/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Little Mosque on the Prairie

Pygoscelis
02-08-2011, 03:54 AM
Has anybody here seen the CBC show "Little Mosque on the Prairie"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc9Bd...eature=related <-- A random episode form the first season.

I am curious about the non-Canadian muslim reaction to it, if any.

It is a show about muslims who move into a small Canadian town in Saskatchewan (I think) and how they come to get along with the locals.

Upon hearing about it and watching the first episode I thought it was hokey and overly PC, but now having watched the entire series I really enjoyed it and found it quite charming. I especially like Baber, Yasir, and the banter between Fatima and Fred Tupper.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
02-08-2011, 04:03 AM
I haven't seen it, but some days I feel like I am living it. If the TV series is anything like the small Muslim population that lives on the prairie States of the USA I can see where it would be quite interesting. It does provide for some interesting questions. I love the questions I often get from children and their innocent curiosity.

Beardo
02-08-2011, 04:19 AM
I've watched it. I guess it's okay ... Nice to have a Muslim-based show. Though, it's not exactly 100% Islamic. But then again, it's a nice show. None of that dirty stuff most shows have.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!