannot pray maghrib before asr because prayers are prayed in sequence. If you arrive at the mosque when the time of asr has finished and the imam has already began the maghrib prayer, you must join the imam with the intention of praying asr. And when the imam concludes the prayer, you stand up and pray the final rak'ah for asr and then pray maghrib.

The intention of the prayer that the imam prays does not affect your intention.

format_quote Originally Posted by abbas_ali
Salaam all,

I had qada asr to read and reached the mosque at maghrib time where maghrib salat was already going on. I joined the jamaat and prayed Maghrib and then prayed my qada Asr.

Is this ok? As i know normally the Qada takes priority.

Also if it is the case i should pray the maghrib anyway, is it okm for me go read the 2 sunnah of maghrib and then finally pray the outstanding qaza?

abbas_ali
01-26-2011, 11:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif

You cannot pray maghrib before asr because prayers are prayed in sequence. If you arrive at the mosque when the time of asr has finished and the imam has already began the maghrib prayer, you must join the imam with the intention of praying asr. And when the imam concludes the prayer, you stand up and pray the final rak'ah for asr and then pray maghrib.

format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif

Thanks but what about this information:

Missed ‘asr and reaches masjid when maghrib prayer has started

If a person has missed ‘asr prayer and arrives at the masjid to find that maghrib prayer has started, what should he do?

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: He should pray maghrib with the imaam, then pray ‘asr, as is agreed upon by all leading scholars. As to whether he should repeat maghrib, there are two opinions. The first is that he should repeat it; this is the view of Ibn ‘Umar, Maalik and Abu Haneefah, and the most well known view of Ahmad. The second opinion is that he does not have to repeat it; this is the view of Ibn ‘Abbaas and al-Shaafi’i, and the second view of Ahmad. The second view is more correct, because Allaah did not make it obligatory for a person to pray a salaah twice if he has feared Allaah as much as he can. And Allaah knows best. (Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn Taymiyah, 22/106).
by Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!