/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How long would it take you to read every post on the Forums?

Woodrow
02-05-2011, 07:07 AM
This just hit me. It finally sunk into my head that over 1,000,000 posts have been written. If I were to attempt to read all of them and kept at the highest number I read each day, about 100 for my fastest days. It would take me approximately 30 years to read all of them. If I were to try to keep up a maximum rate of about 1000 per day it would still take me about 3 years to read all of them.

I will have been a member here for 5 years this May, in this time I believe a fairly close estimate of the number of posts I have read is 100,000, at this rate it will only take me another 45 years to read the rest of them. That is if everybody stops posting for 45 years so I can catch up.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syed_z
02-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Lol ...great thanks for the calculations. My advise dont even try doing this.

Darth Ultor
02-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Well, a really long time. A lot of the posts in the Islamic discussion boards are tl;dr.

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-05-2011, 01:18 PM
1 question. How much time does it take to read a single post of Hamza81? :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
PouringRain
02-05-2011, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
Haha! But I do recommend reading through them! I thoroughly enjoy his posts.

I confess that I do not read even a fraction of posts on the forum. But Woodrow, I have a question, given that topics often become cyclical, if you factored out all the redundant threads, then how many would remain? And you also could probably exclude most of the introductory thread, and humor (unless you were having quite a blue day), and also eliminate picture threads, and many other fluff threads. This could reduce your number greatly. Also, threads that contain videos, you could put in the background and listen to while perusing through other threads.

Plus, oddly, some people get annoyed if you start resurrecting old threads. :hmm:

Personally, I scan through thread titles and if they look interesting enough I roll my cursor over them to see a preview of what is inside. I also have a bad habit of not re-visiting threads that I have posted in, so if someone replies to me I usually don't know for a day or more (sometimes never). :nervous:

Woodrow
02-05-2011, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
Haha! But I do recommend reading through them! I thoroughly enjoy his posts.

I confess that I do not read even a fraction of posts on the forum. But Woodrow, I have a question, given that topics often become cyclical, if you factored out all the redundant threads, then how many would remain? And you also could probably exclude most of the introductory thread, and humor (unless you were having quite a blue day), and also eliminate picture threads, and many other fluff threads. This could reduce your number greatly. Also, threads that contain videos, you could put in the background and listen to while perusing through other threads.

Plus, oddly, some people get annoyed if you start resurrecting old threads. :hmm:

Personally, I scan through thread titles and if they look interesting enough I roll my cursor over them to see a preview of what is inside. I also have a bad habit of not re-visiting threads that I have posted in, so if someone replies to me I usually don't know for a day or more (sometimes never). :nervous:
Typically when I first come on line my first step is to read any reported post. After that I try to find the first threads of new members, after that I jump to the sections that have the most disputes and read the latest posts. Next I go to any section that is showing a high degree of activity and read through the most active threads. Finally if time permits I go to the sections I personally enjoy and read at my leisure.

GuestFellow
02-05-2011, 11:23 PM
:sl:

Brother Hamza posts are amazing.

Beardo
02-05-2011, 11:29 PM
LOL! Do you read them all? I just skim on the first couple paragraphs, I confess. I do that to all long posts though.

tigerkhan
02-06-2011, 04:34 AM
1 question. How much time does it take to read a single post of Hamza81?
dont worry, how much time it will take, it will not be wasted,.........
His posts are mashallah most helping...i love it.

AabiruSabeel
02-06-2011, 04:47 PM
I just managed to read all the posts on this thread. :phew

When I first became a Trainee Mod, I always tried to read every single post which was under my moderation. Now I only read what interests me and the reported posts.

Hannah.
02-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Same. I just read the posts that interests me.. but brother Hamza81's posts are just AMAZING. MashAllah. Our IB Sheikh :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!