/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Whats your cellphone? brand? OS?

Abdul-Raouf
02-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Whats your cellphone? brand? OS?

Whats your next phone? why?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
02-14-2011, 04:49 PM

An old phone. Nokia 6225 cdma

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-14-2011, 04:53 PM
My next phone is going to be Nokia. Because it is the most trusted brand in India.

Dagless
02-14-2011, 05:21 PM
HTC and Android. I'm not sure about future phone. Android has been serving me well since 1.5 and it gets better and better. Currently on 2.3. Before Android I liked Symbian.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
titus
02-14-2011, 05:25 PM
Blackberry

Provider is T-Mobile

My plan is up in April and me and the wife probably going to get new phones. No idea yet what, but probably some kind of droid phone.

Beardo
02-14-2011, 05:34 PM
iPhone because apple is cool like that.

Abdul-Raouf
02-14-2011, 05:37 PM
As of now its Nokia...

I have this Nokia 5800 Xpress Music...from March 2010...

My next phone (no plans of buyin one now) would be Samsung with android....or if Nokia comes with android then i will go for nokia.

Ramadhan
02-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Blackberry Gemini, but that's because most of my family, friends, and colleagues are using BB. Otherwise, I'd ditch it for an android in no time.

Cabdullahi
02-14-2011, 05:41 PM
aikon

Abdul-Raouf
02-14-2011, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
aikon

is it abdullahi's nokia...whis is spelled aikon :)

or is it a another brand?????

ardianto
02-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Cellphones that used in my top-up business are

- Samsung SGH C140
- Sonny Ericsson J110i
- Nokia 3310

MartyrX
02-14-2011, 10:52 PM
I have an iPhone, because I used to be a big Apple nerd. I'm not so much anymore, but that's a different story.

SlaveOfGod
02-14-2011, 11:01 PM
An old-ish Samsung, I use my Mum's iPhone though :P

shakylla
02-15-2011, 05:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
Whats your cellphone? brand? OS?

Whats your next phone? why?
Currently, I'm using a Motorola. I don't really know the model, because it originally belonged to my cousin. It looks like a Blackberry from a distance.

My next phone? I'm not sure. I'm not too big on buying the latest mobile phone. As long as I can text message and contact people (and vice versa), it's fine with me. I must say, the iPhone 4 is everywhere though. It's getting quite annoying. :/

Beardo
02-15-2011, 05:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JeffX
I have an iPhone, because I used to be a big Apple nerd. I'm not so much anymore, but that's a different story.
:raging:

I can understand if you like PCs better than Macs but Apple's touch screen stuff is just awesome.

peace_maker
02-15-2011, 11:07 AM
For me it's always NOKIA! ;)

Revert 2010
02-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Mines is an iPhone 4 which I have dropped a million times : )

GuestFellow
02-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Salaam,

LG. I don't care much about mobiles, I would get a headache talking to people.

IslamicRevival
02-15-2011, 08:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
HTC and Android
Ditto :) Android is probably the best Mobile OS around

Abdul-Raouf
02-16-2011, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lost Identity
Ditto :) Android is probably the best Mobile OS around
Yep as of now.... and I am eager to get an Android+Samsung.

The latest news is that Nokia
(whose market share is dropping..cos its old Symbian OS) and Microsoft (whose windows mobile OS is loosing popularity to android) are joining hands to make a Nokia Windows phone

lets hope they compete well with android..in the future.

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Recently Symbian announced that it is going to be completely opensource. and now Microsoft is joining hands with Symbian. strange isn't it. :ermm:

S_87
02-16-2011, 07:34 PM
blackberry and would prob get another blackberry..but no plans to buy a phone now.

Hannah.
02-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Nokia E71 - got it for free :D So I'm happy with that.

Rabi'ya
02-16-2011, 08:45 PM
:sl:

I have a HTC Hero running Android. I love my phone. alhamdulillah just right for me. Im surprised there are not more people using BB according to the poll. And am surprised also that so many people are using Nokia. I get to upgrade in 3 months......trying to decide. any advice? NO NOKIA for me tho please :)

Reflections
02-16-2011, 09:33 PM
A Nokia E65 (main phone), a Blackberry Bold and an iPhone4.

sabr*
02-16-2011, 09:54 PM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Why does the Android OS (Google) not allow users to access apps without creating a gmail account? Is a users personal information that important?

A prompt thoughtful (Facts only Please) reply would be nice.

Dagless
02-16-2011, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabr*

Why does the Android OS (Google) not allow users to access apps without creating a gmail account? Is a users personal information that important?

A prompt thoughtful (Facts only Please) reply would be nice.
You can download apps outside Google Market and install them manually (without a google account).
If you're that opposed but want access to Google Market you could just register some random email address to use. I assume the reason is that if you remove a paid app then at least you'll be able to download it free next time because it's linked to your account.

Insecured soul
02-16-2011, 10:24 PM
iphone, coz its so easy to use

sabr*
02-16-2011, 10:31 PM

Dagless:

Thank you for your reply.

Does the Android (Google) even allow you to enter contact info without an gmail account?

http://www.androidsocialmedia.com/pr...he-new-outlook

Jazakumullahu Khair

Dagless
02-16-2011, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabr*

Dagless:

Thank you for your reply.

Does the Android (Google) even allow you to enter contact info without an gmail account?

http://www.androidsocialmedia.com/pr...he-new-outlook

Jazakumullahu Khair
edit: The Gmail account is only for Google services like gmail, market, etc afaik. You can still store contacts normally (on the phone or sim).

Abdul-Raouf
02-17-2011, 02:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Abi
A Nokia E65 (main phone), a Blackberry Bold and an iPhone4.
Few have more than one mobile for personal use..But very few have more than two..do u use all three regularly.

Seems you are very interested in cellphones.

Ghuraba_103
02-24-2011, 04:05 PM
Finally got an iPhone, its only a 3GS though. But plan on keeping it for a long time, lol. :)

Reflections
02-24-2011, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
Few have more than one mobile for personal use..But very few have more than two..do u use all three regularly.

Seems you are very interested in cellphones.
I'll make that two phones now, just got rid of the Nokia one. Interested in phones maybe..or have a few phones because family run a business in phones..

yahia12
02-24-2011, 08:28 PM
:thumbs_up
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghuraba_103
Finally got an iPhone, its only a 3GS though. But plan on keeping it for a long time, lol. :)

well done bro! welcome to the apple club, ihve got an iphone 4 its amazing ..:)

'Abd Al-Maajid
01-28-2012, 05:04 PM
Currently I am using Nokia, Symbian. My next phone will be Blackberry in sha' allah.

Haya emaan
01-28-2012, 05:10 PM
i like simple mobiles.. was never interested in those complicated stuffs and have always stuck to nokia, still have two but this time needed some change so have chosen Samsung.
now the one i have bought has something called "android" *still searching what it is*:X its toooo complicated..
chose it just because it looked "handsome":hiding:

'Abd Al-Maajid
01-28-2012, 05:15 PM
^ come on, smartphones are not that complicated, are they? :p

Haya emaan
01-28-2012, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid
^ come on, smartphones are not that complicated, are they? :p
yes they are for you, if you have been great fan of nokia 1202 and fallen in love with nokia1280 and dont know any thing about the phone in your hand now...!!!:hmm:

may be i will have to do much to learn more and more about the one i have now..Samsung galaxy Gio ( thats what i have been doing since i have bought it.. an INSHAALLAH i will soon:))

Riana17
01-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Asalam Alaikkum
Part of living a simple life, I must say I have most of simple things, I have Nokia C1 for almost a year now since I lost 3phones, latest was they blackberry bold (i was upset 1full day because my business records was there)

Funny thing I wanted to forget my C1 and it wont lost haha lol, so its meant for me, alhamdollelah

C1 is just too basic so I got lenco MP4 for my Quran videos and audio and they wont play all :( inshallah husband can fix it

Salahudeen
01-28-2012, 07:31 PM
I want an iPhone 4 :hmm:

Riana17
01-30-2012, 06:47 PM
Lol contrary to my 1st post, i got new phone today a Samsung Galaxy from hubby

Inshallah I will not lose it this time :exhausted

إحسان
01-30-2012, 11:06 PM
I've had a white iPhone since November '11 (:

I'm thankful that I chose the iPhone over a Blackberry (my previous mobile was Nokia) - everyone I know who has a Blackberry is always on it. They're like total addicts. Always on it in class, hiding it under the table even though it's pathetically obvious!

UmmuShaheed
02-04-2012, 07:00 AM
My Touch 4g
Next phone would be a Mytouch 4g slide Inshallah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!