/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Day a No-No for Muslims

Muslim Woman
02-11-2011, 02:45 AM
:sl:

share this useful article with others for the sake of our hereafter.

...We the muslims, believe in 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year love with our parents, brothers, sisters, wives, kids and all others. NOT FOR ONLY ONE DAY (Valentines day).

That this Day origins lie in the pagan beliefs of the Romans, where it was an expression of the spiritual love of the idols which they used to worship instead of Allaah.

Allaah Says (what means):

“Verily, whosoever sets up partners (in worship) with Allaah, then Allaah has forbidden Paradise to ...him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the polytheists there are no helpers.” [Quran 5:72]

.. connection between Saint Valentine and this festival has been questioned by many sources, and it considered to be far from definite. It would have been better for the Christians to reject t

his pagan festival in which they imitated the pagans. So how about us Muslims, who are commanded to be different from the Christians and the pagans before them?

..This festival was denounced by the Christian clergy in Italy, the bastion of Catholicism, because it was spreading bad attitudes and having an adverse effect on the minds of young men and women.

So,

Muslims are to reject it, warn others against it and to fulfill their duty towards it of enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil.!!!

We Muslims only have 2 celebration Eid ul Fitr and Eid ul Adha.

You can join the facebook group showing your support to Say No to Valentines Day and spread the awareness that Valentines Day isnt a holiday for muslims and it is a big deal!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=192253310803142&index=1

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
06-29-2013, 03:13 PM
Yes, all these special days are a marketing ploy to encourage people to spend money, father's day, mother's day, valentines day, birthdays (even), teachers day, and others I have not mentioned. Otherwise, people would only spend on gifts during Christmas and Easter.

Today, in the sermon for Friday prayers, the imaam said something I new to me, that is Fridays are a special day for the muslims, it is a big a day as Eid ul Fitr and Eid ul Adha. Interesting...

Iceee
06-29-2013, 03:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Today, in the sermon for Friday prayers, the imaam said something I new to me, that is Fridays are a special day for the muslims, it is a big a day as Eid ul Fitr and Eid ul Adha. Interesting...
In Islam, we have three special days. Friday (Jumah), and the two Eids. Yes, for some reason, the Imam mentioned this last week Jumah as well...:mmokay:

Father's Day, Mother's Day, etc. are just there for fun to collect money and show love (only for that particular day!).
I show my family 24/7 love, not just one day love. We as Muslims should always do that. Except that I buy socks for my Dad on Father's Day instead of a hug. :statisfie

My Dad is weird and bought my Mom roses the day after Valentine's Day, I guess he knows this too. My Mom thought my Dad was lagging/glitching. Lol.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!