/* */

PDA

View Full Version : reading Quran from Internet

anonymous
02-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum

I was wondering if you could read the Quran from the Internet without having Wudu as you are not touching it -
Im asking becasue sometimes from work i like to read Surats

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S.Belle
02-03-2011, 11:56 AM
At work its easier for me to read the Quran on the internet as I am on the computer for 8 hrs. I was wondering if it is permissible to read the Quran on the internet without wudu'? I asked a local Shaykh and he implied that the obligation of having wudu' is only when one is touching the Quran but not merely reading it without touching it.

Walaikum assalam,
In general, it is permitted to recite the Qur'an without touching it when one is not in a state of minor ritual impurity.
It is superior, when reasonably possible, for one to do wudu.
In a state of major ritual impurity, it is not permitted to recite the Qur'an. [Ala' al-Din Abidin, Gifts of Guidance]
Walaikum assalam,
Faraz Rabbani.

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...id=1433&cate=3

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!