/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim Views on Theism

Darth Ultor
01-25-2011, 04:58 AM
What do you think of it? Faith in God who is personally involved with the world and believing that He puts you on this world, gives you free will, and will judge you according to your deeds after death, but it is not a "religion" that is described by any book. This is what I am becoming more and more. And I don't think God cares what religion you call yourself or in what language you pray to Him, as long as you worship Him alone, love Him, and do good deeds for others. But I am still culturally Jewish.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abu-Abdullah
01-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Hi Boaz,

this idea is infact flawed for the following reasons:

apart from a few obvious wrong and rights, mankind cannot agree on the rest of them; also to live a comprehensive life, far more principles are needed in all sectors of life and without divine guidance, it is difficult to work out the correct way

Also since God has sent us a guidance, with clear signs that it is indeed from God, this is why if we ignore it then we'd be guilty of it's rejection and thus we cannot be good by ignoring God sent guidance, hence the only way forward for us is to submit to the guidance sent to us by God via His Messengers

i request you to look into Islam in search for this guidance; inshALlah if ALlah wills, He will open your heart to it's Truth

Peace and guidance!

Perseveranze
01-29-2011, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
He puts you on this world, gives you free will, and will judge you according to your deeds after death
Peace,

Sounds alot like Islam tbh. Missing a few things here and there, but Islam is just this, except the belief in messengers (guides) and holy scriptures (which makes sense, considering that if you are to be tested, you should be allowed some revision right?) - the thing people sometimes forget to realise is, just how logical Islam's beliefs are.

One God
Messengers
Holy Book (So later generations can't complain)
Angels/Jins
Judgement day

"And We did not create the heavens and the earth and that between them in play. We did not create them except in truth, but most of them do not know. Indeed, the Day of Judgment is the appointed time for them all."ยป [44:38]

At the end of the day, a man appeared 1400 years ago with just this message (an honest man, as various early sources prove), which he made so powerful that he was willing to sacrifice and die for it. Probably the simplest of message was made something so powerful that it echoes even today.

Now it's just about whether you want to accept this man's message, or reject it. Simpe as that, I chose to accept it. Thiests who might be treading the line of Islamic belief, may one day accept his message too, who knows.

aadil77
01-29-2011, 05:09 PM
What do you think of it? Faith in God who is personally involved with the world and believing that He puts you on this world, gives you free will, and will judge you according to your deeds after death, but it is not a "religion" that is described by any book. This is what I am becoming more and more. And I don't think God cares what religion you call yourself or in what language you pray to Him, as long as you worship Him alone, love Him, and do good deeds for others. But I am still culturally Jewish.

What you're saying does make sense to a certain extent. I suppose early muslims or true believers were like this before any books of revelation had been revealed to them or any prophet had come to them.

But I'm sure they would have considered it a blessing if they had been given revelation from God. Now that you are aware that a final message has been sent us by the Al-Mighty, you can't really reject it.

Without a set of rules we would become misguided, in the case of jews, look at how God revealed to them a stringent set of guidelines to live by, He wanted them to follow that revelation.

Who knows, maybe your monotheistic beliefs will get you a pardon in the next life, Allah is the one to judge by your intentions and reasons for not accepting His revelation and prophets. But I wouldn't rely on it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Darth Ultor
01-29-2011, 05:42 PM
One of my reasons for not practicing any religion is that all Abrahamic faiths claim that their way is God's way. That their main revelation is God's revelation and everything else is either "corrupted" or a "fabrication".

aadil77
01-29-2011, 05:51 PM
One of my reasons for not practicing any religion is that all Abrahamic faiths claim that their way is God's way. That their main revelation is God's revelation and everything else is either "corrupted" or a "fabrication".
Not really, they all confirm each others message. Whats corrupted and fabricated is just the books available now a days, they were never corrupt or fabricated to begin with.

the main message has always been the same, its just a case of following whats applicable in your time

aamirsaab
01-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Hi Boaz.
I have similar thoughts on the matter but I also see religion as a way of life rather then a set of arbitrary rituals, dos' and do nots etc with Islam, for me, being the best way to live your life.

kashmirshazad
01-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Salam brother Boaz

Is it true that certain Jewish groups believe that this Earth is like a paradise for them?

Regards

Darth Ultor
01-29-2011, 07:53 PM
I don't know who told you that, but they're wrong. Jews also believe that they are guests on this world.

aadil77
01-29-2011, 11:26 PM
I don't know who told you that, but they're wrong. Jews also believe that they are guests on this world.
But there is no concept of a next life right?

M.I.A.
01-29-2011, 11:33 PM
i think everybody has a chance, if you do find any difference between culture and religion you should follow religion.

Darth Ultor
01-30-2011, 12:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
But there is no concept of a next life right?
Yes there is.

- Qatada -
01-30-2011, 10:02 AM
If you think you can worship God by your own 'made-up rules' - you are infact claiming either;

- that you are God who can legislate what is wrong and right
- that your desires are God, [so you are worshipping someone as an associate with God]
- or that you are a Messenger of God.

None of them are correct.

Furthermore, if you believe the Old Testament - then you should know that it has so much evil claims against the Messengers' of God, that it cannot possibly be from God. [i.e. claims of Prophets' committing incest etc.[Gen. 19:30] Click HERE for more examples.).

If you really believe that God has sent a Book of Guidance and Light, pure and similar to the monotheism and commandments of Moses [Your God is One God] - then you should submit to the Book which God has sent to His final slave, and Messenger, Muhammad (peace be upon him) - the Qur'an. That is the only way to success.

Why would God leave us to wander without guidance, when He has made us make guidelines for all other aspects of our lives?

Zafran
01-30-2011, 04:13 PM
salaam

Islam is accepting all the prophets and all the books that lead to the divine with no partners.

peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!