/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Constipation problem

Pak-istan786
01-30-2011, 10:55 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum,

Please can someone advise me with my situation. I have pretty bad constipation atm, I've really bulked up on the fibre and even laxatives aren't so effective. I have a lot of gas as a result. So when I've got wudu, it's very difficult for me to pray properly because I'm always worried whether I've broke my wudu, I can't concentrate for most of the time during salaah. Also, I constantly have to do my wudu again this is getting very difficult for me and I need some advice please. Can I be regarded as Mazur in this case?

JazakAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
01-30-2011, 11:17 PM
Can't help you there bro.....maybe someone else can

GuestFellow
01-30-2011, 11:39 PM
:sl:

You should make an appointment with a doctor. Read this. Hope you get better, Inshallah.

Pak-istan786
01-30-2011, 11:44 PM
Yes Thank you I have read a few sites on constipation. I'm helping myself accordingly and hoping it will go away soon Insha Allah. But what about namaaz etc?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
01-30-2011, 11:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saffy786
Yes Thank you I have read a few sites on constipation. I'm helping myself accordingly and hoping it will go away soon Insha Allah. But what about namaaz etc?
:sl:

Read this. I hope you find it useful!

S.Belle
01-30-2011, 11:58 PM
have you tried flax seeds?
just eat like 2-3 tablespoons a day (you can sprinkle them on your bread or cereal) but be sure to drink plenty of water after eating them.

Breaking wind is of two types:
Where there is a time when it stops, such as if it was coming out, then it stops for a while during which one can do wudoo' and pray. In this case, you have to do wudoo' and pray during the time when it stops.
Where it is continual and there is no time when it stops, rather it may come out at any time. In this case you should do wudoo' for every prayer after the time for that prayer begins, and pray the obligatory prayer and whatever naafil prayers you want with this wudoo’, and whatever wind comes out will not affect you, even if that is during prayer.
Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said:
If a person cannot remain in a state of purity for the length of the prayer, he should do wudoo' and pray, and it will not matter if anything comes out of him during the prayer, and this wudoo' will not be invalidated by that, according to the consensus of the imams. The most he has to do is do wudoo' for each prayer. End quote from Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 21/221.
It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (5/411):
The basic principle is that emission of wind invalidates wudoo', but if it comes out of a person constantly, he has to do wudoo' for each prayer when he wants to pray, then if it comes out of him whilst he is praying, it will not invalidate the prayer and he has to continue his prayer until he completes it, as a concession from Allah to His slaves and so as to relieve them of hardship, as Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Allaah intends for you ease”
[al-Baqarah 2:185]
“and has not laid upon you in religion any hardship”
[al-Hajj 22:78].

source
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/110273

Pak-istan786
01-31-2011, 03:58 PM
Heloooooo/AoA Plz doess anyone have an answer??? I am moving about soo much during namaz helppp

Cabdullahi
01-31-2011, 04:06 PM
Heloooooo/AoA Plz doess anyone have an answer??? I am moving about soo much during namaz helppp
Hang in there brother!....our only forum doctor valeys lilly is on leave...if you are lucky she might show up today inshaAllah

Pak-istan786
01-31-2011, 04:07 PM
Wasalaam,

For clarification when you say a person is breaking wind continually you actually mean non stop so for like 24 hours straight? To what degree's/extent are they referring to here? Also, My current problem is that as soon as i do wudu I begin to get a very gassy feeling and It must constantly be whirring around lol. When I pray my namaaz I find it difficult to stand still and keep moving to try to control it and stop the wind. What ruling applies to me here?

Jazak Allah

S.Belle
01-31-2011, 04:19 PM
For clarification when you say a person is breaking wind continually you actually mean non stop so for like 24 hours straight?

something that is continual like you know its going to happen in a certain amount of time like every minute or so.
it seems like you would fall under category number 2 bc you said you feel like it is coming during wudu right?
btw unnecessary movement during prayer invalidates it so just let it out and continue bc you cant help it.

format_quote Originally Posted by Mila
2. Where it is continual and there is no time when it stops, rather it may come out at any time. In this case you should do wudoo' for every prayer after the time for that prayer begins, and pray the obligatory prayer and whatever naafil prayers you want with this wudoo’, and whatever wind comes out will not affect you, even if that is during prayer. Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said: If a person cannot remain in a state of purity for the length of the prayer, he should do wudoo' and pray, and it will not matter if anything comes out of him during the prayer, and this wudoo' will not be invalidated by that, according to the consensus of the imams. The most he has to do is do wudoo' for each prayer. End quote from Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 21/221. It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (5/411): The basic principle is that emission of wind invalidates wudoo', but if it comes out of a person constantly, he has to do wudoo' for each prayer when he wants to pray, then if it comes out of him whilst he is praying, it will not invalidate the prayer and he has to continue his prayer until he completes it, as a concession from Allah to His slaves and so as to relieve them of hardship, as Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Allaah intends for you ease” [al-Baqarah 2:185] “and has not laid upon you in religion any hardship” [al-Hajj 22:78]. source http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/110273

Pak-istan786
01-31-2011, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mila

something that is continual like you know its going to happen in a certain amount of time like every minute or so.
it seems like you would fall under category number 2 bc you said you feel like it is coming during wudu right?
btw unnecessary movement during prayer invalidates it so just let it out and continue bc you cant help it.
Ok so I should stop my namaz bcoz of innecsary movement but then wen can I ever pray em? Or shoud I just pray qaza's where I cant pray properly? Pray for me sissterrr, I ve never had GI problems before !

S.Belle
01-31-2011, 05:47 PM
Ok so I should stop my namaz bcoz of innecsary movement but then wen can I ever pray em? Or shoud I just pray qaza's where I cant pray properly? Pray for me sissterrr, I ve never had GI problems before !

no you should stop the unnecessary movement during salat and pass wind
if you fall under category 2 then u should continue the prayer bc u are not able to control it.
If you fall under category 1 and you go with long periods without passing wind then u have invalidated your prayer and should do wudu and do the prayer again.
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/110273

You are in my duas bro but please get some flax seeds it will make you have a bowel movement and the gas will go away inshallah.

Muhammad
01-31-2011, 08:48 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum brother,

It's best if you can contact a local 'aalim as we do not have qualified people to give fatwas on this forum.

Meanwhile see if there is any advice for avoiding too much gas and at the same time, take the steps to relieve the constipation. Perhaps see your doctor as suggested above.

May Allaah (swt) give you complete shifaa' and help you to worship Him perfectly, Aameen.

Hamza Asadullah
01-31-2011, 09:17 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum,

Please can someone advise me with my situation. I have pretty bad constipation atm, I've really bulked up on the fibre and even laxatives aren't so effective. I have a lot of gas as a result. So when I've got wudu, it's very difficult for me to pray properly because I'm always worried whether I've broke my wudu, I can't concentrate for most of the time during salaah. Also, I constantly have to do my wudu again this is getting very difficult for me and I need some advice please. Can I be regarded as Mazur in this case?

JazakAllah
Asalaamu Alaikum, According to Sheikh Mufti Ebrahim Desai:

Continuous passing of wind renders you a Ma'zoor. Perform a fresh Wudhu for each Salaat time. This will suffice.

http://www.islam.tc/cgi-bin/askimam/...=6782&act=view

In regards to your problems with constipation:

REMEDIES FOR CONSTIPATION

Bael fruit.

Generally all fruits, except banana and jackfruit, are beneficial in the treatment of constipation. Certain fruits are, however, more effective. Bael fruit is regarded as the best for all laxatives. It cleans and tones up the intestines. Its regular use for 2 or 3 months throws out even the old accumulated fecal matter. It should be preferably taken in its original form before dinner. About 60grms of the fruit are sufficient for an adult.

Pear.

Pears are beneficial in the treatment of constipation. Patients suffering from chronic constipation should adopt an exclusive diet of this fruit or its juice for a few days, but in ordinary cases, a medium- sized pear taken after dinner or with breakfast will have the desired effect.

Guava.

Guava is another effective remedy for constipation. When eaten with seeds, it provides roughage to the diet and helps in the normal evacuation of the bowels. 1 or 2 guavas should be taken everyday.

Grapes.

Grapes have proved very beneficial in overcoming constipation. The combination of the properties of the cellulose, sugar, and organic acid in grapes make them a laxative food. Their field of action is not limited to clearing the bowels only. They also tone up the stomach and intestines and relieve the most chronic constipation. One should take at least 350grms of this fruit to achieve the desired results. When fresh grapes are not available, raisins, soaked in water, can be used. Raisins should be soaked for 24 to 48 hours. This will make them swell to the original size of the grapes. They should be eaten early in the morning, along with the water in which they have been soaked.

Try this to:

1.Mix 1-2 tbsp of dried dog rose with 6-10 drops of lemon juice in a cup of boiling water. Let the mix cool down and drink.

2.In 1 cup of boiling water mix 1 tbsp of honey and 10 drops of grapefruit (or 6-7 drops of lemon) juice. Drink in the morning.

3.Every morning 30 min before breakfast slowly drink one cup of very hot water. Use a spoon so as not to burn yourself. This simple remedy cleans the whole digestive system and, taken for at least 6 months, is known to cure chronic constipation. Better results can be achieved by adding juice of 1 lemon to the water. This mix is very good for the liver.

4.Mix together 60 ml of lemon juice and 15 g of table salt and add to 1 ½ L of warm water. Drink all at once and lie down on your back for 4-5 min.

5.Every morning before breakfast and every evening before bed eat 1-2 oranges. (Only if no ulcers are present.)

6.Put 1 tsp of flax seeds in 1 cup of boiling water. Steep for 4-5 hours and drink everything including seeds in the evening before bed.

7.Drink 1-2 tsp of aloe juice 2-3 times a day 30 min before meal for 1-2 months. Add 2 tsp of dandelion root to 1 cup of cold boiled water and let stand for 8 hours. Drink ¼ cup 4 times a day before meal.

8.Mix 20 g of licorice root and 5 g of crushed fennel seeds. Add 1 tbsp of mix to 1 cup of boiling water, wrap up warmly and steep for 2-3 hours. Drink ½ cup 1 hour after meal.

9.Put 10 g of crushed plantain seeds in 1/2 cup of boiling water, steep, filter and drink all at once.

10.Mix together 4 parts of buckthorn bark, 1 part of crushed cumin seeds and 2 parts of chamomile flowers. Add 1 tbsp of the mix to 200 g of boiling water and boil for 10 min at low heat and drink all at once at bedtime. This remedy cleans digestive system and provides good results at constipation, colitis, and hemorrhoids.

It is still better to consult with a reliable and experienced scholar and also medical doctor regarding your issues with constipation. You should not be ashamed to consult with professionals about issues like this.

May Allah may it easy for you and give you shifa (cure). May he give you the best in this world and the hereafter. Ameen

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!