/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Excellence of Bringing Up Girls

Amat Allah
02-02-2011, 01:48 PM

The Excellence of Bringing Up Girls

The encouragement to seek children covers both sons and daughters,
and along with this general encouragement Islam has given special merits to seeking and bringing up girls
- contrary to the thinking of the people of ignorance (Jahiliyyah) of the past and present, since the people of ignorance
- wherever and whenever found - hated to have daughters and were grieved and angered by their births!

"And when the news of (the birth of) a female (child) is brought to any of them,
his face becomes dark, and he is filled with inward grief! He hides himself from the people because of the evil of that whereof he has been informed.
Shall he keep her with dishonor or bury her in the earth? Certainly, evil is their decision."

[Noble Quran 16:58-59]

But the Messenger of Islam, Muhammad (Peace and blessings be upon him), came elevating the status of this gift given by Allah,
welcoming the daughters, and raising high the importance of their upbringing with words to delight the hearts of the believing fathers and bring joy to their souls:

"Whoever takes care of two girls until they reach adulthood - he and I will come (together) on the Day of Resurrection - and he interlaced his fingers (meaning in Paradise)."

[Reported by Muslim]

So can there be any greater honor given to daughter!? And for those who wish to have them and bring them up properly!? And he said in another Hadith:

"Whoever has three daughters or sisters, or two daughters of two sisters, and lives along with them in a good manner,
and has patience with them, and fears Allah with regard to them will enter Paradise."

[Reported by Abu Dawud, Al-Tirmidhi and others]

And in another Hadith:

"They will be a shield for him from the Fire."

[Reported by Ahmad and Ibn Majah]

And along with the Messenger's honoring the daughters with his words,
we find that he also gave us a living example in his own actions and behavior - for example,
"One day he led his Companions in Prayer whilst carrying Umamah bint Zaynab when he made Ruku' he would put her down, then when he stood, he would pick her up."

[Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

So the position of daughters in Islam is very clear and the encouragement that it gives for them,
and also the hatred it has for those who hate them or are grieved at their births!
We know from this that hatred in some souls toward something - if found - is not a true judgment upon that thing and this is explained in the Quran, as Allah says:

"...If you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing and Allah brings through it a great deal of good."

[Noble Quran 4:19]

So how many righteous women have brought happiness and well-being upon their families and their Ummah!?
And how many corrupt young men have brought every form of misfortune and trial upon this Ummah!?

Therefore, it is upon the parents who have intellect to accept whatever Allah's gift is with full joy and happiness, whether the gift is male or a female.

Since its being a male or being a female is due only to Allah's order alone - He,
the One free from all imperfections - and Most High says:

"To Allah belongs the kingdom of the heavens and the earth.
He creates what He wills. He bestows female (offspring) upon whom He wills,
and bestows male (offspring) upon whom He wills. Or He bestows both males and females,
and He renders barren who He wills. Verily, He is the All-Knower and is Able to do all things."

[Noble Quran 42:49-50]

Khadejah Jones

Share Islam Team

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cuezed
02-02-2011, 09:50 PM
jazakAllah khair for the excellent post

Endymion
02-03-2011, 08:27 AM
Alhamdulillah for Islam who brings the message of peace for the whole world and bring honor for women.Jazakallahu Khairan for sharing :)

Amat Allah
02-03-2011, 11:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cuezed
jazakAllah khair for the excellent post
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Alhamdulillah for Islam who brings the message of peace for the whole world and bring honor for women.Jazakallahu Khairan for sharing :)
May Allah honor you both and make you amongst those who will see Allah Al Mighty Face in the highest level of the Paradise which I am praying to Allah to make you enter it without being reckoning and all my Ummah...Ameeeeen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mr Fussy
02-03-2011, 11:57 AM
Jazakallah khair for this messgage sister. Since the recent passing of my brother, I've been blessed with the duty of raising his daughters whom I love dearly and Insha Allah my brother and Allah (SWT) will be pleased with me.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!