/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Regarding participating celebrations of the Kafirs

Samiun
01-28-2011, 02:23 PM
:sl:, a yearly celebration which is Chinese New Year is going to happen soon here in Malaysia. My school will held events such as "The Best Class during Chinese New Year", "Orange eating competition", "Lion dance" and we have the infamous class party. Can I join any of these events? I would like to hear your opinion because this is what I had been participating for the past few years. I asked my uztazah(Islamic female teacher) here and she said it's okay, because we're a community.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Perseveranze
01-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Please read these -

Cultural celebrations
There are many other occasions which Muslims celebrate that are developments of local cultures and traditions. Some celebrations are more widespread than others. However, these are innovations in Islam and have no foundation in the Qur'an, the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad(S) or practices of the Sahaba, the companions of the Prophet(S). These innovative celebrations are not found in the early generations of Muslims. In fact, Prophet Muhammad(S) has declared all innovations (in the religion of Islam) to be heresy (bid'ah) and he declared that all bid'ah lead to misguidance (dalalah) and all dalalah lead to the hell-fire. The following celebrations are religious/cultural innovations which are discouraged by the informed Islamic scholars.
National celebrations and holidays
Celebrations such as of Independence Day, Republic Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and others are rooted in the secular lives of nations. Such celebrations are not mandated in Islam and have no Islamic significance.
Source - http://www.ilaam.net/Brochures/Brochure-26.html

I don't think it's allowed...

S.Belle
01-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Is it permissible for Muslims to take part in their festivals, such as Christmas?

Praise be to Allaah.
It is not permissible for the Muslim to join the kuffaar in their festivals and to express joy and happiness on these occasions, or to take the day off work, whether the occasion is religious or secular, because this is a kind of imitating the enemies of Allaah, which is forbidden, and a kind of co-operating with them in falsehood. It was proven that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” And Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Help you one another in Al‑Birr and At‑Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allaah. Verily, Allaah is Severe in punishment”[al-Maa\'idah 5:2]
We advise you to refer to the book Iqtidaa’ al-Siraat al-Mustaqeem by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him), for it is very useful on this topic. [Translator’s note: This book is available in English under the title “The Right Way,” published by Darussalam, Riyadh].
And Allaah is the source of strength. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions, and grant them peace.
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/cat/2021#3019

Cabdullahi
01-28-2011, 05:49 PM
dont celebrate or anything just come with a plastic bin bag on the day and sweep all the food that's on the table into the bag and go home.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Samiun
01-29-2011, 02:23 AM
:sl: jzkhallahkhairaa for all the replies. Although I confidently agree on all the answers given above, it's gonna be real hard refute my other Muslim brothers from doing so. I have to consider the fact that:

1.My country have less racism cases

2.We mix with the kafirs and help each other everyday

3.We are friends with each other, be it kaffirs or Muslims

4.The fact that my own Islamic teacher said that it was okay

5.People hardly listens to me

6.How can I be so sure of myself, I could present the truth but with doubts and regrets as I only refer to one teacher

7.I need a teacher to read books i.e. understand what the book is saying by questioning an Islamic Scholar

Why do things have be so complicated? I don't really know.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!