/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My cursor is acting funny and I want those little packaged chocolate croissants

جوري
02-12-2011, 02:10 AM
My cursor started acting funny I guess ever since I started taking those pix today using the prnt screen button. It will freeze, sometimes it will highlight everything.. it doesn't work unless I click on the right or left side of the mouse rather than simply the normal way which is using sweeping of fingers.. please advise..

I am also in the mood for some mini chocolate croissants with milk but I don't think anyone can help with that, they don't sell those in the U.S unless fresh unfortunately..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
02-12-2011, 03:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
I am also in the mood for some mini chocolate croissants with milk but I don't think anyone can help with that, they don't sell those in the U.S unless fresh unfortunately..
Great. Now I'm craving some too. I know I'm supposed to be on a diet, but I'm eating some Hershey's cookiesncream kisses. :x

Hamza Asadullah
02-12-2011, 03:57 AM
My cursor started acting funny I guess ever since I started taking those pix today using the prnt screen button. It will freeze, sometimes it will highlight everything.. it doesn't work unless I click on the right or left side of the mouse rather than simply the normal way which is using sweeping of fingers.. please advise..

I am also in the mood for some mtini chocolate croissants with milk but I don't think anyone can help with that, they don't sell those in the U.S unless fresh unfortunately..

Asalaamu alaikum, When i was in Egypt recently i used to love those mini croissants with chocolate sauce in the middle, they were amazing. You get like two in a little packet. Pity you dont get then in th Uk either.

Beardo
02-12-2011, 04:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu alaikum, When i was in Egypt recently i used to love those mini croissants with chocolate sauce in the middle
They were amazing. You get like two in a little packet. Pity you dont get then in th Uk either.
Try nutella in a regular croissant.

Gah. I'm craving some milk chocolate.

You Brits are lucky, getting Cadbury milk chocolate. Though, one of you UKers told me that Cadbury is poor man's chocolate, and that there are much better chocolates out there lol. Dunno!

Ferrero Rochers anyone?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
02-12-2011, 04:11 AM
Cadburys are pretty good. They've been taken over by an American company recently called "Kraft". Thorntons are really good. Love pralines.

Beardo
02-12-2011, 04:16 AM
Cadburys are pretty good. They've been taken over by an American company recently called "Kraft". Thorntons are really good. Love pralines.
Haven't heard of either. American chocolate isn't so bad, I suppose. I just ate some Hersheys' Cookies'n'Creme Kisses right now. The valentine's season has taken over the candy isle(s).

Hamza Asadullah
02-12-2011, 04:24 AM
Hersheys are ok but nothing special. Their certainly not a hit here. Cadburys is still choco king here. Its all about Galaxy chocolate. But for luxurious chocolate it has to be belgian truffle chocolate and belgian pralines.

Beardo
02-12-2011, 04:52 AM
Hersheys are ok but nothing special. Their certainly not a hit here. Cadburys is still choco king here. Its all about Galaxy chocolate. But for luxurious chocolate it has to be belgian truffle chocolate and belgian pralines.
Gah. I'm craving some right now. Won't you be a dear brother and send me some? :D

When I came from England last Summer, I brought a load of chocolate with me. Finished it a month or two ago though.

I'm craving some good milk chocolate right now. Trader Joes' sells some good swiss chocolate...

Hamza Asadullah
02-12-2011, 07:12 AM
Chocolate croissants and something about cursors

Tyrion
02-12-2011, 07:43 AM
What are these chocolate croissants you speak of? o.o They sound delicious... So hungry...

Ramadhan
02-12-2011, 07:59 AM
Sorry can't help your cursor problem, but here's have some chocolate croissants...

Tyrion
02-12-2011, 08:02 AM
^Oh my god... Why have I not heard of these before?

*Mouth waters*

Ramadhan
02-12-2011, 08:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion
^Oh my god... Why have I not heard of these before? *Mouth waters*

I assure you they taste as delicious as they look.
The contrast in textures between the crustiness of the bread and the creaminess of the chocolate, and in taste between the savory and the sweetness is really yummy.

*getting my butt off and walks to the nearest bakery*

elina
02-12-2011, 09:53 AM
Asalaamu alaikum, When i was in Egypt recently i used to love those mini croissants with chocolate sauce in the middle, they were amazing. You get like two in a little packet. Pity you dont get then in th Uk either.
hi hamza....have you a Middle Eastern type supermarket near you? theres a few near us and they sell the most delicious croissants sometimes

elina
02-12-2011, 09:57 AM

hi sis....ive had this problem before but dont know what caused it.... i was advised to sit my mouse on a sheet of white paper....it worked fine afterwards :)

جوري
02-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Hmmmm sr. Elina.. that sounds suspicious-- I have no mouse I use my fingers on the laptop.. that is the problem it isn't responding to touch!!!...

and br, Zak this thread is about my bloody cursor problem.. and br. Hamzah yes I told my mom to get me those from Egypt last time but she got me something else from carrefour entirely different

I woke up craving them still.. the craving didn't go away during sleep gahhhh

elina
02-12-2011, 04:59 PM
ah i wondered what you meant when you said 'sweeping your fingers over it...' i thought you were meaning a mouse :embarrass

the couple of times its happened to me on my laptop ive just tapped the touch pad a couple of times...hope you get it sorted soon :)

جوري
02-12-2011, 05:04 PM
well it still has the same problem this morning.. I am currently using the desktop.. the touch-pad doesn't respond unless I use those buttons (left or right inbuilt mouse) gahhh

Cabdullahi
02-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Crescent rolls!

جوري
02-12-2011, 05:25 PM
gaaaaaaahhhhhhh I am talking touchpad probs.

Salahudeen
02-12-2011, 07:40 PM
If it's an Acer you could have completely disabled the touchpad with a fn+F* key combo. Were you pushing the Fn key when you was doing the print screens?

جوري
02-12-2011, 08:13 PM
:sl: yeah was pushing the fn screen plus prnt screen.. It is giving me such a hell of a time.. really dampening my celebratory mood lol

it is good to have you back akhi.. al7mdlillah :)

transition?
02-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Eclairs?

They can be found at bakeries in the US. I'm sure at international stores, tehy have packaged eclairs

Beardo
02-12-2011, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by transition?
Eclairs?
Definitely. I'm still yet to find a chocolate-filled eclair though.

جوري
02-12-2011, 08:52 PM
not eclairs and not store bought chocolate croissants with delicious cappuccino although those are delicious too .. just that you get so many of those succulent ones and the calories aren't as huge as regular baked ones.. in fact I prefer almond croissants from the bakery than chocolate ones.. but none of this offers a solution to my cursor problems..

GuestFellow
02-12-2011, 09:35 PM
I prefer the croissants on its own.

Salahudeen
02-12-2011, 11:48 PM
:sl: yeah was pushing the fn screen plus prnt screen.. It is giving me such a hell of a time.. really dampening my celebratory mood lol

it is good to have you back akhi.. al7mdlillah :)
Thank you :) On some models, there is a keyboard shortcut to activate or deactivate the touchpad. For example, on a ACER laptop it's Fn + F7. I'm guessing maybe you disabled it accidently using a keyboard shortcut. Have you tried going to control panel and looking at the mouse settings to see if there's an option to enable or disable the mouse?

Also what model is your laptop?

جوري
02-13-2011, 12:07 AM
it is a gateway.. you must know by now how often I go through computers.. I don't know why I inadvertently seem to abuse electronics..
I have done as you suggested and went through control panel to look at mouse controls.. there doesn't appear to be anything wrong.. I have re-enabled and saved.. now it acts up and then goes back to normal then again cyclically .. it is really very annoying almost as if it freezes and doesn't respond to touch then it works fine.. not sure why.. I have tried cleaning it as I am in the habit of eating and drinking by my laptop.. but I am not sure.. maybe it is just constant wear and tear.. :hmm:

GuestFellow
02-13-2011, 12:15 AM
You can always make croissants.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Croissants

^ Its easy.

جوري
02-13-2011, 12:16 AM
:lol: bought goods always taste better than anything I make.. believe me I have tried...

GuestFellow
02-13-2011, 12:18 AM
^ It's not that hard...I made it myself once. I was alone for couple of days while my family went to visit their relatives...so I decided to make croissants. I only made 16 though...ate all of them.

جوري
02-13-2011, 12:19 AM
bwahahaha.. thank you for sharing i enjoyed your refreshing honesty.. I'd never admit to eating 16 croissants lol

Cabdullahi
02-13-2011, 12:29 AM
I'd never admit to eating 16 croissants lol
Because you ate 32 crescent rolls all at once

IslamicRevival
02-13-2011, 12:35 AM
I have no mouse I use my fingers on the laptop.. that is the problem it isn't responding to touch!!!...
Touchpad drivers may need updating OR you may have disabled the touch-pad by accident... [Try pressing the button to enable/disable touch-pad functionality]

جوري
02-13-2011, 12:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Because you ate 32 crescent rolls all at once
ahhhh that is cold.. and you can never prove it!!!!!!!!!!

format_quote Originally Posted by Lost Identity
Touchpad drivers may need updating OR you may have disabled the touch-pad by accident... [Try pressing the button to enable/disable touch-pad functionality]

how do I update the drivers?

:w:

IslamicRevival
02-13-2011, 12:55 AM
how do I update the drivers?

:w:
Go to Manufacturers website and download from there or...Google it, summat like this: Enter Your Laptop Brand And Model Number Here Touchpad drivers

Should give you a direct link to download drivers for your laptop [From Official source, IE Manufacturers website] InshAllah

جوري
02-13-2011, 01:15 AM
Ok will do insha'Allah.. Jazaka Allah khyran..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!