/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ~~just really lonely~~

NewMuslimah10
01-30-2011, 06:14 PM
As salamu Alaykum

Where do I start, My brain is a bit fizzled out to be honest.

I became muslim on the 10th february 2010, Alhamdullilah.
I am married and have two children, MashA'llah, I have had NO support whatso eer from anybody, have learnt everyhting about islam from the net, and that isnt always a good thing, when your new to something, how do you know that what you are reading is right? misleading?
I Have pretty much broke ties with my old non muslim friends, I speak with them very rarely, we have nothing in common anymore, and their lifestyles are how mine used to be before islam, clubing drinking all haram things. I dont know any sisters here in Bristol, have spoke with a few online, but they dont seem helpful or supportive.

I am freindly and outgoing, but have become very ery down, I dont even want to leave my house anymore, I dont want to speak with anyone, or do anything, I wake up do the chores, look after my husband and children and thats it. I have lost who I am and I have been making Du'a constantly, and will continue, I just feel lost, left behind, not important.
I have never been one for moaning, I just get on with things in life, but its become too much, I dont know where to begin anymore.

What can I do.

Salam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
01-30-2011, 06:27 PM
It is tough for reverts sis, cause its like you have to start a new life again, but hang in there. Try the local masjids, find out about sisters halaqas.

"Hasbunallahu wa ni`mal Wakil'' [Allah (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs (for us).]'' (3:173).

NewMuslimah10
01-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Jazak Allah Khairan thanks bro.

Yes it is hard, I mean im blessed Allah has guided me dont get me wrong, its just I wish i had friends thats all, lol I have become withdrawn, and to go out to the masjid even that seems too hard for me, like I wont fit in, they look at me pretty wierd, I dont know why....maybe im paranoid!

Cabdullahi
01-30-2011, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NewMuslimah10
Jazak Allah Khairan thanks bro.

Yes it is hard, I mean im blessed Allah has guided me dont get me wrong, its just I wish i had friends thats all, lol I have become withdrawn, and to go out to the masjid even that seems too hard for me, like I wont fit in, they look at me pretty wierd, I dont know why....maybe im paranoid!
All you you need to do is go to a sister gathering and say the magic word......'hello salamualeykum sisters....im new'

as soon as you say that, they will gather around you like a swarm of bees

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
01-30-2011, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo

The Bristol Muslim Cultural Society might be able to help.

I have also found this thread by and for Muslim mums in bristol, which may be helpful.

:)

PouringRain
01-30-2011, 08:27 PM
Welcome to the forum.

S.Belle
01-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Welcome to Islam and welcome to the forum

format_quote Originally Posted by NewMuslimah10
and to go out to the masjid even that seems too hard for me, like I wont fit in, they look at me pretty wierd, I dont know why....maybe im paranoid
when i first reverted I felt the same..like I was out of place but the more I went to mosque the feeling went away and inshallah it will for you as well.

If you have any questions or need support we are all here for you sis :)

Neelofar
01-30-2011, 11:49 PM
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on ur acceptance of Islam! :D U are indeed a lucky and special person in the eyes of Allah (swt) as he has chosen this path for you and inshallah he makes it an easy one too. Keep praying, keep p.u.s.h-ing (praying until something happens :p) try readin some Islamic literature? Or you could even pop down to your local library.. Don't stay cooped up at home! That'll drive you bonkers :p you could also listen to bayaans too.

GuestFellow
01-30-2011, 11:59 PM
:sl:

How about visiting a mosque? You will make friends with good Muslims. Congratulations on accepting Islam.

NewMuslimah10
01-31-2011, 12:23 AM
Thankyou all for your advice, means alot to me, I really will try and go to the mosque, and wont let a few bad experiences with sisters put me off, I do read islamic litrature all the time, I read nothing else...:) I do need to get out, but find it hard to make that step, I dont know whats happened to me, I was so outgoing....Islam is the best thing that has happened to me, Alhamdullilah and I am so blessed Allah chose to guide me, I mean ME, MashA'llah...I have hd contact with Bristol Muslim cultural society, but I guess its been down to me to actually drop in there, and as I said, I have become a recluse! I feel only comfortable at home, but then again depressed with that, I know its down to me to make the effort, I really have tried so hard, and I wont give up....Im never alone as Allah is with me, and everything that happens is for a reason and comes from Allah, I will try my best inshallah. :)

NewMuslimah10
01-31-2011, 12:25 AM
My advert is actually there in that post on Bristol net mums,,, lol
Had one reply a year ago,,,,,and that wasnt for long.
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii

selsebil
01-31-2011, 09:40 AM
Assalaam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Welcome to the forum.Hope you'd benefit from your stay here.

elina
01-31-2011, 10:32 AM
salaam sister...... I know exactly what you mean......before i was drawn to Islam I too was out clubbing and drinking.....although i actually stopped doing this quite a while before i reverted......i slowly broke contact with friends, sometimes because i could see they werent good to be around (and i mean no offence to any of my friends by that) and sometimes because they were over the top with their reactions to me reverting...... i began feeling i was withdrawing into myself and felt really isolated, but after a while i realised i was really withdrawing from a life i had known for over 40 years .... i too dont know any sisters and its hard to speak to my husband about things im not sure of as english isnt his first language and its sometimes difficult to have an in depth conversation ...... most of my learning about Islam came from the internet, then i found this site which as been a great help :) I've found myself just staying in almost all the time and Im also really nervous about going to the Mosque for the same reasons as you :( I cant give you any advice as I kinda feel the same way and sometimes dont know what to do.... I just wanted you to know that you arent on your own feeling like this (i know thats no help sorry) but I will be thinking of you....... its a shame we dont live closer, we are maybe 150 miles from each other..... otherwise we could maybe go together and give each other support ....inshallah we will both make the step soon :)

Amat Allah
01-31-2011, 11:30 AM
Wa Alikum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh my darling ^^

First of all: Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar...all Praise Thanks and Glory be to Allah, I am really happy for ya my sweet heart and I wish I could be there where you are to hug you and kiss ya and tell ya that I am really happy that Allah has blessed me with another precious and dear sister...May Allah love you, be pleased with you , ease everything for you and reward you with the best always and for ever and May He never prevent you from seeing His Al Mighty Face in the highest level of the Paradise; O Allah make her enter it without being reckoning and all my Ummah Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Secondly: Wellcome to our big family here; where you will be with your brothers and sisters who in shaa Allah will help ya in anything and everything you want by Allah`s Willing and mercy...

you are a bless and a precious gift from Allah to all of us my dear sister...May Allah bless ya and every single moment of your life Ameeeen

love you honey for the sake of Allah always and till we meet in Paradise Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

with all my respect, love and humility...your sister till for ever by Allah`s Willing:

Amat Allah

NewMuslimah10
01-31-2011, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by elina
salaam sister...... I know exactly what you mean......before i was drawn to Islam I too was out clubbing and drinking.....although i actually stopped doing this quite a while before i reverted......i slowly broke contact with friends, sometimes because i could see they werent good to be around (and i mean no offence to any of my friends by that) and sometimes because they were over the top with their reactions to me reverting...... i began feeling i was withdrawing into myself and felt really isolated, but after a while i realised i was really withdrawing from a life i had known for over 40 years .... i too dont know any sisters and its hard to speak to my husband about things im not sure of as english isnt his first language and its sometimes difficult to have an in depth conversation ...... most of my learning about Islam came from the internet, then i found this site which as been a great help :) I've found myself just staying in almost all the time and Im also really nervous about going to the Mosque for the same reasons as you :( I cant give you any advice as I kinda feel the same way and sometimes dont know what to do.... I just wanted you to know that you arent on your own feeling like this (i know thats no help sorry) but I will be thinking of you....... its a shame we dont live closer, we are maybe 150 miles from each other..... otherwise we could maybe go together and give each other support ....inshallah we will both make the step soon :)
Wa Alaykum As salam sister, awww how sweet of you to msg me, and really such a shame were not neighbours eh, lol be great to keep in touch, maybe through email/msn, private msg me your email, if you want that is :~) SOunds like we have many of the same feelings so be really good to talk thorugh them with each other, english isnt my husbands first language either, een though his english is greta MashA'llah we cant go in depth Im sure u understand,, :) Salam sis keep in touch inshallah xx

NewMuslimah10
01-31-2011, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
Wa Alikum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh my darling ^^

First of all: Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar...all Praise Thanks and Glory be to Allah, I am really happy for ya my sweet heart and I wish I could be there where you are to hug you and kiss ya and tell ya that I am really happy that Allah has blessed me with another precious and dear sister...May Allah love you, be pleased with you , ease everything for you and reward you with the best always and for ever and May He never prevent you from seeing His Al Mighty Face in the highest level of the Paradise; O Allah make her enter it without being reckoning and all my Ummah Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Secondly: Wellcome to our big family here; where you will be with your brothers and sisters who in shaa Allah will help ya in anything and everything you want by Allah`s Willing and mercy...

you are a bless and a precious gift from Allah to all of us my dear sister...May Allah bless ya and every single moment of your life Ameeeen

love you honey for the sake of Allah always and till we meet in Paradise Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

with all my respect, love and humility...your sister till for ever by Allah`s Willing:

Amat Allah

Ameeeeeeen....

Wa alaykum as salam sister, I sent you an message through MSN, as I recieved your email through your msg,,, Mashallah Jazak AllAH Khair for you kind words and thoughts, makes me really smile to feel such warmth from my brothers and sisters on here,,makes me feel like im not alone, it is such an overwhelming feeling to feel isolated and alone, when I used to be out all the time, have lots of friends, etc,, I would rather be alone and Please Allah then be around the wrong sort of people anyway Alhamdullilah, Allah is with me, and I am blessed and always remind myself with this, just the physical and emotional relatioships I miss, going out with sisters, talking, advising, helping and suporting each other, this is something I really would like, Inshallah. Thankyou sister for your warm heart, and you really made me smile...Salam xxx

cat eyes
01-31-2011, 10:10 PM
welcome to the forum sister:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!