/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jobs

GuestFellow
01-25-2011, 01:03 AM
:sl:

I have been looking at job vacancies and nearly all of them want experience. I'm worried because even simple jobs want experience like cleaning. You need experience but nearly all jobs require experience. I have experience but it is not enough...

Will there be a time in my life, where employers will start recruiting people who have no experience? I think I'm gonna get depressed if I don't get a job. *head desk*

It is driving me insane...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
01-25-2011, 01:07 AM
:wa:

don't wory too much , Rizk comes from Allah. Try and ask Allah to provide u halal income. Also u may think about lawful business :)

Woodrow
01-25-2011, 01:12 AM

Many young people get scared off at the "Experience Only" line. The fact is everybody has experience. It may not be paid experience, but it can get you into the door. Some things to not overlook, extracurricular activities at school, hobbies, volunteer work, not paid family work etc.

Do not forget to include those on your resume and you may be surprised to discover how much experience you really have.

Ramadhan
01-25-2011, 02:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Many young people get scared off at the "Experience Only" line. The fact is everybody has experience. It may not be paid experience, but it can get you into the door. Some things to not overlook, extracurricular activities at school, hobbies, volunteer work, not paid family work etc.

Do not forget to include those on your resume and you may be surprised to discover how much experience you really have.
I totally agree with this. So maybe you need to tweak your resume/cv a bit but be truthful, and tailor/emphasis them depending on the jobs that you are applying.

Also, even if the jobs advertised as for "experience only", do not be deterred, just keep sending you resume/cv. You never know, sometimes different jobs/company look for candidates with different edge. Just keep sending as many resumes/cv as you can.
You may also want to follow up with an email/phone call asking if your application has been processed, this shows your serious intention to get the job.

May Allah SWT gives you the best job soon. Amiin.

(actually, I will soon join you on the job hunting, as my current project is nearing the end.)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SlaveOfGod
01-25-2011, 02:55 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
May Allah SWT gives you the best job soon. Amiin.
Ameen.

I know what you mean bro, I know a lot of people who are trying to get a job but Employers HAVE to be selective because they can only hire so much people and they want to hire the best so you'll have to stick out, a few tips:

1. When writing your first resume never pad it or make it longer than a page; employers aren’t expecting a long work history from a first time worker.
  2. You may see a lot of things on this list that appear as “don’ts” on resume and job hunting websites but remember that this is your first resume and the rules change once you have some work experience or career oriented education.
  3. Don’t lie and always be true to who you are. Any deception will be very obvious to an experienced interviewer and will cost you the job.
These tips came from a website a found, browse it ans inshallah you will get what you're looking for :)

GuestFellow
01-25-2011, 05:44 PM

Thanks everyone! I decided to do extra courses and volunteer to gain more experience.

aadil77
01-25-2011, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow

I have been looking at job vacancies and nearly all of them want experience. I'm worried because even simple jobs want experience like cleaning. You need experience but nearly all jobs require experience. I have experience but it is not enough...

Will there be a time in my life, where employers will start recruiting people who have no experience? I think I'm gonna get depressed if I don't get a job. *head desk*

It is driving me insane...
nope never, I've been bashing my head for the past few weeks trying to apply for jobs and placements

now a days to get a few of weeks experience, you need a crap load of experience just to begin with

graduates have zero chance of getting jobs without experience, its all about experience :(

I'm already depressed as hell

GuestFellow
01-25-2011, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
nope never, I've been bashing my head for the past few weeks trying to apply for jobs and placements

now a days to get a few of weeks experience, you need a crap load of experience just to begin with

graduates have zero chance of getting jobs without experience, its all about experience :(

I'm already depressed as hell

I feel your pain...

I decided to do a first aid course. :/ Not sure if it will be enough but its free and I haven't got much to do other than study.

aadil77
01-25-2011, 10:25 PM

I feel your pain...

I decided to do a first aid course. :/ Not sure if it will be enough but its free and I haven't got much to do other than study.
That's not gonna help

here's some real advice, work on answering the following questions - get experience that will be relevent to them, you'll be asked the same in every single job application / interview:

Tell us what attracts you to a role within Centrica and what you feel you can bring to the business. (max 200 words)

Answer
*2 Tell us about the activities you are, or have recently, been involved in. This should include any positions requiring leadership skills and may be voluntary work, sports or extensive travel. (max 300 words)

Answer
*3 Managing relationships is key to success in our organisation. You will need to support your colleagues, collaborate with your peers and ensure you communicate clearly with others.

Give us an example of when you have worked successfully as part of a team, explaining clearly the relationships and interactions that took place. It is also important for you to explain your personal contribution within the team.
Situation and Task – What goal were you working together to achieve? (Maximum 150 words)

Answer
*4 Actions - How did you personally interact to support and help others in achieving this goal? (Maximum 150 words)

Answer
*5 Result - What did you personally bring to the team? (Maximum 150 words)

Answer
*6 The environment at Centrica is evolving and the ability to adapt to change is crucial. You will need to support change initiatives, understand the impact of change on people and on processes.

Describe for us a time when you have experienced an unexpected change and you were required to take on new tasks and responsibilities.
Situation and Task - How did this change come about? Why was this change necessary? (Maximum 150 words)

Answer
*7 Actions - How did you adapt to your new responsibilities? (Maximum 150 words)

Answer
*8 Result - What would you do differently next time? (Maximum 150 words)

Answer
*9 It is important that any Graduate seeks opportunities to gain experience, acquire knowledge and shares that knowledge with others.

Tell us about an experience or situation that will demonstrate how you have done this.
Situation and Task – What was that experience/situation? (Maximum 150 words)

Answer
*10 Actions - How did you respond to the situation? Who did you go to for support? (Maximum 150 words)

Answer
*11 Result What was the outcome? What did you learn? Has anyone else benefited from your learning? (max 150 words)

Please give full details of significant employment. Indicate whether it was full-time, part-time, vacation work or an industrial placement and provide details of specific responsibilities, experience and knowledge gained.

GuestFellow
01-25-2011, 11:19 PM
^ Jazakhallah Khair!!

Vito
01-25-2011, 11:46 PM
Most of these "must have experience" jobs end up training and teaching you anyways, so sometimes it comes down to how you present yourself at the interview or how well your resume is typed. That isn't always the case but, I'm just speaking from experience. Like it was mentioned earlier though, don't let it put you off.

Woodrow
01-26-2011, 01:17 AM

I just thought of a few things that have been over looked. During these times of tight job markets, we tend to forget to check out the qualifications and attraction of the job we want to apply for.

Before applying for a job a lot of home work needs to be done first. the first step is to decide what specific job type we are seeking. After we decide for certain on that we need to learn a bit about any company that would have need for that job. then we do our home work about the company. Learn all we can about it, learn why we want to work for that particular company. Learn from people who work there. Decide we really want to work for that particular company and the reasons why.

Now that you have done your homework pursue the job as if you were courting a potential spouse. Do not take no for an answer. Learn who you will need to speak to in your interview. Learn from those who already work there what to expect from the interviewing. Above all stand ready to explain why you will be a benefit to the company.

ardianto
01-26-2011, 01:45 AM

Thanks everyone! I decided to do extra courses and volunteer to gain more experience.

Right decision. :thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!