/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Speak the Truth

noorseeker
01-27-2011, 08:33 PM
assalamalikum all

I am sure many of us know the saying of thr Prophet pbuh

Speak the truth even if it goes against your own selves.

Its regarding proposals, where im gettin rejected for bein too honestabout my situation,

My debts , and couple of my brothers have some addictions,

One doesnt live with us, And the other you will barely see 10 min in the day.

So i have probs in fam, but you dont really see em if you know what i mean

So Question, Do i or should i reveal everything about me and my family, even if i know it will as drastic effects on me getting married

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansariyah
01-28-2011, 11:55 PM
Even if u did decide to tell people of the short comings of ur family members that doesnt really make u guilty of their ways/actions. People shouldnt taint everyone with the same brush. You are u, they should judge u for ur own actions, ur charater etc. Not make u guilty of the wrongs of ur family.

You dont really have to tell people about the negative aspects of ur family members. As muslims we are suppose to conceal the mistakes/sins of another Muslim. When it comes to honesty, be honest about urself...Thats enuff InshaAllah.=)

Hamza Asadullah
01-29-2011, 04:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
assalamalikum all

I am sure many of us know the saying of thr Prophet pbuh

Speak the truth even if it goes against your own selves.

Its regarding proposals, where im gettin rejected for bein too honestabout my situation,

My debts , and couple of my brothers have some addictions,

One doesnt live with us, And the other you will barely see 10 min in the day.

So i have probs in fam, but you dont really see em if you know what i mean

So Question, Do i or should i reveal everything about me and my family, even if i know it will as drastic effects on me getting married
Asalaamu Alaikum, jazakallahu khayran for your question. My sister you should not reveal the sins of your brothers or any of your family. Only if you are asked then you can be very vague but you never have to reveal what they do in detail or anything like that. Of course one has to be honest with a potential partner and their family but not to the extent of revealing detailed accounts of what they do but one can be very vague or not comment at all.

Every family has problems and no family is so perfect even if they make out they are. So do not worry about it sister but try to make effort on your brothers by giving them dawah here and there in a beautiful manner using wisdom and tact. Send them beneficial Islamic texts weekly. Send them beneficial e mails of lectures, articles etc. Make much dua for them for only Allah can unseal a persons heart and guide them.

May Allah ease your debts and find you the right partner who supports you and leads you towards Jannah and someone you can be happy with in this world and the next. Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!