/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What's your browser?

Beardo
02-06-2011, 10:57 PM
I switched to Chrome from Mozilla just right now. x)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Mufarridun
02-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum.

I use Mozilla.

PouringRain
02-07-2011, 12:31 AM
I use Opera. I like Firefox, but have had too many problems with it in the past. I've never had any problems with Opera.

Perseveranze
02-07-2011, 12:45 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Firefox.

Sorry for anyone who uses IE.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
shakylla
02-07-2011, 02:36 AM
I've switched from Safari to Firefox. Personally, I think it's a lot more reliable than Safari. I've tried downloading Chrome but apparently it's not compatible with my Mac.

Woodrow
02-07-2011, 03:12 AM
I have tried every browser I have found as a free download. Always ended up coming back to firefox. I have found that if you download more than 4 or 5 Add-ons, it starts acting up. Stick to only the add-ons you really need and it is fantastic. One add-on I think everybody should have is "Lazarus" text recovery.

Aprender
02-07-2011, 03:32 AM
I used Firefox most of the time but I switch to Chrome every now and then.

PouringRain
02-07-2011, 03:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I have tried every browser I have found as a free download. Always ended up coming back to firefox. I have found that if you download more than 4 or 5 Add-ons, it starts acting up. Stick to only the add-ons you really need and it is fantastic. One add-on I think everybody should have is "Lazarus" text recovery.
Every time I had problems with firefox I never had any add-ons.

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-07-2011, 04:07 AM
I used to use Firefox but now I am using Chromium/Google-Chrome. It is faster than Firefox, but I yesterday I tried Firefox 4 beta and it seems to be a bit faster and beautiful than it's predecessor, Firefox 3.6.

Asiyah3
02-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Google Chrome. From my experience it's faster than Firefox.

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-07-2011, 01:48 PM
^ Yes, it is but I believe many of our requests are redirected through Google's servers...

Beardo
02-07-2011, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shakylla
I've switched from Safari to Firefox. Personally, I think it's a lot more reliable than Safari. I've tried downloading Chrome but apparently it's not compatible with my Mac.
No chrome for macs? That is VERY interesting news to me. I guess another reason why NOT to buy a macbook.

I'm trying to convert from Firefoxism to Chrome-ism.

Salahudeen
02-07-2011, 04:54 PM
firefox I.E slows my PC

Rabi'ya
02-07-2011, 04:55 PM
:sl:

Usually I use Chrome.....but occasionally I have relapses and go back to Firefox

BintAbee
02-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Too set in my ways, so I use IE :X

Abdul-Raouf
02-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Four browsers are installed in my notebook, IE,Mozilla,Chrome and Opera.

Out of which i use Mozilla most of the time...then chrome...then Opera..and very rarely IE

Tilmeez
02-07-2011, 05:57 PM
I have added a poll :p

Go for option number 7 if not sure.

PS: Be careful, Poll is public :X

Woodrow
02-07-2011, 06:19 PM
My condolences are for those who use IE. May they one day at least try something else even if it is Lynx browser.

Lynx browser is a nice very simple browser that does nothing except connect you to the internet

You can read about it here: http://www.lynxbrowser.com/

Nobody has to use IE unless it is by choice.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
02-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Assalaamu `Alaaykum

i use IE and have had no problems with it or i probably dont notice any of the problems of using it, as many have mentioned in the past.

but im thinking the problem is the slowness of it and not being able to use features i think.

Khaair, so i use IE.

Peace

arabic alphabet
02-07-2011, 07:03 PM
firefox have many good addons and that is good for webmasters

Sawdah
02-07-2011, 09:15 PM
I have IE, Firefox and Chrome but I mostly use Firefox because it's the first browser I see on my desktop and it's pretty fast at loading the pages, alhamdulillah.

Dagless
02-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Firefox, but Netscape Navigator 4.04 ftw imo.

Alpha Dude
02-07-2011, 10:51 PM
I really don't see what the big deal is about Chrome. Seems quite cheap and tacky to me.

PouringRain
02-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Since I am the only one with Opera, I feel the need to advertise and share this wonderful browser. :p

http://www.opera.com/

* Disclaimer: This is not a paid advertisement. :D

GuestFellow
02-08-2011, 12:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
I use Opera. I like Firefox, but have had too many problems with it in the past. I've never had any problems with Opera.

I like Opera. Internet Explorer works fine for me, fast as opera. I used Firefox but it was too slow for me,

Raaina
02-08-2011, 12:31 AM
I use Chrome, I find it faster then Firefox. But, somethings I can use in chrome, so have to relapse back to firefox.

Haven't used I.E for a long long time. Slowly trying to show my folks how bad it is and how much better chrome and firefox is!

PouringRain
02-08-2011, 12:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow

I like Opera. Internet Explorer works fine for me, fast as opera. I used Firefox but it was too slow for me,
Yay! Two Opera users.

One thing I like about Opera is that I can keep a gazillion tabs open all the time, and they stay there, and do not use tax my resources, and if I accidentally close one I can retrieve it from my "closed tabs".

I really do keep a gazillion tabs open too. :statisfie I never used to do that before Opera. But now, with a bazillion-gazillion things saved in bookmarks, finding things can be tough (even with them organized by category). So, if I visit a tab frequently (like a forum), or if need a tab rather immediately, or if I want something at easy access.... then just leave them all open. At present I have open: 4 forums (3 islamic, 1 christian), neopets, 2 crochet pattern sites that I want to use soon, 1 site of pictures from my little ones latest photo session, 2 blog sites related to education, 3 Youtube songs (christian), 1 youtube nasheed, 1 youtube salah vid, my email box, 1 IRB site, 1 food site, 1 google book site, 4 research sites (education), 2 sites that were posted on this forum the other day that I wanted to look at further, and 2 sites on variations of tashahhud. (My life in tabs!)

With firefox I used to have to save them as bookmarks on my toolbar. I would never think to have open multiple tabs or else it would just drain my resources and slow down my browser something awful.

-Fallen Angel-
02-08-2011, 01:09 AM
I dont use Chrome simply because its known to collect quite a lot of data (while many other programs do this too) and Google is one of the biggest "data" collectors around. Dont wanna be supporting their agenda by using it :p

GuestFellow
02-08-2011, 01:13 AM
Yay! Two Opera users.
*Throws confetti*

One thing I like about Opera is that I can keep a gazillion tabs open all the time, and they stay there, and do not use tax my resources, and if I accidentally close one I can retrieve it from my "closed tabs".

I really do keep a gazillion tabs open too. :statisfie I never used to do that before Opera. But now, with a bazillion-gazillion things saved in bookmarks, finding things can be tough (even with them organized by category). So, if I visit a tab frequently (like a forum), or if need a tab rather immediately, or if I want something at easy access.... then just leave them all open. At present I have open: 4 forums (3 islamic, 1 christian), neopets, 2 crochet pattern sites that I want to use soon, 1 site of pictures from my little ones latest photo session, 2 blog sites related to education, 3 Youtube songs (christian), 1 youtube nasheed, 1 youtube salah vid, my email box, 1 IRB site, 1 food site, 1 google book site, 4 research sites (education), 2 sites that were posted on this forum the other day that I wanted to look at further, and 2 sites on variations of tashahhud. (My life in tabs!)

With firefox I used to have to save them as bookmarks on my toolbar. I would never think to have open multiple tabs or else it would just drain my resources and slow down my browser something awful.
I like the speed dial too. I can access the websites that I like and use several websites at once...I hate bookmarks, get on my nerves! *head desk*

I dislike firefox...it looks ugly. O_o

S.Belle
02-08-2011, 01:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BintAbee
Too set in my ways, so I use IE

same here:hiding:

SlaveOfGod
02-08-2011, 01:35 AM
On the laptop there's IE, Chrome and Firefox. I generally use IE because it's a custom now lol and when I'm on my iPod I use safari :)

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-08-2011, 04:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
That is VERY interesting news to me.
What's more interesting is Chrome doesn't handle RSS feeds...:ermm: at least not a native one.

Rafeeq
02-08-2011, 07:20 AM
I use to IE and I am addicted to it.

marwen
02-13-2011, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rafeeq
I use to IE and I am addicted to it.
so are computer hackers :D

I feel much secure and comfortable using Firefox. I used all the other browsers for testing and compatibility matters. I think google Chrome is my second choice because it has a quick loading of webpages, but I don't use it too much. I use IE only to download Firefox if there is no other browser in the machine ;D .

these are good stats about the use of browsers :
http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

elina
02-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Yay! Two Opera users.

I use firefox and was just about to say thats a great feature, i shut windows by mistake all the time......then i looked at firefox toolbar and realised i can do it on there....ive only used it forever and didnt know lol

manaal
03-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Using Firefox 3.6.15, is the new version better? I was using Opera before and IE before that. Tried Chrome but didn't like it.

I've installed the fast dial add-on to make it more opera-ish. Any other cool add ons i should have?

peace_maker
03-09-2011, 07:15 PM
I use both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Fire Fox. But I'm usually stuck up with my regular Nokia phone browser.

Huzzy_786
03-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Firefox for the win!

manaal
03-10-2011, 07:08 PM
What's the best browser for Nokia Smartphones?

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-11-2011, 12:15 AM
^ Opera mini.

Ali Mujahidin
03-12-2011, 01:37 AM
I use Firefox. Beta 4 actually. btw Firefox runs better in Ubuntu than in Windows.

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-12-2011, 02:58 AM
^ You use Ubuntu? :)

Ali Mujahidin
03-12-2011, 03:50 AM
Oh yes, I use Ubuntu. Sabily, actually, which is built on top of Ubuntu. Sabily has built-in Athan and dua plus a nifty mouse pointer with dzikr. All free and legal. Also virus-proof. So far Linux had only been breached by two virus attacks and one of it is a planned security test. If you know now to use Windows, you know how to use Ubuntu.

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-12-2011, 03:55 AM
^ Good. I know about Sabily. I am using Ubuntu since it's Intrepid release...so it's been a long time now, I am using 10.10 now and I use Othman Quran browser on my box.

highway4
03-12-2011, 06:38 AM
Internet Explorer because it was on my computer in the first place.... my knowledge in computers is very limited...

Ali Mujahidin
03-12-2011, 06:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by
Internet Explorer because it was on my computer in the first place.... my knowledge in computers is very limited...

Learn a bit a day and you will be knowledgeable soon. Insha Allah.

Ramadhan
03-12-2011, 02:02 PM

IE is the worst of all web browsers, it's slow and it's among the favorites for virus/wares/hackers attacks.
You might want to do yourself a favor and download mozilla firefox:
http://download.cnet.com/mozilla-firefox/

Ali Mujahidin
03-12-2011, 03:18 PM
IE is the worst of all web browsers, it's slow and it's among the favorites for virus/wares/hackers attacks.

I second that. Make it I third that, too. I used IE, too, long ago, until I was totally fed-up with the virus attacks. Then I switched to Firefox. I have also used Opera and Chrome. They are faster but they don't have all my favorite add-ons, so I am sticking to Firefox.

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Google Chrome is not running fine on my Ubuntu 10.10, it has some serious issues with Ubuntu lately. So, it's time to say goodbye to Chrome, I am back on my Firefox 3.6.15.

Edit:
Wow! pages are rendered perfectly here and WYSIWYG edit works in Firefox only and not on Chrome...Firefox is the best browser!:thumbs_up

Ali Mujahidin
03-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Google Chrome is not running fine on my Ubuntu 10.10, it has some serious issues with Ubuntu lately. So, it's time to say goodbye to Chrome, I am back on my Firefox 3.6.15.

Are you running Chrome under Crossover or are you using the new Linux Chrome?

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-13-2011, 04:41 PM
^ I was using google chrome. the 32 bit .deb one...It had some serious issues....my computer would freeze...and gnome-panels being unexpectedly terminated...etcetera

Zuzubu
03-13-2011, 04:48 PM
From IE to Chrome. =)

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Crossover
Man, I cannot afford buying Crossover...:(

Ali Mujahidin
03-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Man, I cannot afford buying Crossover

??? I got my Crossover free.

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Using firefox 4. I must really appreciate the effort the folks at mozilla put in, the browser is awesome...everyone using firefox should update their software.

Reflections
03-23-2011, 03:22 PM
I used IE and then finally dowloaded Firefox..<3 it lol
How good is Ubuntu? I'm thinking of downloading it...

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-23-2011, 03:25 PM
^ Oh you'll love Ubuntu as well. :p I am using Ubuntu since Nov-Dec 2008 and no regrets--well why would I have regrets using Ubuntu when I don't have to worry about viruses and antiviruses and I need not spend money on buying licenses for the software...

Don't just download it. Use it :p I should say that a normal user can easily with some self education or with the help of some books available on internet can administer a desktop Linux.

Human_Being
03-23-2011, 03:32 PM
I only ever tried IE, Firefox and Chrome like but I had probs with IE and Chrome but never had any with Firefox so i stick with Firefox

Reflections
03-23-2011, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid
^ Oh you'll love Ubuntu as well. :p I am using Ubuntu since Nov-Dec 2008 and no regrets--well why would I have regrets using Ubuntu when I don't have to worry about viruses and antiviruses and I need not spend money on buying licenses for the software...

Don't just download it. Use it :p I should say that a normal user can easily with some self education or with the help of some books available on internet can administer a desktop Linux.
So would I have to remove windows 7 (which I an currently using) and then download Ubuntu? I'm still having two minds about using it because other users may not want to adjust using something 'different'.

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-23-2011, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Abi
So would I have to remove windows 7 (which I an currently using) and then download Ubuntu? I'm still having two minds about using it because other users may not want to adjust using something 'different'.
No, no, you can use Windows and Ubuntu concurrently-well not literally. You can have both OSes on your computer. I use Ubuntu 10.10 and Windows Media Center Edition on my computer. You can use the Live CD/USB option before you makeup your mind.

Reflections
03-23-2011, 04:31 PM
You can use the Live CD/USB option before you makeup your mind.
Meaning?:/ I'm useless at computers, suprised enough I found this forum and somehow registered.

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Meaning?:/ I'm useless at computers, suprised enough I found this forum and somehow registered.
I'm afraid, in that case you might want someone to guide you through the installation/grub-configuration/desktop-configuration to be able to use your computer seamlessly.

I'm surprised, if, as you said you are useless at computers how did you find about Ubuntu?

Reflections
03-23-2011, 04:52 PM
^^

Someone recommended it to me, prior to that never heard of it.Insha-Allah I'll see whether its worth going through the hassle of downloading it or not.

Woodrow
03-24-2011, 12:41 AM
I just now updated to Firefox 4. It has some interesting features. But it dosen't support the colored tabs that I was used to. It does have a nice add0n for 3D tabs. I'm playing with that now. 4 is prettier than the older Firefox, but outside of more stuff to play with I think I like the Firefox 3.6 better. But, I'll give 4 a few weeks try before I give up on it.

Little_Lion
03-24-2011, 01:27 AM
You can't beat Ubuntu if what you use a computer for is the internet and paperwork. If you game, stick with Windows unless you want to dual-boot, which I would only recommend if you REALLY know what you're doing. :)

I just switched to 4.0 too, and I'm hoping they come out with the toys for it soon enough. insha'Allah. I already had the 3D browsing through CoolIris, so it's not really a new feature for me. :/

Ramadhan
03-24-2011, 02:02 AM
Using firefox 4. I must really appreciate the effort the folks at mozilla put in, the browser is awesome...everyone using firefox should update their software.

Thanks for the heads up.
I downloaded Firefox 4 last night, and so far I'm loving it.

Woodrow
03-24-2011, 02:13 AM
I am now playing with the carosal view of favorites on Firefox 4

Little_Lion
03-24-2011, 04:52 AM
I just typed out a huge reply for another thread and *poof* . . . Jazak'Allah khayr, Woodrow, I just went and installed Lazarus. XD

Who Am I?
05-27-2011, 05:14 PM
At work, they use Internet Explorer.

At home, I use Firefox.

'Abd Al-Maajid
05-27-2011, 06:12 PM
^ Same here.
At work I use IE on Windows and at home I use Firefox on Ubuntu.

Who Am I?
05-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Ubuntu? One of my gamer friends has that on his PC. I never could figure out how to navigate it. I've become too accustomed to Windows XP, I guess (I HATE Vista).

Dagless
05-27-2011, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Just a Guy
Ubuntu? One of my gamer friends has that on his PC. I never could figure out how to navigate it. I've become too accustomed to Windows XP, I guess (I HATE Vista).
Your gamer friend chose one of the worst operating systems for games. Btw it's really similar to Windows so you should give it a go (and maybe give Windows 7 a go too - I hated Vista, but love 7).

Who Am I?
05-27-2011, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Your gamer friend chose one of the worst operating systems for games. Btw it's really similar to Windows so you should give it a go (and maybe give Windows 7 a go too - I hated Vista, but love 7).
I have limited experience with Windows 7, but I keep hearing good things about it. I'll check it out if I ever decide to upgrade my dinosaur of a computer...

GuestFellow
05-27-2011, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Just a Guy
I hate vista too. It is annoying to use.

Reflections
05-27-2011, 11:30 PM
Windows 7 is pretty good...I updated to firefox 4..I hated it..switched to google chrome..hated that even more..and now back to firefox 4.

GuestFellow
05-27-2011, 11:37 PM
^ Try opera. =)

Reflections
05-27-2011, 11:59 PM
I youtubed it..does look good..when it's on a 'brand new-costs a little pretty laptop. I'll do istikhara for it...

Who Am I?
05-28-2011, 12:36 AM
Firefox is good. I like it better than IE.

Revert 2010
05-28-2011, 12:50 AM
Firefox most of the time

'Abd Al-Maajid
06-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Firefox 5.0 is out!

Umm AbdurRahman
06-23-2011, 06:32 PM
i use Chrome...n i feel dat is best !! =)

Who Am I?
06-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Firefox 5.0 is out!
Yes, I just downloaded and installed it on my home PC this morning.

Ramadhan
06-24-2011, 02:54 AM
I didn't see any noticeable difference between this 5.0 with earlier version
it seems a little bit faster though, but that could be only my perception

marwen
06-24-2011, 07:36 AM
^ same here, not so much fun with the new version. It seems changes are not visible.
Developers say improvements concerned memory, networking performance and standards support for HTML5 codes etc. And also a fix for a big list of bugs.
It's also noticeable that the developement cycle has been accelerated. Version 6.0 may be soon available in 4 or 5 months.

Dagless
06-30-2011, 11:46 AM

Alpha Dude
06-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Chrome is gay.

ardianto
07-01-2011, 01:26 AM
I instal Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome in my laptop. But I prefer to use Firefox.

'Abd Al-Maajid
07-01-2011, 03:07 AM

I like IE, so cute :wub: but i cannot install it on my ubuntu machine. hahahaha...However at work i use ie.

I use firefox. i love ff.

missy
07-01-2011, 03:08 AM

That's soooo cute! haha
I wonder why the "Internet Explorer" kid is zipping his mouth...:-\
poor guy.

I use Chrome.

Ramadhan
07-01-2011, 07:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by missy
That's soooo cute! haha I wonder why the "Internet Explorer" kid is zipping his mouth... poor guy.

The IE kid is sniffing glue, no wonder it's the most retarded and slowest of all browsers.

Dagless
07-01-2011, 11:05 AM

I like IE, so cute :wub: but i cannot install it on my ubuntu machine. hahahaha...However at work i use ie.

I use firefox. i love ff.
http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page

'Abd Al-Maajid
07-01-2011, 01:54 PM
I've tried that long back. I prefer ff.

Starrynight
07-02-2011, 11:17 AM

Lawlz. This image is so great.
I use Chrome and loooove it

'Abd Al-Maajid
07-02-2011, 11:18 AM
I use Firefox and everyone should love Firefox. :p:

GuestFellow
07-02-2011, 07:15 PM
^ Salaam,

I hate firefox.

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Chrome is gay.
I hate Chrome.

QUOTE=Dagless;1450984]

I hate IE.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan

The IE kid is sniffing glue, no wonder it's the most retarded and slowest of all browsers.
LOL

'Abd Al-Maajid
07-03-2011, 03:24 AM
^ then what do you use, opera?

Just_A_Girl13
07-03-2011, 04:03 AM
You use Ubuntu?
Of course! I have Ubuntu 11.04 and Windows 7 dual-booted on my laptop and I love Ubuntu :) I've never used Linux before, but it's a fun challenge for me. And yes, that is how I get my kicks ;D

Just_A_Girl13
07-03-2011, 04:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines
I've become too accustomed to Windows XP, I guess (I HATE Vista).
Everyone hates Vista ;D

'Abd Al-Maajid
07-03-2011, 04:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Just_A_Girl13
Of course! I have Ubuntu 11.04 and Windows 7 dual-booted on my laptop and I love Ubuntu :) I've never used Linux before, but it's a fun challenge for me. And yes, that is how I get my kicks ;D
Welcome to IB Ubuntu Fraternity. :) I've been using Ubuntu since it's 8.10 release, i still remember i struggled a lot to get automount, codecs, partitions... good old days, i learnt Linux on my own. :statisfie

Just_A_Girl13
07-03-2011, 04:22 AM
Welcome to IB Ubuntu Fraternity. I've been using Ubuntu since it's 8.10 release, i still remember i struggled a lot to get automount, codecs, partitions... good old days, i learnt Linux on my own.
I only just discovered Ubuntu. I had never seen an open-source OS before, and I fell in love with it :) I'm a sucker for anything open-source because it's like repeatedly slapping Microsoft in the face ;D I'm learning Linux on my own as well. I love the feeling of accomplishment I get when I figure something out all on my own and it actually works.

GuestFellow
07-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Salaam,

^ then what do you use, opera?
Yes.

Everyone hates Vista ;D
I hate Vista.

Who Am I?
07-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Everyone hates Vista ;D
I've heard that Windows 7 is pretty good but I've never tried it.

Ramadhan
07-05-2011, 01:26 AM
Windows 7 is actually good. I went straight from XP to 7 and avoid the nightmare that was Vista.

Reflections
07-05-2011, 02:04 AM
Windows 10 has come out if that's the correct one? I'm not very technical so don't know if that's what it's called..it's the new one after windows 7...I love w7 <3

Who Am I?
07-05-2011, 03:21 AM
I might upgrade my OS one of these days. I took my computer in to get some more RAM but they said I needed to upgrade to a 64 bit OS. Apparently XP is only 32 bit.

Abdul-Raouf
07-05-2011, 03:22 AM
I think this is the third thread of this kind for browsers.....but fine.. things are changing frequently - new options for the polls.

I use Chrome often... than any other browser.
Firefox is second in my list.

Ramadhan
07-05-2011, 04:31 AM
Windows 10 has come out if that's the correct one? I'm not very technical so don't know if that's what it's called..it's the new one after windows 7...I love w7 <3

It's Windows 8
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20...-be-your-idea/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13628154
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_8

Jalal~
07-05-2011, 04:17 PM
why is firefox so good? is it fast or something? i remember i used it once, it was a little slow :/ chrome is much faster, reliable, and organized: just the way i like it

Ramadhan
07-06-2011, 07:03 AM
I like firefox best, and I find it at least as fast and often faster than Chrome for visiting my popular sites.
Chrome is good when you go visit google sites such as youtube, gmail, etc.
Also, Chrome is too spartan to my liking, I like a little bit of pizzaz and yet still speedy, which is Firefox.

Speaking about Google, has anyone got the invite for Google+? https://plus.google.com/up/start/?sw=1&type=st
Google hopes it's gonna be the facebook killer.

waji
07-06-2011, 02:27 PM
im right now using Google+
like it, a lot of control is in your hand

Just_A_Girl13
07-06-2011, 03:30 PM
I'm using Windows 7 right now. It's actually very good.
I might upgrade my OS one of these days. I took my computer in to get some more RAM but they said I needed to upgrade to a 64 bit OS. Apparently XP is only 32 bit.
Try Ubuntu. The 11.04 version is very nice :)

Ramadhan
07-06-2011, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by وجی
im right now using Google+ like it, a lot of control is in your hand
That's good to know. What I didn't like about Facebook is the lack of control and limited options for privacy settings, which drove me to put it to sleep.

Who Am I?
07-06-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm using Windows 7 right now. It's actually very good.

Try Ubuntu. The 11.04 version is very nice :)
One of my gamer friends has Ubuntu on his computer. I never could figure out how to navigate it. :embarrass

Dagless
07-06-2011, 05:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan

That's good to know. What I didn't like about Facebook is the lack of control and limited options for privacy settings, which drove me to put it to sleep.
Google isn't known for it's love of user privacy.

Who Am I?
07-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Facebook is a time hole. I had to quit going there because I was spending way too much time posting sarcastic comments on other people's statuses (or posting my own while drinking). I still have my profile, but I haven't been there in a few months now, since before I took my shahada. So none of my FB friends know that I am a Muslim now.

DippedinJannah
07-06-2011, 11:34 PM
I used FF for years but with FF 4 it developed big memory leaks. I would go away find it using 3GB of RAM the next morning!

So now I use Chrome.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-08-2011, 08:52 AM
As-Salaamu Alaaykum

Im using the Firefox one because many have said on this forum its fast, but it seems the same to me as IE..just looks kooler!

maybe its my net, its slow i guess, anyone know how to speed the net up?

.. peace ..

Just_A_Girl13
07-08-2011, 03:13 PM
One of my gamer friends has Ubuntu on his computer. I never could figure out how to navigate it.
Yeah, it does take a little getting used to, especially if you've never used Linux before. If you're a Windows user and you want to try it, I would suggest dual-booting it so you can go back to Windows quickly and easily. You have to be willing to play around with it a bit, I guess. Or at least that's what I'm doing.

Google isn't known for it's love of user privacy.
Agreed. Another good reason to use Firefox instead of Chrome :D

format_quote Originally Posted by Pєαяℓ σf Wιѕ∂σм
Im using the Firefox one because many have said on this forum its fast, but it seems the same to me as IE..just looks kooler! maybe its my net, its slow i guess, anyone know how to speed the net up?
Salaam,

I would suggest checking your router and your internet connection. I once went months using a really terrible internet connection or none at all, not knowing the router had accidentally gotten unplugged. I hadn't even thought to check that. But if your internet is really terrible, that could be the cause. Or you might need a new router. Also, there are usually various different internet connections to choose from on any one (or several) router(s). Try using a different one.

Peace :)

Who Am I?
07-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Yeah, it does take a little getting used to, especially if you've never used Linux before. If you're a Windows user and you want to try it, I would suggest dual-booting it so you can go back to Windows quickly and easily. You have to be willing to play around with it a bit, I guess. Or at least that's what I'm doing.

I didn't know you were a computer nerd, sister.

Who Am I?
07-08-2011, 05:22 PM
:wa:

'Abd Al-Maajid
07-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Have you successfully run a cron job on your ubuntu machine?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Salaam,

I would suggest checking your router and your internet connection. I once went months using a really terrible internet connection or none at all, not knowing the router had accidentally gotten unplugged. I hadn't even thought to check that. But if your internet is really terrible, that could be the cause. Or you might need a new router. Also, there are usually various different internet connections to choose from on any one (or several) router(s). Try using a different one.
Wa Alaaykum as-salaam sis

Jazakallaahu Khaayr for your help sis, i really appreciate it, everything seems to be connected and fine, also I just recieved a new router but it seems the same-ish, but khaayr it is fine so no worries

shes not, shes a geek!

kidding :-\

Just_A_Girl13
07-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Of course I am :) Look up the word "nerd" in any dictionary and you'll find my picture ;D

Who Am I?
07-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Of course I am :) Look up the word "nerd" in any dictionary and you'll find my picture ;D
I'm more of a dork than a nerd, though by strict definition, I am in a fact a nerd of sorts. I just never had the grades in school to officially qualify as a nerd.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!