/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assalaam Alaykum from New Zealand

Martinz
02-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Greetings to my brothers and sisters of a One God!

I got into an argument with my niece the other day. She said that Palestinians hate Jews and want them to leave Israel. I said that that was simply untrue and that it was more likely to be that Israeli's hate Arabs and want them to leave. I am not perfect. I admit that I got abit cranky with her. It's just that most Christians assume this point of view without really checking up on the truth. I was shocked that she thought that; she is actually a very intelligent Christian girl. I said " If you really want to know the truth, go google "Jewish Voice for Peace". Then I stormed off.

On the other hand, the wife of my landlord happens to be a Christian Minister. I told her that I am not like most Christians in that I have much support for my brothers and sisters of the Islamic faith. She agreed with me and told me how at her church someone had visited the Holy lands and talked to the congregation about the human rights abuses against the Palestinians .

I don't believe in converting people from one religion to another. I believe in the conversion of people to God - through whatever religion they feel most comfortable with. Every religion has both its hypercrites and its believers. No religion is greater than a persons personal relationship with God!

I pray that you will accept me on this basis and feel ok about me being here.

:bism:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
selsebil
02-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Hello Martinz,

Greetings.Welcome to the forum.Hope you'd benefit from your stay here.

Peace!

Ramadhan
02-04-2011, 03:33 PM
salam,

Welcome to the forum.
Hope you have enjoyable and beneficial stay.

Just tell this to your niece to ponder:
why is it that Jews, christians and muslims co-existed peacefully in Palestine for more than 1,000 years under the muslim rule, until the occupation by the british and the creation of the state of Israel?

The media, who control the world's opinion, is controlled by the west, portray the muslims as the transgessors in Palestine, while the reality is the complete opposite.

tigerkhan
02-04-2011, 03:35 PM
welcome to the forum Bro. it nice to see u here.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
02-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Salaam,

I would give her a book on the Palestinian and Israeli conflict. A book that is impartial. She will be able to read it and understand the conflict.

Welcome to the forum.

S.Belle
02-04-2011, 04:27 PM
welcome to the forum
hope you enjoy it here

PouringRain
02-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Martinz
02-04-2011, 05:01 PM
naidamar: true!

What is interesting is that she and myself are descendants of a famous Sephardic Jewish industrialist who used to consult with the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire on behalf of the Bulgerian Jews in the 18th century.

She'll be alright. My sister (her mother) will probably have a talk with her. I have had many talks with my sister and she understands and agrees with my point of view. She also understands that I am strongly passionate about these issues. I was so furious when Israel attacked Gaza - I literally had steam coming out my ears!!!

GuestFellow
02-04-2011, 05:07 PM
^ When discussing these issues, it is best to remain calm. You can think more clearly.

aadil77
02-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Muslims and jews have lived together for centuries. Jews have migrated with muslims all across the world, whilst the islamic empire was exapnding, they chose to live under islamic rule because of our justice. So its obvious we have no issue with them, only with bloodthirsty zionists (many who are not jews)

Rafeeq
02-07-2011, 06:17 AM
Welcome to islamic board

Al-Mufarridun
02-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Welcome to the forum Martinz

Grace Seeker
02-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Welcome, Martinz, I look forward to "hearing" your voice in the forum.

Zafran
02-10-2011, 11:32 PM
welcome to the forum

Hope you enjoy your stay here

MustafaMc
02-11-2011, 12:30 AM
Welcome, Martinz. I look forward to conversing more with you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!