/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sixth Form

Laila-
01-26-2011, 07:13 PM
I'm applying for sixth form this month and I am really confused. I prayed the istikhara and two weeks later I had a strong feeling regarding which sixth form I wanted to go to. Three weeks later, I had a dream that about this sixth form that I wanted to go to, I dreamed that this sixth form ruined my life because I ended up getting really bad grades. So now Im really confused I really want to go this sixth form but after having that dream Im actually scared that my dream might come true.
My Islamic teacher told me that the dream was form the Satan and that I should ignore it and go for the sixth form that I really wanted to go ti.
The main reason why I am confused is because majority of my dream come true so im scared that this one might come true as well
What do you think I should do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sigma
01-26-2011, 07:29 PM
Well Allah knows best, you could go to the 6th form you want to and try extra hard to get good grades.

Asiyah3
01-26-2011, 07:57 PM
:sl:

If I was in your place, I would ignore the dream and go – if the school is good. Just my opinion. Allah knows best.

aadil77
01-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Where else would you go besides sixth form? If you drop out of school at the age of 16 you will not get very far in life

Now that you fear getting bad grades, this is all the more reason to work harder - possibly a sign from Allah

A-levels is a alot harder than GCSE's so be prepared

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
01-26-2011, 08:44 PM
i wish i went to 6th form

Laila-
01-26-2011, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
what do u mean u wish to sixth form? Dont u go to sixth form? Arnt u studying at the moment?

Laila-
01-26-2011, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Where else would you go besides sixth form? If you drop out of school at the age of 16 you will not get very far in life

Now that you fear getting bad grades, this is all the more reason to work harder - possibly a sign from Allah

A-levels is a alot harder than GCSE's so be prepared
What i meant is that there is a particular sixth form which I want to go to, but I had a really bad dream about that sixth form therefore I feel like going to another sixth form

GuestFellow
01-26-2011, 09:19 PM

Trust me, it is not that great.

@ Lalia

You can study A Levels by yourself as a private candidate. Consider this option if you can study by yourself.

You needs books, the syllabus, exam papers + answers and access to a library. Though you have to pay for your exam fees.

I'm studying a course by myself and it's not that bad. I can get a lot of work done.

Sigma
01-26-2011, 09:38 PM
It depends how self-motivated you are and how good the 6th form is. Having teachers is certainly much better IMO and getting into a good 6th form would be very beneficial. What do you want to be though?

Asiyah3
01-26-2011, 10:01 PM
It's never late. I've read people over 70 have done it.

Laila-
01-26-2011, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sigma
It depends how self-motivated you are and how good the 6th form is. Having teachers is certainly much better IMO and getting into a good 6th form would be very beneficial. What do you want to be though?
The sixth form is really good, and it is really hard to get in there, my form tutor I could easily get in there with my grades. My parents always wanted me to get into that sixth form but since I had that dream I keep telling them I don't want to go there any more, of course I cant tell them reason coz they are going to think im acting stupid. The sixth form does the courses I want and need for uni. In the the future I either want to be a dentist or a chemist.
And about the motivation thing, I cant really judge myself now can I, but my teachers do tell me they I don't need motivation from anyone coz I motivate myself
My only prob is coz of dat dream, tell u da truth I think Im taking this dream a bit too serious

Sigma
01-26-2011, 10:47 PM
May I be rude enough to ask you what your grades were? Just curious I'm in year 12 myself. I'd definitely recommend going to a good 6th form, it would certainly improve your uni chances.

Laila-
01-26-2011, 10:54 PM
May I be rude enough to ask you what your grades were? Just curious I'm in year 12 myself. I'd definitely recommend going to a good 6th form, it would certainly improve your uni chances.
ha ha, nah I dnt think its rude dat ur asking my grades, Any ways for 7 of my subjects my grades are A's to A*s and two of the subjects are B's.
In order to get into the sixth form I wanted you needed to get 5 A-c'
What A-level;s are you studying? I keep changing my A-level choices

GuestFellow
01-26-2011, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Laila-
ha ha, nah I dnt think its rude dat ur asking my grades, Any ways for 7 of my subjects my grades are A's to A*s and two of the subjects are B's.

I studied my AS levels which were Psychology, Statistics, Law and Business Studies. Passed all of them but not a very good combination of subjects. Statistics I found the most useful out of my combination.

To get to a good university, it is best to choose traditional subjects: English, English lit, Maths, History, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Foreign Languages, etc. However, you need to take interest in the subject too. Avoid Media Studies, Accounting and ICT. There may be interesting subjects but some snobbish universities frown upon them.

Let me warn you, even if you get good GCSE grades, good A levels, attend a good University and achieve a 2:1 degree, getting a job is going to be difficult.

I have 1 year experience as a Paralegal and 4 months work experience at a Human Resources Department and even I'm having difficulty getting a job...there are people who have substantial amount of experience and qualifications but having a tough time finding a job. So try to gain as much work experience as you can and aim to distinguish yourself from other candidates by volunteering on a regular basis.

EDIT:

Jobs4u <--- check this website, might be useful.

Sigma
01-27-2011, 04:11 PM
Maths, Further Maths, History and Economics

and congratulations on your grades!

Laila-
01-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Maths, Further Maths, History and Economics

and congratulations on your grades!
ur boring mate, lol :p
How could u survive doing further maths? Im thinking of taking maths for AS and then Im gonna drop it for A2, dont think I will be able to handle it for A2
Take care

Hannah.
01-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Don't worry about the dream. Dreams are not intertwined with reality so you shouldn't worry about it.
May Allah SWT grant you good grades to get into the sixth form i'A :)

Laila-
01-27-2011, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Believe.x
Don't worry about the dream. Dreams are not intertwined with reality so you shouldn't worry about it.
May Allah SWT grant you good grades to get into the sixth form i'A :)
aww...jazakallah sis for the duaa, and the advice, may Allah grant you anything you want ameen
everyone on this forum helped me a lot with making my decision on which sixth form I should go to, an I WILL ignore my dream and go the sixth I wanted to go to
Thanx again :D

Sigma
01-28-2011, 02:40 PM
How could u survive doing further maths? Im thinking of taking maths for AS and then Im gonna drop it for A2, dont think I will be able to handle it for A2
Take care
I like Maths! But, main reason for taking it is to improve my chances of getting into one of the top unis.

GuestFellow
01-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Take care

I never studied Maths AS but I noticed that AS statistics is more difficult that A2 statistics when I looked at the A2 textbooks. The basics are more difficult to understand at AS but A2, you simply build your knowledge. The same might occur with Maths.

If you can cope with AS Maths, then continue with it on the second year. It is a very useful A level.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!