/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is fasting life-long permissable?

peace_maker
02-09-2011, 02:33 PM
:sl:
I have a doubt, and hope I get it cleared here.
I know someone, who made intention of fasting life-long and even did it. He used to fast on mondays and thursdays, which is sunnah. Now he has stopped, I don't know the reason why.

Is it permitted to make such an intention? And is there any punishment to not fulfill one's intention?

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
02-12-2011, 05:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by peace_maker
:sl:
I have a doubt, and hope I get it cleared here.
I know someone, who made intention of fasting life-long and even did it. He used to fast on mondays and thursdays, which is sunnah. Now he has stopped, I don't know the reason why.

Is it permitted to make such an intention? And is there any punishment to not fulfill one's intention?

:wa:
Asalaamu Alaikum, there is nothing wrong with making an intention of doing a good act even if it is not fulfilled. Fasting Mondays and Thursdays is a great Sunnah and has many great benefits and rewards but it is not a sin if it is not fulfilled after making intention to do so.

And Allah knows best in all matters

peace_maker
02-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Walaikum salaam.
Thank you.... :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!