/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Question regarding Jannah (Paradise)

Flame of Hope
02-15-2011, 03:53 AM
Assalaamu alaykum! If one could go to a store and purchase 2 items besides the Qur'an and Sunnah that would help you to reach Jannah, what would you pick? :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Flame of Hope
02-15-2011, 03:55 AM
What according to you would be the most beautiful thing in all of creation?

Flame of Hope
02-15-2011, 04:01 AM
According to you, which gift saves man from the Fire of Hell?

Your answers would be most appreciated. Jazakumallahu khair.

Insecured soul
02-15-2011, 04:24 AM
Allah's Mercy

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insecured soul
02-15-2011, 04:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame
What according to you would be the most beautiful thing in all of creation?
everything is beautiful, the whole creation is beautiful

Faatin
02-15-2011, 04:26 AM
Walaikum As Salaam. Modest clothing like an Aabaya, and ....... some dates?! =) and Flame welcome to the boards, I'm relatively new myself and found this fourm to be very friendly as well as beneficial! Enjoy your stay =) S

SlaveOfGod
02-15-2011, 04:32 AM
Just staring at the sky, Masahallah it's amazing!

Flame of Hope
02-15-2011, 08:12 AM
Perhaps we'll just stick to just one question for today:
If one could go to a store and purchase 2 items besides the Qur'an and Sunnah that would help you to reach Jannah, what would you pick?

P.S. By the word "items", you can pick things like qualities and attributes that would help you on your journey towards Jannah. Here are a few examples: Wisdom, Patience, Love, Prudence........well, you get the idea?

Ramadhan
02-15-2011, 09:09 AM
Well, Allah repeatedly say in the Qur'an: "make sabr (patience) and shalah as your helper"

So, I will pick patience aside from Qur'an and Sunnah.

But actually, when we implement Qur'an and sunnah in our lives, that would make us already complete (with patience).
So if we can live our lives according to Qur'an and sunnah and hold on to the rope of Allah, we do not need anything else.

Al-Mufarridun
02-15-2011, 09:17 AM
Assalaamu alaykum! If one could go to a store and purchase 2 items besides the Qur'an and Sunnah that would help you to reach Jannah, what would you pick? :)
nothing!

if i already have Qur'an and Sunnah, that will suffice!

Flame of Hope
02-15-2011, 02:56 PM
nothing!

if i already have Qur'an and Sunnah, that will suffice!
I'm afraid the Qur'an and Sunnah will not suffice if we do not have certain qualities within us. Absence of those qualities would actually cause our ruin and lead us straight to Hell.

Flame of Hope
02-15-2011, 03:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
But actually, when we implement Qur'an and sunnah in our lives, that would make us already complete (with patience).
So if we can live our lives according to Qur'an and sunnah and hold on to the rope of Allah, we do not need anything else.
The question is what are two things we would need that would help us implement the Qur'an and Sunnah. You picked Patience. Could you pick out one more? Jazakallah khairan.

Al-Mufarridun
02-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum

in that case, Hikmah(wisdom) and Sabr(patience).

Ramadhan
02-15-2011, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by
The question is what are two things we would need that would help us implement the Qur'an and Sunnah. You picked Patience. Could you pick out one more? Jazakallah khairan.

Eeman.

without it, you cannot implement Qur'an and sunnah.

Flame of Hope
02-15-2011, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar

Eeman.

without it, you cannot implement Qur'an and sunnah.
You're so right! In that case, what quality helps us to acquire eeman? That would be the quality that you would pick from the store. Well, actually, two qualities. If you have these two qualities, then all the treasures of goodness ie Jannah would be in your hands, including Patience, Wisdom, Faith (Eeman).

Hamza Asadullah
02-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Asalaamu alaikum, The answer to your question is in Surah Al Asr. Firstly one has to believe so iman is the pre-requisite before anything else. Then Allah tells us the two qualities that we need to succeed and all those who do not have these qualities is at a great loss. They are:

1. Uphold the truth. To do righteous deeds and to enjoin what is good and to refrain from that which is evil and forbid evil.

2. To be patient. Through trials, hardships, adversity and to rely upon Allah accepting his decree in all matters and striving to be closer to him no matter what we are going tgrough in life and knowing that at the end of it all if we remain patient then we will gain eternity of bliss and will be victorius.

It is said that if this was the only Surah in the Quran then it will suffice mankind in order to be able to gain closeness to Allah and eternal success.

And Allah knowd best in all matters

Flame of Hope
02-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Walaykum salam, respected brother. Jazakallahu khair for your answer. Alhamdulillah. So I perceive the two things you would take would be 1. Truth and 2. Patience. Right?

Al Shifa
02-16-2011, 05:52 AM
what quality helps us to acquire eeman? including Patience, Wisdom, Faith (Eeman).
Eeman has the supermacy. If you have perfect Eeman, you will be in Jannah insha Allah. And what is meant by Eeman? Eeman is the Love of Allah & His beloved Messenger (may Allah exalt his mention).

The Prophet, may peace & blessings of Allah be upon him, said, "None of you have iman until I am more beloved to him than his children, his parents and mankind altogether." In another version there is, "...than his family, his property and mankind altogether."

[Sahih Bukhari & Sahih Muslim]

So you better know where you stand,,,,Allah bless you.

Tyrion
02-16-2011, 06:51 AM
If one could go to a store and purchase 2 items besides the Qur'an and Sunnah that would help you to reach Jannah, what would you pick?
I would purchase two free passes to Paradise. Obviously. :D

Flame of Hope
02-16-2011, 08:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion
I would purchase two free passes to Paradise. Obviously.
LOL. I think I would too if they were available. :D

Flame of Hope
02-16-2011, 08:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Shifa
Eeman has the supermacy.
I totally agree brother. But the question is what qualities would help us acquire this eeman. Love of Allah and His Messenger is certainly the highest of eeman, I think. But what I'm interested in is what will help us get to that level. I think it's pretty clear that eeman has to do with one's actions, so that actions reflect the faith that is in one's heart. Not acting upon knowledge is a sign of weak eeman.

Ummu Sufyaan
02-17-2011, 09:02 AM
According to you, which gift saves man from the Fire of Hell?
tawheed...which is approved by the Quran and sunnah anyway.

abjad
02-17-2011, 09:39 AM

I will pick

.,.,."Thanks"
>>>to Allah.
ALLAH (jala wa Allah) has repeatedly told us .,Faithshakartani sa AZIDANAKUM

Flame of Hope
02-17-2011, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wiino
I will pick

.,.,."Thanks">>>to Allah.
ALLAH (jala wa Allah) has repeatedly told us .,Faithshakartani sa AZIDANAKUM
I like your first pick brother. :) What about the second one?

abjad
02-17-2011, 09:13 PM
I like your first pick brother. :) What about the second one?

(31:12) the first
and the second
(31:17) Son, establish Prayer, enjoin all that is good and forbid all that is evil, and endure with patience whatever affliction befalls you. Surely these have been emphatically enjoined.

this is the second:
patience.

let us now go back to 'shukr' shall we say if any just say AlhamduLiLaah.....of course yes Alahmd Lilaah but I think(and the best knowledge is with Allah)
that.....You give as a charity {to that extra you have} according to the teachings Wa bilwadien ihsaana, wa bi dhi kurba wa l yatama wa etc....
that is really Thanking Allah by deeds, and there then ...comes that first choice ....Faidha shakartani sa azidanakum.
how many do stereotype say AlhamduLillah but ............?

Ilm yakiin indu Llah wa alayhi Tawakalna wa ilayhi anabna wa ilayhi masiiir.

Flame of Hope
02-17-2011, 09:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wiino
this is the second:
patience
So, your two choices are: 1. Gratitude and 2. Patience.

Alhamdulillahir Rabbil al Ameen!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!