/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Duaa to dream about the dead

Laila-
01-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Assalamu Alykum brothers and sisters, hope all of you are in good health
One again I need everyone’s help 
My friends died last ramadhan, she died from cancer and I miss her a lot
I was researching duaaz before going to sleep on the internet and I came across one of the duaaz, it was a duaa for when you want to dream about a dead person
Is this possible? Is there really a duaa that you could say and then you would have a dream about that dead person, coz I want to have a dream about this friend of mine, I miss her a lot recently
This was the duaa I found:
“A person who wishes to see in dream anyone from the dead should do this: Perform Wudhoo and sleep on your right, recite Tasbeeh-e-Bibi Faatim (S.A.) then recite this Duaa:
Allaahumaa Antal Hayyul-Ladhee Laa Yooswafu Wal Eemana Ya'arifu Minhu Badaa'atil Al'ashyaau Wa Ilayka Ta'oodu Akbal Minhaa Kuntu Maljaa'a Wa Maa Adabar Minhaa Lam Yakunlahoo Maljaa'un Walaa Manjaa Minka Illaa Ilayka, Fa As'aluka Bi Laa Ilaaha Illaa Anta, Wa As'aluka Bismillaahir-Rahmaanir-Raheem, Wa Bihaqqi Habbebika Muhammadin Swallallaahu Alayhi Wa Aalihi Sayyidin-Nabiyyeen, Wa Bihaqqi Aliyyin Khayril Waswiyyeen, Wa Bihaqqi Faatimata Sayyidatan-Nisaail Aalameen, Wa Bihaqqil Hasani Wal Husaynil-Ladheena Ajalta Humaa Sayyiday Shabaabi Ahlil Jannati Alayhi Ajmaeens-Salaamu, An Tuswalli Alaa Muhammadin Wa Aali Muhamma Wa In Turiyanee Mayyiti Fil Haalil-Latee Huwa Feehaa.”

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
01-30-2011, 07:37 PM
:wa:

No du'a will enable you to see the dead in your dreams, and neither did Rasoolullah :saws: or any of the sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them do this) do this.

Also we do not use dead people, whether the Prophet :saws: or Ali, Fatimah, Hasan and Hussain (may Allah be pleased with them all) to approach Allah - the "du'a" you've written above is most likely from a shi3a website.

The best and most recommended thing you can do for your friend, is to make du3a for her. This is proven from the sunnah.

And Allah knows best in all matters.

May Allah grant you sabr and have mercy on your friend, and admit her into jannat al firdous, ameen.

:sl:

Laila-
01-30-2011, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
:wa:

No du'a will enable you to see the dead in your dreams, and neither did Rasoolullah :saws: or any of the sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them do this) do this.

Also we do not use dead people, whether the Prophet :saws: or Ali, Fatimah, Hasan and Hussain (may Allah be pleased with them all) to approach Allah - the "du'a" you've written above is most likely from a shi3a website.

The best and most recommended thing you can do for your friend, is to make du3a for her. This is proven from the sunnah.

And Allah knows best in all matters.

May Allah grant you sabr and have mercy on your friend, and admit her into jannat al firdous, ameen.

Jazakallah for you kind duaa for me and for my friend, I hope uour duaa reaches my friend and may Allah reward you for the help
I don’t know if it is a shih website or not

AabiruSabeel
01-30-2011, 08:19 PM

Hadhrat Abdullaah bin Salaam RadhiyAllahu 'Anhu reports that Hadhrat Salmaan RadhiyAllahu 'Anhu once said to him, "Dear brother! Whichever of us dies first should make an attempt to see his brother." "Is such a thing possible?" Hadhrat Abdullaah RadhiyAllahu 'Anhu asked. Hadhrat Salmaan RadhiyAllahu 'Anhu replied, "Certainly. (After death) The soul of a Mu'min is free to roam wherever it wills on earth, whereas the soul of a Kaafir is locked in captivity."
Hadhrat Abdullaah bin Salaam RadhiyAllahu 'Anhu says, "Salmaan RadhiyAllahu 'Anhu passed away and I was lying on my bed one afternoon when I happened to fall asleep. Salmaan RadhiyAllahu 'Anhu then appeared in my dream and greeted me saying, 'As Salaamu Alayka wa Rahmatullaah.' I responded by saying, 'As Salaamu Alayka wa Rahmatullaah, O Abu Abdullaah. How have you found your destination?' He replied, 'It is excellent. Hold fast to Tawakkul because Tawakkul is a most excellent virtue! Hold fast to Tawakkul because Tawakkul is a most excellent virtue! Hold fast to Tawakkul because Tawakkul is a most excellent virtue!.'" [Ibn Sa'd (Vol.3 Pg.4).]

Another narration states that when Hadhrat Abdullaah RadhiyAllahu 'Anhu saw Hadhrat Salmaan RadhiyAllahu 'Anhu in a dream, he asked, "How are you faring, O Abu Abdullaah?" "I am well," came the reply. "Which deed did you find to be most virtuous?" Hadhrat Abdullaah RadhiyAllahu 'Anhu asked. Hadhrat Salmaan RadhiyAllahu 'Anhu replied, "I have found Tawakkul to be most remarkable." [Abu Nu'aym in his Hilya (Vol.1 Pg.205).]

Hadhrat Abbaas bin Abdul Muttalib RadhiyAllahu 'Anhu says, "I was the neighbour of Umar bin Khattaab RadhiyAllahu 'Anhu and have never seen anyone better than him. His nights were spent in salaah and his days were spent fasting and tending to the needs of people. When he passed away, I asked Allaah to show him to me in a dream. In a dream one night I saw him coming form the marketplace of Madinah with his shawl draped over his neck. After exchanging greetings, I asked, 'How are you?' 'I am well,' he replied. 'What did you find?' I asked further. He replied, 'My reckoning is now over. Had I not found a Merciful Rabb, my honour would have fallen.'" [Abu Nu'aym in his Hitya (Vol.1 Pg.54).]

Hadhrat Abbaas RadhiyAllahu 'Anhu relates, "Umar bin Khattaab RadhiyAllahu 'Anhu was my very good friend. After he passed away, I made du'aa to Allaah for a complete year to show me Umar RadhiyAllahu 'Anhu in a dream. The year had just come to an end when I saw him wiping perspiration from his forehead. 'O Ameerul Mu'mineen!' I said, 'How did your Rabb treat you?' 'My reckoning is now over,' he replied, 'Had I not found a Forgiving and Merciful Rabb, I would have fallen in honour."' [ibn Sa'd (Vol.3 Pg.375)]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insaanah
01-31-2011, 02:24 PM

^ Jazaakallah khair for the correction akhi. Much appreciated.

AabiruSabeel
01-31-2011, 08:30 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

You are right, it does appear to be from a Shia source. It is better to simply pray for the deceased than to try to see him in dream. Who knows in what state you will see him, if at all?

~ Sabr ~
05-21-2012, 09:24 AM
So what du'a can we make to see dead people in dream?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!