GuestFellow
02-04-2011, 12:17 AM

جوري
02-04-2011, 03:54 AM

Rafeeq
02-04-2011, 04:43 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12359729

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rafeeq
02-04-2011, 04:44 AM

S.Belle
02-04-2011, 04:41 PM

marwen
02-04-2011, 05:17 PM

glo
02-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Somehow women don't seem to resort to physical violence.
Here is how our sisters protest against injustice:

glo
02-04-2011, 07:35 PM
From the BBC:

I don't know what this says, but it looked kind of funny. Can anybody translate?

Cabdullahi
02-04-2011, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Women resort to violence when its against other women....but when its men against men....somehow they like to be spectators

Woodrow
02-04-2011, 08:14 PM
I am very partial to the pictures that show the protesters protesting in very peaceful manners such as this one:

glo
02-04-2011, 08:16 PM
^
I agree, Woodrow.
Non-violent protest is very powerful!

netprince
02-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Assalam Alaikum,

I tried uploading a couple of images of ID cards captured from Mubaraks undercover thugs but kept getting errors. They can be seen on the links shown below. If anyone else can copy them from there and post them then that would also be cool.

Mubarak Thug's ID, Captured by protestors

Demonstrators detain undercover policemen/ govt-hired thugs

Ansariyah
02-05-2011, 12:08 AM

جوري
02-05-2011, 02:40 AM
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/04/ta...ests-in-egypt/

more pix

Danah
02-05-2011, 10:58 AM
How lovely Egyptian people are? Despite all the events happened there, they still have that high spirit and smile! :)

netprince
02-05-2011, 11:34 AM
The ingenuity of people is amazing, a selection of improvised protective head coverings being used by the egyption protestors

LINK

...and still they smile, Mashallah

Al-manar
02-05-2011, 11:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
How lovely Egyptian people are? Despite all the events happened there, they still have that high spirit and smile! :)

Thanx Sis for sharing ,That Made Me Laugh ......

glo
02-05-2011, 02:40 PM

What does the sign say?

Cabdullahi
02-05-2011, 02:48 PM
What does the sign say?
He needs a haircut and wants mubarak to go so he can get one.

Insaanah
02-05-2011, 10:26 PM

Argamemnon
02-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Hmm.. "raises eyebrows" :D .. do you remember Margaret Thatcher? Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton are not exactly peace-loving women either. Women can be just as violent and psychopathic as men are. That was a very very tall claim you made ;)

EDIT: I should also mention that I truly felt offended as a non-violent and peace-loving man :D

Beardo
02-05-2011, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
lol. You never fail to make me smile, masha-Allah.

Here's a pic I found:

Ramadhan
02-06-2011, 01:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii

I truly believed what you said until Rashad blew your cover..

glo
02-06-2011, 08:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar

So did I! :D

glo
02-06-2011, 08:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
Hmm.. "raises eyebrows" :D .. do you remember Margaret Thatcher? Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton are not exactly peace-loving women either. Women can be just as violent and psychopathic as men are. That was a very very tall claim you made ;)

EDIT: I should also mention that I truly felt offended as a non-violent and peace-loving man :D
Apologies for using such crude gender stereotypes, Argamemnon. You are right to correct me. :embarrass

I simply haven't seen any pictures of Egyptian women engaging in physical violence or fighting ...

Danah
02-06-2011, 09:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar

So did I! :D
Well, that is what the sign really said, but if you understand egyption dialect it would be more funny becuz English translation can't simply explain the words in that sigh!

GuestFellow
02-06-2011, 01:36 PM

:sl:

Nice watch...

جوري
02-06-2011, 04:06 PM
I simply haven't seen any pictures of Egyptian women engaging in physical violence or fighting ...

actually that niqabi sister who is carrying rocks (see page 1) has the intention to do just that ...
Egyptian women are known for their feisty, fiery spirits and passion for what they believe is right and if you ask them they're indeed willing to die for it...

جوري
02-06-2011, 09:38 PM
one of my personal favorites

very expressive.. of course it had a sarcastic caption beneath it.. because the Zionist dogs and their poodles are always right and Muslims are evil/racist you know just fill in the blank with the bleep of your choosing..

:w:

جوري
02-07-2011, 04:45 AM

her poster reads ''sorry that I am late my homeland''

Al-Mufarridun
02-07-2011, 05:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
one of my personal favorites

very expressive.. of course it had a sarcastic caption beneath it.. because the Zionist dogs and their poodles are always right and Muslims are evil/racist you know just fill in the blank with the bleep of your choosing..

^^^ lol I like that one :D

جوري
02-07-2011, 05:10 AM
wonderful.. thank you for sharing.. I am very worried about the outcome.. I feel like it might fizzle or get worst with tougher crackdown on citizens as to never let this happen again.. already the kid who started this along with a few others have not been seen or heard from...imsad

Al-Mufarridun
02-07-2011, 05:31 AM
I'm truly confident that this movement or awakening can't be suppressed completely, it broke the threshold in that eventful Wednesday. It makes sense now, that we indeed begin to truly live when we have conquered fear(of death). no matter the outcome, those who participated in these events and those who witnessed them, will forever be changed by these events. I'm very much optimistic, the hardships are certainly not over yet, but I'm optimistic the People will persevere as long as necessary for the Nasr of Allah to come.

"So do not become weak, nor be sad..." (Qur'an 3:139)
"And grieve not over them, and be not distressed because of what they plot." (Qur'an 16:127)
"And put your trust in Allah if you are believers indeed..." (Qur'an 5:23)
"No calamity befalls on earth or in yourselves but is inscribed in the Book of Decrees –
before We bring it into existence." (Qur'an 57:22)
"O you who believe! Seek help in patience and the prayer..." (Qur'an 2:153)
"Verily, with hardship there is relief" (Qur'an 94:6)

جوري
02-07-2011, 05:52 AM
Thank you.. Jazaka Allah khyran.. truly you comforted me with your words and quoting the Quran and may Allah swt reward you for that..

Insaanah
02-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Look carefully where these brothers are sitting...

They are risking their lives by sitting in the tank tracks, so as to immobilise the tank... May Allah protect them, ameen.

Danah
02-07-2011, 03:04 PM

viewerphp?id23769413 -

The poster says: "Leave! My hand is hurting me"

Argamemnon
02-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Apologies for using such crude gender stereotypes, Argamemnon. You are right to correct me. :embarrass

No need to apologize :) there is some truth to what you said because fighting during demonstrations usually occurs between men, that's true. But I think God programmed men to be soldiers, however, aggression is always unwanted and should always be the very last resort and avoided as much as possible.

Peace :)

جوري
02-08-2011, 09:04 PM
500 fabulous new pix of today's protests.. really such an amazing wide protest al7mdlillah just when I felt that it might have fizzled ..

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/08/eg...-cairo-square/

Al-Mufarridun
02-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum

just went through some of the pictures. fascinating. thanks for sharing! :)

Nájlá
02-08-2011, 09:47 PM

glo
02-08-2011, 10:30 PM
500 fabulous new pix of today's protests.. really such an amazing wide protest al7mdlillah just when I felt that it might have fizzled ..

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/08/eg...-cairo-square/
According to the BBC today was the biggest gathering of protesters since the start of the demonstrations!

جوري
02-14-2011, 01:08 AM
my cousin just sent me this one.. hilarious

it says leave before the air runs out...

Argamemnon
02-14-2011, 08:39 AM
Let us keep in mind that Egypt is one of the few Muslim countries with a strong sense of statehood, the others of course being Turkey and Iran. I firmly believe that Egyptians know what they are doing...

جوري
02-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Let us keep in mind that Egypt is one of the few Muslim countries with a strong sense of statehood, the others of course being Turkey and Iran. I firmly believe that Egyptians know what they are doing...

Insha'Allah ya rabb.. I wouldn't mind a Turkish style parliamentary system so long as it is Islamic purely!

Argamemnon
02-14-2011, 11:13 AM

Insha'Allah ya rabb.. I wouldn't mind a Turkish style parliamentary system so long as it is Islamic purely!

Insha'Allah, I can imagine a strong Turkish-Egyptian alliance. And I wish Iran was a Sunni state but alas :(

جوري
02-14-2011, 11:26 AM
Insha'Allah, I can imagine a strong Turkish-Egyptian alliance. And I wish Iran was a Sunni state but alas

Insha'Allah the tides of change are sweeping all over the middle east.. what they succeeded in ruining in the last 200 yrs or so isn't going to last much longer.. there is a new generation now who aren't running after bread-- a generation after freedom--one that grew up sick of kowtowing to ignorance, oppression and injustice.. I am so glad this happened in my lifetime.. I really thought we'd die on this regime, bequeathed to his greedy miserable son!

جوري
02-16-2011, 08:44 PM
more pix..nice slide show..

https://cid-ff3bb4ad95820bb7.photos....pub=SDX.Photos

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!