/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Paris Hilton did NOT convert to Islam

Muslim Woman
02-09-2011, 04:11 AM
:sl:

Better to nip this rumor now before it spreads even further. Already I received a few emails stating that Paris Hilton has embraced Islam and plans on opening an Islamic School in Beverly Hills!

Firstly, they are all reading this article here:

http://www.dailysquib.co.uk/entertai...-to-islam.html
A clip from the above link states:
JEDDAH – Saudi Arabia – Former American socialite, Paris Hilton has converted to Islam, her spokesman, Ian Brinkham, has revealed to CBS news.
This article is a satire piece. If you visit the above website you will find a photo-edited image of Paris donning a headscarf. However scroll to the bottom of The Daily Squib, the last line on the website.

It states:
© Copyright 2011 dailysquib.co.uk | The Daily Squib is a curious satirical publication and should therefore be taken seriously

Excuse the crass language but that’s simply a copy and paste from their website.

After a back & forth email with a certain Muslim Organization in South Africa, who insists this satire piece is true, i decided to publish this post and squash this silly rumor altogether.

Sadly, the bigger joke is on the Muslims adding in the comments of that site thinking its true.

http://myummah.co.za/site/2011/02/08...vert-to-islam/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
shakylla
02-09-2011, 04:44 AM
Good post!

The moment I heard about this, I sort of suspected that something wasn't right. I hope this wouldn't turn into another "Did Michael Jackson revert to Islam?" debacle. If a famous celebrity does, in fact, embrace Islam then good for them. Personally, I think it makes no sense in glorifying it or turning it into such a hoo-ha.

Hopefully, this rumour will die down.

Strzelecki
02-09-2011, 06:07 AM
Why would you doubt it Muslim Woman?
Allah swt is capable of all things.

I personally would love to see Paris come to Islam - or any other celebrity/person for that matter.

May Allah swt guide her to the deen. Ameen.

Imagine the attention she'd bring.

But, yes, the article is fake - and obviously so just by reading it.

Ramadhan
02-09-2011, 09:32 AM
very similar to http://www.theonion.com/
"America's finest news source"!

jokes are quite sophomoric, but good for occasional laughs.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
02-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Salaam,

No, she did not convert to Islam.

MustafaMc
02-09-2011, 01:46 PM
I don't understand the fixation on celebrities regarding whether or not they have reverted to Islam.

Amat Allah
02-09-2011, 01:57 PM
someone wants to play and see where his/her big lie will reach and have a good day laughing on the responses of others...this is the joy of some people May Allah give them a speedy recovery Ameeeeeeeeeen

May Allah guide us all, Jinn and Mankind before the day of Judgement...Ameeeen

Danah
02-09-2011, 02:05 PM
This is the first time I read about such rumor to begin with.
All what I can say is may Allah guide everyone to Islam whether they were celebrities or normal people. If they embraced Islam they will be all the same in the sight of Allah and the only thing that will help them is their deeds not their fame nor their money.

Salahudeen
02-09-2011, 03:37 PM
I heard this, kinda had a feeling it was just a rumour.

Muslim Woman
02-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by buriedaway_4536
Why would you doubt it Muslim Woman?

our local daily says she decided to embrace Islam after visiting holy Kaaba. As non-Muslims are not allowed to enter Kaaba , I suspected that it's a fake one.

a funny post from ummah forum

I love Paris Hilton . She always makes me :rotfl:

Once, she was asked in an interview "Do you know which is the major religion of Pakistan?"

She was like "Err....Erm...no"

The interviewer hinted "It's the most talked about religion after 9/11"

Paris was like "Oh yeah...Kabbalah"

:rofl1:

Perseveranze
02-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

She's a really spoilt daddy's liittle girl.

Salahudeen
02-09-2011, 04:00 PM
I don't get why people get so excited when celebritys become Muslim.

Ansariyah
02-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Gosh not another one of these Hoaxes! Dont these people have a life who create such lies? I guess not.

I gotta a feelinnnn! That tonights gonna be a good night....

I meant

Someones gonna get sued:hmm:

Ramadhan
02-10-2011, 04:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
our local daily says she decided to embrace Islam after visiting holy Kaaba. As non-Muslims are not allowed to enter Kaaba , I suspected that it's a fake one.

Sometimes non-english media can make mistakes and just translated everything they find on the net and publish them as news without realizing that they're just satires.

Here too in Indonesia I've read some newspapers translated and published some stories from the onion which made me chuckles.

Ramadhan
02-10-2011, 04:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
Gosh not another one of these Hoaxes! Dont these people have a life who create such lies? I guess not.

It's not hoax.
It's satires.

GuestFellow
02-10-2011, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar

Here too in Indonesia I've read some newspapers translated and published some stories from the onion which made me chuckles.
:sl:

I find it surprising that people actually take the Onion news seriously...

LauraS
02-10-2011, 01:56 PM
The idea of Paris Hilton converting to Islam is hilarious XD I don't think anyone here would have believed it anyway.

titus
02-10-2011, 02:12 PM
I don't think it would help out Islam's image by having Paris Hilton convert so I really don't understand why some Muslims would be excited about it.

Now if it was an intelligent celebrity I would understand, but Paris Hilton?.....

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-10-2011, 02:15 PM
I don't care even if she converts to Islam for real. If anyone converts to Islam, he/she is doing a favor on themselves not on Islam or Muslims.

GuestFellow
02-10-2011, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by titus
I don't think it would help out Islam's image by having Paris Hilton convert so I really don't understand why some Muslims would be excited about it.

Now if it was an intelligent celebrity I would understand, but Paris Hilton?.....
As long as someone converts to please Allah, I really have no problem. I would strongly advise for any non-Muslim to thoroughly research Islam and think very hard before converting.

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-10-2011, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by titus
Now if it was an intelligent celebrity I would understand, but Paris Hilton?
HAHA...:lol:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!