/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic burial question

Grofica
02-13-2011, 09:36 AM
I was talking with a friend the other night and we were talking about tattoos and burial... i have tattoos from before i converted and she had mentioned that it would not be possible to be buried in an Islamic graveyard...

is this true?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
elina
02-13-2011, 11:28 AM
i've no idea if thats true but i hope it isnt....i have a lot of tattoos and ive been told by friends that after my death everywhere im tattooed will burn for eternity.... i hope not...its a fair bit of me :(

edit: missed sentence out

Al-Mufarridun
02-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum

It was narrated that ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas said: When Allah put Islam in my heart, I went to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and said: “Give me your right hand so that I may give you my oath of allegiance.” So he held out his hand, but I held my hand back. He said, “What is the matter, O ‘Amr?” I said, “I want to make a condition.” He said, “What is your condition?” I said, “That I be forgiven.” He said, “Do you not know that Islam wipes out whatever came before it, and that hijrah (migration for the sake of Allaa) wipes out whatever came before it, and that Hajj wipes out whatever came before it?” (Narrated by Muslim, 121).

“Except those who repent and believe (in Islamic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds; for those, Allah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful” [al-Furqaan 25:70]

Hannah.
02-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Like the day you reverted to Islam, all your past sins were forgiven insha'Allah. In the same case, if you had a tattoo done before you reverted, it wouldn't make any difference because Allah (swt) knows your intentions and has forgiven you. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
imam bukhari
02-14-2011, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by grofica
i was talking with a friend the other night and we were talking about tattoos and burial... I have tattoos from before i converted and she had mentioned that it would not be possible to be buried in an islamic graveyard...

Is this true?
false!!!

imam bukhari
02-14-2011, 04:16 PM
the only thing with tattoos is, if u got like a huge cross or something, it is advised for this NOT to be shown in public (in the case of a sister, in sister only gatherings where u relax ur hijaab).... if posible, some scholars have said to wipe it out via the ....(forgot the word)... method

Grofica
02-15-2011, 11:44 PM
well my tattoos are not religious but i have a lot and they are large. i have one the height of a dollar bill on my left arm. and then one maybe half that size on my left shoulder. then i have one on my right arm that starts and the elbow and continues up my arm over my shoulder down half my back and then covers the whole back near the bottom. its one giant piece. and it's too much to have removed. but i am worried about the ability to be buried in an Islamic grave yard.

Ramadhan
02-16-2011, 01:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by
well my tattoos are not religious but i have a lot and they are large. i have one the height of a dollar bill on my left arm. and then one maybe half that size on my left shoulder. then i have one on my right arm that starts and the elbow and continues up my arm over my shoulder down half my back and then covers the whole back near the bottom. its one giant piece. and it's too much to have removed. but i am worried about the ability to be buried in an Islamic grave yard.
You need not be worried.
The tattoo is part from your past which has been totally forgiven Insha Allah.

From Islamqa:

When I was kafir I got a tattoo on my shoulder.Alhumdillah I am now Muslim, My husband is fine about it Alhumdillah, however we would like it removed. To have it removed by laser is expensive and I believe it requires burning of the skin and I do not want to rule out for myself being of thoes who will enter Jena without account. Inshallah
I have repented, is there anymore I really need to do?
Jazak Allah Khair.

Praise be to Allaah.
Praise be to Allaah Who has guided you to His Straight Path. I ask Allaah to make you steadfast in following it. As for this tattoo which cannot be removed except through this kind of surgery, you do not have to do this, because it is too difficult and will cause pain and hurt. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning);
“… and [Allaah] has not laid upon you in religion any hardship…” [al-Hajj 22:78]. Your regret and dislike of that, and your determination never to do it again is sufficient. Also, Islam wipes out what came before, so in this case leaving it as it is should not cause you any harm, in sha Allaah. May Allaah help you to do that which He loves and which pleases Him.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

جوري
02-16-2011, 02:45 AM
unfortunately tattoos are still popular with Bedouin women..

I am sure they still get buried in Islamic graveyards .. and they don't know any better about the rulings concerning tattoos, and it is a shame that many Muslims are ignorant of the basics of their religion.. but whose fault is it? ours or theirs? ..

:w:

Tyrion
02-16-2011, 02:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
unfortunately tattoos are still popular with Bedouin women..

I am sure they still get buried in Islamic graveyards .. and they don't know any better about the rulings concerning tattoos, and it is a shame that many Muslims are ignorant of the basics of their religion.. but whose fault is it? ours or theirs? ..

:w:
That tiny one on her lip must have be really painful... :p

Hamza Asadullah
02-16-2011, 02:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
I was talking with a friend the other night and we were talking about tattoos and burial... i have tattoos from before i converted and she had mentioned that it would not be possible to be buried in an Islamic graveyard...

is this true?
Asalaamu Alaikum, There is absolutley no truth in what your friend has said so do not worry sister. Next time when someone tells you such things ask them to give you evidence or ask someone who is knolwedgable in Islam before you believe in it.

Whatever you did before you reverted is totally wiped out so you need not worry about your past. Take lessons from the past and Just concetrate on making the best of the present for tomorrow may never come.

And Allah knows best in all matters

imam bukhari
02-16-2011, 01:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
it was only if ur tattoos were of a shirky nature that could be seen, but this is ok, no need for them to be removed inshaaAllaah...

and yes u can be buried in an islamic graveyard, whoever said otherwise needs to learn their deen...

Grofica
02-23-2011, 03:30 AM
thank you thank you... for all your answers. :-)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!