/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Arabic pronunciation

Argamemnon
02-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Salam,

My father can read the Quran in Arabic but I have noticed that his pronunciation is quite bad. For example; I can pronounce surah al fatiha and other suras and duas better than my father; I mean those common duas and suras during salat. And I can't even read Arabic.. isn't ithis interesting ???

I'd like to know how long it will take for the average person to learn the correct pronunciation of Arabic? I know I have to learn the alphabet first, but that's quite easy for me, I'm sure (insha'Allah) because I'm good at learning foreign languages.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Mufarridun
02-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum

It depends on the person really. For some people, such as yourself perhaps, its very easy, for others it might be difficult. It also has a lot to do with your native tongue, if it is similar to Arabic pronunciations, it would be easy for you, but if not then it might be a bit more challenging. In all Arabic pronunciation isn't that hard, you might only need to work on few letters.

May Allah(swt) make it easy for you. Ameen.

Argamemnon
02-01-2011, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mufarridun
Assalaamu Alaikum

It depends on the person really. For some people, such as yourself perhaps, its very easy, for others it might be difficult. It also has a lot to do with your native tongue, if it is similar to Arabic pronunciations, it would be easy for you, but if not then it might be a bit more challenging. In all Arabic pronunciation isn't that hard, you might only need to work on few letters.

May Allah(swt) make it easy for you. Ameen.
Assalaamu alaikum,

I think in the end someone's ability to read the Quran in Arabic says nothing about his or her pronunciation skills, which is very important. I'm considering taking some professional courses. Thanks for the response brother.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!