/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The worst people in the Sight of Allah (swt)

Al Shifa
01-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Narrated by our Mother, A'isha (Allah is pleased with her)

A man asked for permission to enter upon Allah's Messenger (Allah exalted his mention and may exalt further). The Holy Prophet said, "Admit him. Waht a bad person of his people". But when the man entered, the Prophet spoke to him in a very polite manner. (And when that person left) I said, "O Allah's Messenger ! You had said what you had said about him, but still you spoke to him very nicely?" The Prophet (may peace & blessings of Allah be upon him) said, " O A'isha ! The worst person in the sight of Allah on the day of Judgement is one whom the people leave or avoid (cut relations) to save themselves from his dirty language or bad behaviour."

[Sahih Bukhari & Sahih Muslim]

We see many people around us proclaiming very proudly,

I am so powerful that people are scared by me. Or
I am so and so that no one dares to speak in front of me, or like that.

Infact, people avoid to meet or speak with such kind of people due to thier dirtyness and to save themselves from their bad behaviour and bad language. They are worst people in the sight of Allah (swt). We need to look into ourselves to find and get rid of this behaviour. May Allah save us.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Amoeba
01-26-2011, 12:18 PM
I don't understand? Please elaborate?

Asiyah3
01-26-2011, 12:31 PM
SubhaanAllah.. Jazakallah for sharing. May Allah make us all benefit from it.

format_quote Originally Posted by Amoeba
I don't understand? Please elaborate?
It means that the worst person in the sight of Allah on the day of Judgement, is one who has a dirty language or bad behavior, and because of his dirty language or bad behavior the people leave or avoid him.

I'm sorry, I only reworded it. Insha'Allah, someone will explain it better...

- Qatada -
01-26-2011, 02:38 PM
:salamext:

From this hadith, Hadith scholars understood that you can criticize someone so people are aware of his evils, if that warning will be of benefit to others.

I.e. hadith scholars would criticize people and say 'he is a liar' about someone who fabricates/forges ahadith, so that people do not get ahadith off that person.

In those scenarios, it isn't backbiting to criticize the person. Rather, it is for a greater benefit of warning against someones evil.

Allah knows best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al Shifa
01-29-2011, 05:18 AM
The clear and obvious message of this Hadith is to warn all ill mannered people. They are avoided by other people to talk or meet with them bacuase of their bad bavior and dirty language. Generally it is seen that these kind of ill mannered people don't feel guilty for their misbehave but even feel proud that other people are under their influence and scared by them. they are the worst people in the sight of Allah (swt).

format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
hadith scholars would criticize people and say 'he is a liar' about someone who fabricates/forges ahadith,
The science of Hadith is a totally different subject matter and it has its own rulings, terms and principles designed by Great Muddathin. The above Hadith is a general guidance for common people.

May Allah (swt) guide us to the right path and favour us to follow it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!