/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Which language/es do you speak?

muslimsister1
01-26-2011, 11:46 AM
:sl:

Hope you all in good by the grace os Almighty Allah SWT, jst wondering what language/es pple on this forum speak, i speak gujrati, english n urdu if n wen i need 2.

I knw its sad but i find it intresting to knw what language/es others can speak.

Look forward to your replies.

:wa: :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asiyah3
01-26-2011, 12:21 PM
:wa:

English, Finnish, Swedish (somewhat fluently), Arabic & little Spanish (I may study it more in the future, insha'Allah).

GuestFellow
01-27-2011, 01:09 AM

English and Urdu. Learning Arabic and sign language (if that counts).

Rafeeq
01-27-2011, 03:17 AM
English, Urdu, Pushto, Hindko, Panjabi and a bit Arabic

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-27-2011, 02:37 PM

English, Urdu, Punjabi, some Arabic, some Spanish ( took 4 yrs of it but totally rusty) and some Farsi.

GuestFellow
01-27-2011, 02:50 PM
I really can't tell the difference between Urdu and Punjabi. Punjabi sounds more..funny. XD They talk so loud.

Cabdullahi
01-27-2011, 02:53 PM
in order of linguistic perfection/fluency

1. English 85%
2. Somali 75%
3. Arabic 60%

arabic alphabet
01-27-2011, 03:15 PM
Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, litle English and Arabic :)

S.Belle
01-27-2011, 03:57 PM
english, spanish, a wee bit of french (2years in hs), a few phrases in japanese and american sign language.

R Khan
01-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Only Sylheti,

sorry no Engrish. A bit of French I guess, and a word in Spanish: "Que" that's all you need to know.

Sigma
01-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Bangla (and Sylheti), English and a little German (4 years at school but forgot a lot)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-27-2011, 05:41 PM
Assalaamu `Alaaykum

The geeky languages i speak and can speak are English (apparently :-\), Urdu, Punjaabi, and in the process of learning arabic.

format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
They talk so loud.
They do?, i think it depends on their Punjaabi, since there are different types of it.

peace

Laila-
01-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Salam sis, n no its not sad that u wanna know what langs people speak on this forum
Any ways the langs I can speak are: Persian, Pashto, Urdu, Punjabi,and I am learning arabic at the moment (and English of course!)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-27-2011, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
I really can't tell the difference between Urdu and Punjabi. Punjabi sounds more..funny. XD They talk so loud.
There is quite a difference between them. And those that speak Punjabi are not necessarily loud. Urdu is just more soft spoken.

Like sis Pearlz said, there are different types. The Punjabi spoken in India is actually different to that of the one spoken in Pakistan. Most in my family speak Punjabi and are in no way loud :D

Grofica
01-28-2011, 05:03 AM
English and a conversational Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian,

For the most part i would say my BCS is conversational but i am 100% fluent when it comes to food and shopping :-D

tigerkhan
01-28-2011, 12:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rafeeq
Hindko
lol this is my mother tongue.
me only good in urdu. english weak. can understand pushto and punjabi. lol. actually i hate languages and arts subject in my teen bcz i was a scientist.

tigerkhan
01-28-2011, 12:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
Urdu is just more soft spoken.
yes...i love urdu. its so nice. its language with etiquettes. eg u can say elders, ap..lol

Muhaba
01-28-2011, 01:03 PM
English, Arabic, Urdu, Pashto, Persian, and a bit ot Spanish. studied it over a year but forgot most of it.

Amat Allah
01-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Humbly, Arabic and my English is really poor...

Norar
01-28-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm Morrocain but dont speak the langues so good

I speak Dutch and English

ahmadalikhan
01-29-2011, 09:49 AM
english.urdu

smile
01-31-2011, 09:25 AM
English
Afrikaans
Xhosa
Turkish
Kokni
(ok ok i only know a few sentences for some languages)

elina
01-31-2011, 09:45 AM
apart from english i can speak basic french (taught in school) ...... a little bit of sorani (though i understand a lot more than i can say) and a few words in turkish

breezes
01-31-2011, 02:57 PM
arabic english (start learning ) and qor3ani

Beardo
01-31-2011, 04:05 PM
English & Bangla. Learning Arabic, insha-Allah, so I seek your duas for that!

SlaveOfGod
01-31-2011, 04:22 PM
In order of the language strengths:

English
Hindi/Urdu
Basic Arabic
Basic Cantonese.

ardianto
01-31-2011, 04:38 PM
If speak means say with mouth, I speak Indonesian and Sundanese.

I don't speak English because I have no partner for 'talk and listen' in this language.

abjad
01-31-2011, 07:18 PM
Swahili= as mother tongue
English= 3rd gear(and if u find me stuck dont leave me alone correct me..i.e help me(i appreciate that)
Arabic = just pushing on with life
Urdu = just few words for communicating(but can hear/understand what is spoken)
french = it is really getting rusty because None to talk with

pushto = Rusha rusha kena....how about that

Hannah.
01-31-2011, 07:50 PM
English, a bit of Urdu and a hint of Punjabi. XD
Learning Arabic too :)

Perseveranze
01-31-2011, 07:53 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum

Read/Write/Speak - English
Read only - Arabic (Quran only...)
Speak Only - Urdu (it's horrible, keep getting punjab/urdu mixed, only my Mum could ever understand me lol)

Pygoscelis
01-31-2011, 08:02 PM
I am fluent in English, French, and American Sign Language.

I speak Cantonese poorly, but not quite fluently and I can not write it.

I speak Spanish and Punjabi extremely poorly but could get by and flounder my way through if pressed.

Re.TiReD
01-31-2011, 08:08 PM
Alhamdulillah quite fluent in baby speak.

shakylla
02-04-2011, 02:56 PM
I speak English and Malay, sadly though my fluency in the former is a lot stronger. It's rather embarrassing since Malay is my mother tongue yet I'm a lot more comfortable speaking/writing in English. Le sigh.

Oh, I can recite certain do'a and verses from the Qur'an but I guess that doesn't count. :/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!