/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Studying to be a Doctor {InshALLAH}

ayan333
02-07-2011, 07:13 AM
Salamu Alaykum WaRahma

Here is my issue.I graduated in 2009 from high school and Alhamdulilah now im in college.I recently changed my major from Education to PA {Physician Assistant}.

I love teaching,it is my passion and almost like second nature to me but honesty i really did it because i knew it wouldn't effect me practicing my Religion And i could move over seas to a Islamic country and find a job easily Alhamdulilah...but i realized that i need/wanted something to challenge me so i decided to go back to studying to be a PA.I would be licensed to provide high quality health care, treat illnesses, plan prevention strategies, and write prescriptions.So basially get paid like a doctor and work like a nurse 1{best of both worlds} but here is my problem(s)

1.) Will this bring Fitnah? I will have to deal/work with the opposite gender all the time.In Islam am i allowed to treat the opposite sex even if it isnt a Must? and then the "shaking hands" issue will be a job of its own

2.) where i live there are only 4 universities that offer this PA program.Two which are private school which are very expensive and where students usually take out loans,\..the other two universities are far from my house and woud require that i live abroad for 27 months

any advice,im stuck

JazakALLAH Khair in advance

WaSalamu Alaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
02-08-2011, 07:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333
Salamu Alaykum WaRahma

Here is my issue.I graduated in 2009 from high school and Alhamdulilah now im in college.I recently changed my major from Education to PA {Physician Assistant}.

I love teaching,it is my passion and almost like second nature to me but honesty i really did it because i knew it wouldn't effect me practicing my Religion And i could move over seas to a Islamic country and find a job easily Alhamdulilah...but i realized that i need/wanted something to challenge me so i decided to go back to studying to be a PA.I would be licensed to provide high quality health care, treat illnesses, plan prevention strategies, and write prescriptions.So basially get paid like a doctor and work like a nurse 1{best of both worlds} but here is my problem(s)

1.) Will this bring Fitnah? I will have to deal/work with the opposite gender all the time.In Islam am i allowed to treat the opposite sex even if it isnt a Must? and then the "shaking hands" issue will be a job of its own

2.) where i live there are only 4 universities that offer this PA program.Two which are private school which are very expensive and where students usually take out loans,\..the other two universities are far from my house and woud require that i live abroad for 27 months

any advice,im stuck

JazakALLAH Khair in advance

WaSalamu Alaykum
Asalaamu Alaikum, My sister this question is complex and would require you to ask a reliable and experienced scholar in your area or locality. If you need help locating one then i can try my best to find one for you.

I have two Masjids for you to contact in Atlanta which i assume is where your from according to your profile:

Contact 1

Al-Farooq Masjid of Atlanta

Masjid Phone #(404) 874-7521

Mailing Address:

442 14th Street NW

Atlanta, GA 30318

USA

Director of PR: Dr. Khalid Siddiq

Phone: (404) 293-4912

Pager: (404) 726-0699

Information: info@alfarooqmasjid.org

Dar-un-Noor: (404) 876-5051

www.darunnoor.org

Dar-ul-Uloom: (404) 874-7521

Contact 2

Atlanta Masjid of Al-Islam

560 Fayetteville Rd SE

Atlanta, Georgia 30316

Phone: 404-378-1600

Fax: 404-377-0043

Get in touch with them as i am sure they will be more than willing to help you resolve your issues inshallah.

I pray whatever is best will happen for you inshallah

And Allah knows best in all matters

tigerkhan
02-08-2011, 07:57 AM
if u just ask a opinion that if we were in that situation, what will be our choice. i say i go for Teaching, and leave medical.
actually priorities changes with time. so it depend what u have in ur mind for future plan. like b4 joing career i had in mind that i dont go on job which had much work load, its just bcz i dont want to take much load of dunia and wana work for ahraa. so there is difference from person to person. i u have intention to grow more and more in eman in future then u must think it b4 deciding anything. bcz once u choose one side, then changing field will be difficult.
Allah SWT help u in right descion.

transition?
02-16-2011, 08:43 PM
Why not become a medical professor? I've been thinking of doing that. Medical professors generally do research, too.

From what Im aware of, there are different types of physician's assistant. Why not try something in women's health/hospital or PA for a ob/gynecologist?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
02-16-2011, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333
1.) Will this bring Fitnah?

Unless a person is attracted to suffering and disease state then I don't see how it can bring fitnah?!

did they not have women treating the wounded during the time of the prophet?..People's idea of medicine and what medicine actually is, are very disparate.. I must admit, that you'll have far bigger problems to worry about in medicine than fitnah and it isn't a decision that can be entered into lightly.. it is a very stressful from every angle.. and I know many, myself included who if knew what lay ahead and in store would have probably opted for a road more traveled!

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!