/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Egypt: Nation forced offline

sister herb
01-29-2011, 12:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M-Xz...layer_embedded

I am not Egyptian but helped them via internet with they revolution.

:statisfie

Revolution we make!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
01-29-2011, 12:50 PM
I find this to be a pretty good English Language source for news from Egypt:

http://www.egyptdailynews.com/

Banu_Hashim
01-29-2011, 01:37 PM
‎"Anti-government protesters have taken to the streets in Egypt for a fifth day despite President Mubarak's promise to appoint a new cabinet."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12314799

What is his problem? Why can't he just resign. He's been President for 30 years by force, he's 82 years old, no one actually likes him but due to delusions of grandeur he thinks people want a new cabinet with the same leadership. He's hopeless.

marwen
01-29-2011, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
What is his problem? Why can't he just resign. He's been President for 30 years by force, he's 82 years old, no one actually likes him but due to delusions of grandeur he thinks people want a new cabinet with the same leadership. He's hopeless.
The most-hated-president, after Ben Ali, of this month :
What20is20his20problem?20Why20can27t20he20just20re sign20He27s20been20President20for203020years20by20 force20he27s208220years20old20no20one20actually20l ikes20him20but20due20to20delusions20of20grandeur20 he20thinks20people20want20a20new20cabinet20with20t he20same20leadership20He27s20hopeless -

I think Yamen's president (Ali Abdallah Salih) is in his way too to get the 3rd place.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
01-29-2011, 02:35 PM
If this sets the stage for poor leadership to be replaced by good leadership, all is good. However, if even poor leadership is replaced with anarchy, it is a poor change.

Overthrowing poor leadership, simply to get rid of it, is not a solution in itself. Unless there is solid unity for a good replacement, the result can be worse than what is removed.

It may not be very wise for the passengers on board a plane to New York, to overthrow the pilot because they want to go to Los Angeles. Especially if there is no pilot among them.

aadil77
01-29-2011, 02:37 PM
yemen should be following up, their corrupt leader allows US drone attacks to freely massacre muslims

Banu_Hashim
01-29-2011, 03:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
If this sets the stage for poor leadership to be replaced by good leadership, all is good. However, if even poor leadership is replaced with anarchy, it is a poor change.

Overthrowing poor leadership, simply to get rid of it, is not a solution in itself. Unless there is solid unity for a good replacement, the result can be worse than what is removed.

It may not be very wise for the passengers on board a plane to New York, to overthrow the pilot because they want to go to Los Angeles. Especially if there is no pilot among them.
Very very true..

marwen
01-29-2011, 03:16 PM

I totally agree with that.

But...... unfortunately, in the arab world, you have to take the risk of entering in anarchy and try to limit the damage, that's the only solution I think. Other diplomatic methods have been tried from inside and from outside but without results : the only way to force a Dictator to quit is by revolution. Yes it's a painful cure with a lot of losses in lives and resources, but it's the only way to change things.

Woodrow
01-29-2011, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
I totally agree with that.

But...... unfortunately, in the arab world, you have to take the risk of entering in anarchy and try to limit the damage, that's the only solution I think. Other diplomatic methods have been tried from inside and from outside but without results : the only way to force a Dictator to quit is by revolution. Yes it's a painful cure with a lot of losses in lives and resources, but it's the only way to change things.
Yes unfortunately there is truth to that.

But, sadly in the past the result was today's often corrupt regimes. It seems that each dictator that is in power today came as the result of the overthrowing of a previous dictator.

marwen
01-29-2011, 04:26 PM
But, sadly in the past the result was today's often corrupt regimes. It seems that each dictator that is in power today came as the result of the overthrowing of a previous dictator.
Yes that's true, it's even historically proved. but ther's one precision about the difference of today's revolution : in the past, the people were sleeping, so a dictator come to replace another dictator, and exploit the aslope people. The difference today is that it's the people who now are the cause of the revolution, there is no new prepared dictator. There is a risk that a new dictator takes profit of the security weakness and take over the government, but I don't think it's easy for him to do that as the people ae not asleep and are revolting.

Rafeeq
01-29-2011, 04:35 PM
but I don't think it's easy for him to do that as the people ae not asleep and are revolting.
I wish it happens as you think.

titus
01-30-2011, 04:47 AM
Many seem to be demanding a say in their government. I don't see most being happy unless the people have a vote.

Without democracy and some form of term limits it will simply be "meet the new boss, same as the old boss".

sister herb
01-30-2011, 10:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by titus
Many seem to be demanding a say in their government. I don't see most being happy unless the people have a vote.

Without democracy and some form of term limits it will simply be "meet the new boss, same as the old boss".
Have you ever lived in country without democracy? Democracy means much more than only you have a vote.

titus
01-30-2011, 02:51 PM
I agree. If they simply trade one leader for life with another leader for life nothing is going to change.

sister herb
01-30-2011, 03:28 PM
I agree. If they simply trade one leader for life with another leader for life nothing is going to change.
Democracy is:

you have one vote (just same who you are or how rich or poor you are)

you have equal rights to get education (just same who you are or how rich or poor you are)

you can be member of any political party or not to be (just same who you are or how rich or poor you are)

if you need protection from police they protect you (just same who you are or how rich or poor you are)

police follow the law and does´t torture you

you don´t have to pay to officers to get some paper from them

you can worship religion you follow or not doing that if you like

Something like this is real democracy. Something like this I work with Egyptians. Someone might think I am with terrorist when support revolution. I call them terrorists if they are againts of democracy.

sister herb
01-30-2011, 03:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Democracy is:

you have equal rights to get education (just same who you are or how rich or poor you are)

you can be member of any political party or not to be (just same who you are or how rich or poor you are)

if you need protection from police they protect you (just same who you are or how rich or poor you are)

Something like this is real democracy. Something like this I work with Egyptians. Someone might think I am with terrorist when support revolution. I call them terrorists if they are againts of democracy.
I have all these rights in my country. Have you?

Asiyah3
01-30-2011, 04:23 PM

This is what I'm afraid of.

I wish we could get a God-fearing leader, like a well-known reliable Islamic scholar.

sister herb
01-30-2011, 05:20 PM
We just have to trust Egyptians that they knows what is best leader to them.

ardianto
01-30-2011, 05:27 PM
I have all these rights in my country. Have you?
In Indonesia ? ................ :lol:

sister herb
01-30-2011, 06:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
In Indonesia ? ................ :lol:
Need to make next revolution in Indonesia... ?

purple
01-30-2011, 09:13 PM
:sl:

Whatever happens, I hope the Egyptian people get a decent standard of living as a result. I hope they no longer have to suffer. I hope they will continue to live in cohesion with their fellow non Muslim Egyptians. I hope Allah (swt) grant them basic freedom. Ameen
The worse that can happen to Egypt if it mirror Somalia! Then there is no going back...
:wa:

Cabdullahi
01-30-2011, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ubah

Whatever happens, I hope the Egyptian people get a decent standard of living as a result. I hope they no longer have to suffer. I hope they will continue to live in cohesion with their fellow non Muslim Egyptians. I hope Allah (swt) grant them basic freedom. Ameen
The worse that can happen to Egypt if it mirror Somalia! Then there is no going back...
Somaliland is peaceful!

purple
01-30-2011, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Somaliland is peaceful!

I know! I said somalia...I mean south. It is so messed up there.

Maryan0
01-30-2011, 09:41 PM
The majority of Somalia is peaceful both Somaliland and Puntland it's only the deep south that's not and even within the south there are pockets that are peaceful. I don't know why Somalia is spoken of as some place that has completely fallen apart. It hasn't :heated:. It's just not unified.
Which is what I hope does not happen to Egypt because even a dictator is better than anarchy, division and civil unrest.
Salam

purple
01-30-2011, 09:58 PM
I did not say Somalia has completely fallen apart. However, there parts of Somalia (south) where it is completely messed up. There has been civil war for last 20 years or so. I should have made that clear.

Maryan0
01-30-2011, 10:10 PM
I did not say Somalia has completely fallen apart. However, there parts of Somalia (south) where it is completely messed up. There has been civil war for last 20 years or so. I should have made that clear.

My post wasn't in reference to you personally. I was speaking in general. It's just you read the news and all it talks about is the pirates or the Al Shaydan. Somalia isn't at all what it is portrayed as. It is for the most part peaceful and livable.
Salam

purple
01-30-2011, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maryan0
My post wasn't in reference to you personally. I was speaking in general. It's just you read the news and all it talks about is the pirates or the Al Shaydan. Somalia isn't at all what it is portrayed as. It is for the most part peaceful and livable.
Salam
Ook sorry.

I agree with you. The reason they do so, "oh look what happens to a country we no longer have control of". It is in their interest to portray somalia like that.

Maryan0
01-30-2011, 10:21 PM
Ook sorry.

I agree with you. The reason they do so, "oh look what happens to a country we no longer have control of". It is in their interest to portray somalia like that.
I agree
Salam

ardianto
01-31-2011, 04:26 AM
Need to make next revolution in Indonesia... ?
No ..! President S.B Yudhoyono is not a tyrant, and actually he is a good person.

I'll explain in my next post, why I laughed.

ardianto
01-31-2011, 05:16 AM
Democracy is:
(it's about Indonesia)
Yes, we have.
Not really equal. Poor people can't afford to pay high education fees.
Yes. But need much money to be caretakers or candidate for legislative.
LOL. :D
Depend on who you are. If you are a poor guy who steal chicken you will not safe from torture. But if you are rich guy who committed white colar crime ........... :D :D :D
LOL again :D
In this matter, I can say "Alhamdulillah".

titus
01-31-2011, 05:25 AM
epend on who you are. If you are a poor guy who steal chicken you will not safe from torture. But if you are rich guy who committed white colar crime
So how common do you think torture is there?

ardianto
02-02-2011, 03:44 PM
So how common do you think torture is there?
In Indonesia ?. Commonly happen in interogation process. But if the criminal is a rich guy, the story will be different.

ardianto
02-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Back to Egypt.

Clash on Tahrir square, Cairo.

Salahudeen
02-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Back to Egypt.

Clash on Tahrir square, Cairo.
I'm watching it akhi, very bad. The pro Mubarek protestors are policement and paid gangs I heard.

marwen
02-02-2011, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
very bad. The pro Mubarek protestors are policement and paid gangs I heard.
I think this is plan B for mubarak : after the police failed to stop the protestors, the second plan is to send some paid gangs/policemen to be infiltered inside the crowds and porvoke terror, to make people scared and stop manifesting. But I think this won't work either as the people know the identity of the gangs.

marwen
02-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Why this man is not gone yet ?!

ardianto
02-02-2011, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
I'm watching it akhi, very bad. The pro Mubarek protestors are policement and paid gangs I heard.
I am on watching too. I see those pro Mubarak 'protesters' throw molotov cocktails to anti Mubarak protesters. No doubt, those pro Mubarak 'protesters' are policemen and paid gangs. One of them that arrested by anti Mubarak brought police ID card.

Salahudeen
02-02-2011, 06:02 PM
I am on watching too. I see those pro Mubarak 'protesters' throw molotov cocktails to anti Mubarak protesters. No doubt, those pro Mubarak 'protesters' are policemen and paid gangs. One of them that arrested by anti Mubarak brought police ID card.
Yes this is a campaign by Mubarak to make the people afraid of protesting so they stop leaving their houses. Scare tactics.

Salahudeen
02-02-2011, 06:03 PM
After sitting in the same spot for 30 years, it's hard to get up without a push.

Masriya
02-02-2011, 06:50 PM
This is not about who should be in charge anymore it's about the current situation.
Egypt is suffering...we're not safe....and our poor are getting poorer.

Life in Egypt has stopped....we want to live again.

President Mubarak has said he is willing to speak with opposition and with the demonstrators.
I haven't left home since Friday. The men in the neighbourhood defend it at night carrying sticks; all because someone set a scheme against Egypt.... all the criminals were released from prison at the same time everywhere in Egypt.
President Mubarak's speech gave us hope of ending this situation. He will leave in the end but will set things right, will talk and will try to fulfill the protestors needs.
We just want to be able to live again. People who get daily wages don't get paid anymore and can't find any source of income ... what can they do next? Steal?
Egypt's economy is collapsing we won't find jobs and our companies will be bankrupt if this goes on any longer.

In Islam, we are not supposed disrupt the country in this way; even if the ruler is wrong in one thing or another we have to give him advice and not cause "fitnah".

I just ask Allah to end this trouble and keep Egypt and its people safe.

joedawun
02-02-2011, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Masriya
This is not about who should be in charge anymore it's about the current situation.

President Mubarak has said he is willing to speak with opposition and with the demonstrators.
I haven't left home since Friday. The men in the neighbourhood defend it at night carrying sticks; all because someone set a scheme against Egypt.... all the criminals were released from prison at the same time everywhere in Egypt.
President Mubarak's speech gave us hope of ending this situation. He will leave in the end but will set things right, will talk and will try to fulfill the protestors needs.
We just want to be able to live again. People who get daily wages don't get paid anymore and can't find any source of income ... what can they do next? Steal?
Egypt's economy is collapsing we won't find jobs and our companies will be bankrupt if this goes on any longer.

In Islam, we are not supposed disrupt the country in this way; even if the ruler is wrong in one thing or another we have to give him advice and not cause "fitnah".

I will pray for you and the people of Egypt. I hope everything can work out and that you can feel safe and have a better future starting soon. Please be careful and stay safe!

جوري
02-02-2011, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Masriya

wa3lykoum aslaam wr wb..

Mubarak is a devil with 82 years of experience, all the youths of Egypt are no match for a an experienced satanist. If Egyptians of which I am one, and have 17 male cousins many of whom are in the air-force and military buy into the satanists' speech, then Egypt will see no change!
You must understand that this is a fight to the death and many youths are well aware of that as they went out carrying their shrouds.. it is either him and his allies or the Egyptian people. Choose Egypt, please choose to do the right thing for those to come...don't choose the enemies, don't buy into his wounded pride.. he has shown no remorse whatsoever over the lives of those lost and continues with his iron grip to cut people off from everything to achieve his goals!
All these youths who have died since are someone's loved one.. Why should any Egyptian life be wasted in vain and for that son of a ***** with 8 hundred billion of blood money to go on living a dignified life and go on imposing his despotic regime?

He has not amended the kaffir constitution even if he took sections 75 out of it which was basically so done to ensure qualifications of presidency so stringent that can only apply to him or his son.. he upholds this simply to appease himself and western powers! His son to this day is very much a part of hizb wtani and he wants time until September not only to eradicate Muslims but all the people in that square and he has proven time and again what he is capable of.. hunger is a ***** it is no surprise what you can buy with threat and bribes!

My aunts were scared yesterday as the imam called from the minaret that their neighborhood is under attack.. they wanted it to end, they bought into the devils speech, but when my cousins got wounded in that square their hatred has been renewed. We will not remove evil from us until we go back to the laws of Allah and be willing to truly die for them-- we must feel it. It isn't about food and shelter.. the prophet PBUH and his companions used to eat leaves from trees and be blistered.. are you willing to die for the truth and die for justice or simply want 'normal life' to go on not caring about who is being taken into under-ground cells and and tortured, who is murdered, who is imprisoned falsely just to have some semblance of normalcy in our personal life? Truly la yasti7q an ya3eesh man 3ash lnfsih.. tomorrow it will be our turn, no matter how much ass kissing and boot licking we do.. do listen to the story of the 'white bull'!

Egypt isn't ONLY fighting mubarak and his regime he is but a tool for the west who has incessantly implied that they would cut aid in exactly such words, in fact their aid has gone directly into his pocket, the people haven't seen it and it is evinced by the living conditions of the average Egyptian. Their aim is to kill Muslims and ensure safety of the colonial settler cockroach-- everything they've done so far including supporting a despot for 31 yrs at the price of his people shows exactly where their interest lies.. every neighboring country that is receiving money is receiving it to ensure just that, oppression to Muslims...

Can you turn on your TV without hearing the role of 'Islamists/extremists/fundamentalists' and the fear of them rising.. exactly what those terms mean is a conundrum.. the west is yet to define for us.
We're going to suffer if we don't go back to the laws that God instated!
Muslim empires that have ever existed have only been a beacon of justice and enlightenment-- It is because of this that Jews and Christians found their safest haven in the Muslim world long before the West started to talk about human rights and freedom of religion. “Jews familiar with history might note that from Spain to Baghdad, it was the Islamic world that offered the Jews of the Middle Ages a fair degree of toleration -- not the Christian West’, so tells us Richard Cohen
Have you known a constitution to be built on the exception? 90% of Egypt is Muslim.. yet we do we run by a kaffir constitutions that oppresses not only the rights of Egyptians but Muslims?

If there is anything at all I am grateful for out of this mess, were the falsely and unjustly imprisoned victims of the Gaza war who were held tortured without trial and alas were able to go back to their family by God's will and because of their faith and hope and may Allah swt look after the rest of us if our intentions are pure..

please pray that Allah swt remove this fear and cowardice from our hearts, that is truly the only thing that is holding us back from what is rightfully ours.

May Allah swt yunsur al'Islam wal'moslmeen walmostad3feen minhoum fi mashariq al'ard wa maghribha!

Don't give up on this ummah out of experiencing a few days of hardship.. a few days of hardship will be worth is for the rest of our lives and the lives of our children.. if we concede and give up our rights for an experienced devil we've already put the last nail in our coffins!

:w:

Cabdullahi
02-02-2011, 10:26 PM
the doc is back! and its time for me to post my poem i wrote a few days ago

A despot sits on his sofa not realizing its over
the streets resemble a country torn by war...but there's no war
not of the civil or the foreign kind
Just vigilant citizens, no longer blind
furious dissidents smitten and held back by riot police
inspired by a revolution trialed and achieved.
its their turn... gas canisters fly by as buildings burn
bodies lay and all you hear is the echo of cries
as the youth cover their eyes and bust back with small sized
rocks to bring down this goliath
go ahead and try it
got nothing to lose...government warns 'brutal force to be applyeth!'
western countries blabber, irrational fear of islam
their comments couldnt be any drabber, little do they know that islam
stands to break and slam their ''democracy'' sham.
network communication is jammed,tensions are heightened
curfews at 4pm until when the skies begin to lighten
no catching sleep!
we'll be digging deep
-to overthrow dictatorial regimes and western puppet freaks.

Salahudeen
02-02-2011, 10:27 PM
I don't want the people to give up now, they've come this far I hope they see it through to the end and get rid of that evil man.

جوري
02-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Thank you Sister Insaanah for this:

So do not weaken and call for peace while you are superior; and Allah is with you and will never deprive you of [the reward of] your deeds.(Qur'an47:35)

جوري
02-03-2011, 01:21 AM
If Egyptians are accessing this forum.. Please know that you're not fighting just the pharaoh and his paid soldiers, but the U.S and Israel as well.. Egypt is the heart of the ummah and neither the Zionists nor the fundies of the west want any sort of change to take place there, if they did they wouldn't have had such chummy relations with these despotic devils for a century against you.. Please know that you're true mujahideen fighting for your ummah and what is rightfully yours.. what was taken from you for your khinoo3 and complacency.. know that whether you share your du3a, offering of your food or merely keeping these people in your thoughts or are the active soldiers out on the street that Allah swt is with you and will not let you down-- he'll make you steadfast.. you're the catalyst for this ummah to rise again so please rise again! ..

2:249-------But those who knew that they would meet Allah exclaimed: How many a little company hath overcome a mighty host by Allah's leave! Allah is with the steadfast!

2:250----Our Lord! Bestow on us endurance, make our foothold sure, and give us help against the disbelieving folk.
رَبَّنَا أَفْرِغْ عَلَيْنَا صَبْرًا وَثَبِّتْ أَقْدَامَنَا وَانْصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ {250}
what he was doing with Obama yesterday was strategizing against you.. please be steadfast.. we're all with you one heart.

waslamu 3lykoum wr wb

Hamza Asadullah
02-03-2011, 02:18 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum, Just 6 weeks ago i was in Egypt talking to many of the locals all over Egypt about how they need to get rid of Mubarak and how the only way that can happen is if the people stand up and start a revolution and Alhamdulillah the day i saw the News headlines that the Egyptian people have stood up to demand the removal of Mubarak and to demand a revolution, i was so happy.

Ya Allah rid this ummah of hypocrite Muslim leaders and replace them with firm Muslims who will lead the Ummah towards victory. Ameen

Amira_Zelda
02-03-2011, 02:20 AM
Ameen !!! :) Allah is with the Egyptian people !

Ramadhan
02-03-2011, 02:28 AM

That's a very good question. In other countries, in a situation like what is now in egypt, a dictator like him would either have stepped down or left. Maybe because Mubarak feel safe because he is protected by USA and Israel?

In Indonesia we had Suharto who also ruled for 32 years, but who finally stepped down in 1998 when things got worse in the streets.

I hope Egypt does not have to go further into this misery and tragedy before Mubarak realizing the reality and step down or leave.

جوري
02-03-2011, 02:49 AM
Tomorrow this despot will burn down Egypt like Nero burned down Rome, backed by his Zionists and fundies who have been supplying him with weapons against the Egyptians. He is as described by the Egyptians a traitor. He has shown time and again that Egyptian and especially Muslim blood is cheap. Today they gave the media a good beating so they wouldn't be able to film from the chaos.. tomorrow they'll give the nationals a taste of the earth.. that is why I am asking all of you to pray that Allah swt removes fear from these people's hearts and make them steadfast. This isn't about what this colonial settler cockroach state wants and it isn't what the chawbacon fundies want. It is about Egypt.. Masr Allah yerj3ha lil'ummah ma7roosa raf3a ras'ha..

my heart bleeds for Egypt.. please please keep them in your du3a.. pray that Allah swt removes this taghoot from us so they don't end up with the same bull **** again in a different form. Please make du3a that we rise as an ummah from your heart make du3a and be one with these people.. perhaps this is the beacon that will light the way for the rest of us..

Jazkoum Allah khyran

Abdul-Raouf
02-03-2011, 03:19 AM
Read somewhere that this President fellow has a wealth ~ 40 billion dollars ..

and he is a muslim..why on earth a muslim is having this much of personal wealth? He Surely Lacks Quality.

When a Leader starts to think about improving/increasing his worldly wealth...he starts to loose the support his followers.

جوري
02-03-2011, 03:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
Read somewhere that this President fellow has a wealth ~ 40 billion dollars .. and he is a muslim..why on earth a muslim is having this much of personal wealth? When a Leader starts to think about improving/increasing his worldly wealth...he starts to loose the support his followers.

he has 800 billion.. funny in his speech he alleged that he wasn't seeking wealth nor power.. I wonder then what he would have done if he were seeking wealth or power? beyond 31 yrs and 800 billion!

Abdul-Raouf
02-03-2011, 03:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

he has 800 billion.. funny in his speech he alleged that he wasn't seeking wealth nor power.. I wonder then what he would have done if he were seeking wealth or power? beyond 31 yrs and 800 billion!
(^^That was a joke actually)...Seems he is a Very Funny Man... like Bush...both of them think they are speaking very smart.

Salahudeen
02-03-2011, 01:14 PM
The army is intervening today. But they're saying the square has been infiltrated by pro government undercover police officers.

Woodrow
02-03-2011, 08:42 PM
I just got this email:

Date: 02/03/11 14:17:07

To: Abdullah Muhammad
Subject: BREAKING: Amnesty delegate detained in Egypt!

Urgent: An Amnesty International staff member and others were detained by police in Cairo, Egypt this morning.
Call on Egyptian authorities to immediately release Amnesty International staff member and other human rights monitors.

Dear Abdullah,

Our hearts nearly stopped this morning when we heard the news - one of our own, a member of the Amnesty International staff, was detained by police in Cairo after the Hisham Mubarak Law Center was taken over by military police.

Our colleague was taken along with at least three others, including a delegate from Human Rights Watch. We do not know their current whereabouts.

The ongoing crackdown on civil society in the wake of the protests in Egypt is appalling. It is essential that human rights monitors be allowed the freedom to do their crucial work at this time of crisis. Egypt must release these individuals immediately.

Please, we need you to speak up with the voice of the international human rights movement:

Tell Egyptian officials to release Amnesty International's staff member and all human rights monitors.

We are appealing directly to the Egyptian authorities because this madness has got to stop.

Please help us bring our human rights colleagues to safety. Please help ensure that human rights are respected in Egypt.

Thank You,

Larry Cox
Executive Director
Amnesty International USA

P.S. The calls you've been making to the Egyptian Embassy and the emails to the US government are making a difference. Please keep up the pressure!
I have not found any other sources to verify it, but if this is true I believe it will cost Mubarak more than 1 or 2 supporters.

Martinz
02-04-2011, 04:32 PM
I have been watching BBC and Al Jajeera English on T.V. on the Egyptian revolution through friday night. On the most part, the thugs are gone...hopefully...The atmosphere is calm.

I have been reading your posts with much interest. Many good points have been made.

In order for democracy to happen - it gets worse before it gets better!

It was beautiful to watch the anti-Mubarak demonstrators praying on T.V. in the Tahrir Square. The world watches... but God also watches and sees into the heart of each individual there. He hears our prayers...

But, I have a two questions: many Egyptians are saying that Mubarak must stay long enough to ensure smooth transition of power. But can you trust Mubarak during the time between now until September when the elections happen - can you trust him enough not to get up to devious & dirty tricks? Look what happened after his announcement that he made- along came the thugs to intimidate and provoke violence against the anti-Mubarak supporters. I know many Egyptians want to trust him and accept him at his word - but how much credibility does he have?

I also heard on German T.V. that Mubarak has stolen billions from Egypts treasury. If Mubarak leaves Egypt (eventually), he will want to safely take that money with him. No leader is above the law. But, how can the Egyptian people gain evidence and file criminal charges against him if he is firmly in power?

Woodrow
02-04-2011, 06:35 PM
I just read a short biography on how Mubarak came to power. It can be seen here:

http://middleeast.about.com/od/egypt...mubarak-09.htm

It raised my curiosity as to how the USA ever decided to side with him and aid him. It suddenly dawned on me, Mubarak posed a threat to the USA because of his past connection with the USSR, Plain and simple he was bought with bribes to keep him from establishing closer ties with the USSR. Now that the USSR has collapsed and is no longer a factor, I really doubt the USA will be coming to the support of Mubarak or his government. He can't be trusted and there is no real need to keep bribing him. Like all things the USA no longer has any use for, he is headed for the trash heap. The revolution just made it easier for the USA to get Mubarak out of it's hair. Inshallah, that will be a good thing for the people of Egypt.

Argamemnon
02-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Depend on who you are. If you are a poor guy who steal chicken you will not safe from torture. But if you are rich guy who committed white colar crime ........... :D :D :D
That's more or less the case everywhere in the world; even in 'advanced' western democracies wealthy and powerful people can get away with many things that the lower class never could.

Martinz
02-09-2011, 05:50 PM
I had learnt from an online non-fundy Christian preacher (forgotten his name; smith?) that the financial aid that the U.S.A gives Egypt is a kind of bribe so that Egypt won't attack Israel. Egypt needs to keep its options open in case Israel attacks Gaza again. Also, the Gaza blockade needs to be broken.

This is what I hope with a change of power in Egypt, God willing.

I just wish the Egyptian Army would have the courage to form an interim government, kick Mubarak out, then organise the elections -including allowing new political parties to be formed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!