/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam and the Stigmata

Grofica
01-28-2011, 04:07 AM
Sorry i have a few questions that i have been pondering over and i tried to look some up but i have not gotten very far on it so i thought i would ask here. i mean no disrespect. they are honest questions. I am going to post them separately so that the threads don't blend together :-)

I was wondering what the Islamic standpoint is on Stigmata. I know it's believed in some circles of most religions but i was wondering if anyone could give any insight of stigmata in Islam.

Thank you in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
01-28-2011, 04:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
Sorry i have a few questions that i have been pondering over and i tried to look some up but i have not gotten very far on it so i thought i would ask here. i mean no disrespect. they are honest questions. I am going to post them separately so that the threads don't blend together :-)

I was wondering what the Islamic standpoint is on Stigmata. I know it's believed in some circles of most religions but i was wondering if anyone could give any insight of stigmata in Islam.

Thank you in advance.
Asalaamu Alaikum, Stigmata has to do with the belief of mainly Catholic Christians in which they believe Stigmata to be blotches, sores, or scars that duplicate the wounds inflicted on Jesus (As) during his trial and crucifixion.

They believe these wounds are usually located on the hands and feet, near the heart, and sometimes on the head, shoulders and back. Many Christians also believe that they appear spontaneously, and are a supernatural sign of holiness on saints or Christian believers. These wounds are all self inflicted so it is clearly a false belief which has no relevance at all in Islam.

Also sister you should not waste your time or involve yourself in matters such as this which do not concern you as a Muslim.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Grofica
01-28-2011, 04:52 AM
I was reading an article and it was talking about how some people has sores and or Koranic versus. i was just wondering if there were any documented cases that were not self inflicted. it was just an interesting topic even if not accurate.

Hamza Asadullah
01-28-2011, 05:47 AM
I was reading an article and it was talking about how some people has sores and or Koranic versus. i was just wondering if there were any documented cases that were not self inflicted. it was just an interesting topic even if not accurate.
You mean this:

Quranic Verses Appear on Miracle Baby in Dagestan, Russia

http://www.islamcan.com/miracles/qur...n-russia.shtml

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtZqa...layer_embedded

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Grofica
01-28-2011, 05:55 AM
yep that was it :-)

Hamza Asadullah
01-28-2011, 06:05 AM
yep that was it :-)
I wouldn't term it as Stigmata for that is a term used for the belief of mainly Catholic Christians in which they believe to be scars that duplicate the wounds inflicted on Jesus (As) during his trial and crucifixion.

Allah can show his miracles in many ways. Here are just a few:

http://www.backtoislam.com/category/allahs-miracles/

Grofica
01-28-2011, 06:08 AM
those are awesome i seen the cloud one before but the others I had never seen.... :-)

Hamza Asadullah
01-28-2011, 06:10 AM
those are awesome i seen the cloud one before but the others I had never seen.... :-)
I have actually seen the name of Allah in the veins of a tomato. Subhanallah it was amazing.

Grofica
01-28-2011, 06:14 AM
that is cool. did you take a pic? i think its amazing how intertwined life is. how fragile it is. how many little miracles we over look everyday. everything just amazes me. :-)

Beardo
01-28-2011, 06:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
I have actually seen the name of Allah in the veins of a tomato. Subhanallah it was amazing.
Would have been nice if you took a picture! Or is that not right?

Hamza Asadullah
01-28-2011, 06:34 AM
that is cool. did you take a pic? i think its amazing how intertwined life is. how fragile it is. how many little miracles we over look everyday. everything just amazes me. :-)
No it was a while back. Looking back i wish i had now.

Allah's name appears in a Tomato

http://www.islamcan.com/miracles/tomato.shtml

Family blessed by 'Allah' in tomato

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/144...lah_in_tomato/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx8mVX0WMuk

Hamza Asadullah
01-28-2011, 06:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Would have been nice if you took a picture! Or is that not right?
Yes brother i wish i had to now but it was a while back. There is nothing wrong with taking pictures of nature etc but difference of opinion on taking pictures of animate objects like human, animals etc

aadil77
01-28-2011, 10:56 AM
Whats the opinion on taking pics of a miracle that you might have witnessed. Is it something meant only for you to see?

Perseveranze
01-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

I think the most real seeming miracle(apart from Quran) may be this one -

Grofica
01-28-2011, 05:27 PM
That is AMAZING!

ahmadalikhan
01-29-2011, 09:32 AM
that is very stunning...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!