/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hazrat Muhammad[S.A.W]`s birth:

Musalman
02-15-2011, 08:54 AM
How do you people celebrate 12 Rabi-ul-awwal?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd Al-Maajid
02-15-2011, 08:59 AM
We dont celebrate it. :)

Musalman
02-15-2011, 09:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
We dont celebrate it. :)
Well I meant that some people do the fatiha etc. That`s exactly not celabrating . I was asking that what do you do other than normal days?

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-15-2011, 09:19 AM
12 Rabi-ul-awwal is just an other normal day for many...though people here celebrate Prophet's 'birthday' by playing naats and qawwali, rallying, et cetera...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Innocent Soul
02-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Maybe these articles will answer your question.

http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/249/
http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/70317/

Endymion
02-15-2011, 12:56 PM
Its a Bid'ah actually.Also,the most sad part is that majority of people dont know that 12th Rabi-ul-Awwal is actually the death day of our beloved Prophet Muhammad SAW.His birth day,According to Ulema is 8 or may be 9 (Not confirmed) but the death day is for sure 12th Rabi-ul-Awwal.So one must know what actually they are celebrating.

tigerkhan
02-15-2011, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Its a Bid'ah actually.Also,the most sad part is that majority of people dont know that 12th Rabi-ul-Awwal is actually the death day of our beloved Prophet Muhammad SAW.His birth day,According to Ulema is 8 or may be 9 (Not confirmed) but the death day is for sure 12th Rabi-ul-Awwal.So one must know what actually they are celebrating.
if i add to this, according to the big scholar of Brelivis, Ahmed Raza KHan, the date of birth of Prophet PBUH is 9th of Rabiulwal and that is written in his some book (i forgot the name)....however all ummah is agreed that that of death is 12 of rabiiualwal.....so celebrate for what........................???????

~Raindrop~
02-15-2011, 02:12 PM
It's really sad, the way people to refuse to listen to reason. There's a huge masjid near here where they've put up loadsa lights and had a shouty march already. To top it off, our kids asked if they could go 'for the free party food' which is downright insulting. Anyone would think we didn't feed them :exhausted

Samiun
02-15-2011, 03:28 PM
:sl:, ever since I read and heard that there's not suppose to be any celebration during his birth date I sorta stop doing it. To begin with, I don't think I have participated such events during prophet Muhammad S.A.W.'s birth date since I was still a child. As to how my country celebrate it, they host tv shows about Islam, lectures on tv about the prophet Muhammad S.A.W. and marching in every state as an appreciation towards prophet Muhammad S.A.W. for his effort in bringing people to the true religion(Islam). As these things unfold themselves, I could only keep quiet and remain silent because lots of Muslims without a doubt will try to correct my foolish 'statement'.

Salahudeen
02-15-2011, 03:34 PM
Who told us to celebrate it? The best generations of Islam did not celebrate it and I think we're meant to be following their example.

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-15-2011, 03:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
To top it off, our kids asked if they could go 'for the free party food' which is downright insulting. Anyone would think we didn't feed them
HAHA...:lol: I know this wasn't meant to be a joke...sorry, I couldn't help myself...;D

Muslim Woman
02-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Salaam

I offered special salat , recited Quran and InshaAllah will do my missed fasting tomorrow.

Muslim Women Celebrating the Prophet’s Birthday

Question
Could you please tell me how Muslim women especially those living in majority non-Muslim countries can celebrate the Prophet’s birthday? Are there things to avoid?

Date
05/Apr/2006

Name of Mufti
Zeinab Al-`Alawani

Answer

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear questioner, thanks very much for your question, and we implore Allah to guide us all to the best both in this world and in the Hereafter.

Muslim men and women should epitomize the example of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) in their daily lives. Muslim women can celebrate the Prophet’s birthday by increasing dhikr and offering salutations upon the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), gathering Muslim ladies and educating them about the manners of the Prophet as well as by studying the Prophet’s seerah.

Responding to the question, Zainab Al-`Alwani, Instructor of fiqh and Islamic studies, Graduate School of Islamic and Social Sciences, Leesburg, Virginia, states the following:

First of all, you should know that celebrating the Prophet’s birthday is neither a Sunnah nor an obligation. However, people have got used to expressing their love for the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) in a moderate way on his birthday. If your intention is as such, then I may suggest some activities to do on that day.

Things to Do

1. Increase your dhikr and salutations for the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) on that day.

2. Gather Muslim ladies and educate them about the best manners of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), how he was a role model for the whole mankind, how he treated women, etc.

3. Study the seerah of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) with your family and choose certain incidents that relate to the present time.

4. Increase reading Qur’an and du`aa’ on that day.

While doing all these activities, you should never think they are Sunnah, but always entertain the feeling that you are remembering the greatest legacy the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) left behind and you are showing your love for him.

Things to Avoid

1. Any kind of innovation or exaggerating in expressing the love of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him).

2. Any song that would describe the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) with some shirk concepts.

3. Any violations to his Sunnah or teachings.

Related Questions

- Celebrating the Prophet's Birthday

- Fasting on the Prophet’s Birthday

Allah Almighty knows best.

Read more: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Sate ... z1E1kOC0bq

Muslim Woman
02-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Salaam

Shadi -

Question Salams. Some people incline to forbid celebrating the Prophet's birthday on the basis that it had not been celebrated during the golden centuries of Islam. What do you think?

Answer Wa `alaykum As-Salamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

It is true that we have been recommended by the Prophet, peace be upon him, to follow his example and that of his great companions. In an authentic hadith, the Prophet, peace be upon him, instructed us: “follow my way of life and that of my rightly-guided, righteous companions – holdfast to it.” The first generation of Islam showed the maximum level of love and dedication for the Prophet, peace be upon him.

Therefore, we ought to follow their example by not celebrating the Prophet’s birthday in the innovated present-day form.

However, making the month of Rabi’ul-awal a theme for reviving the sunnah of the Prophet, peace be upon him, motivating the people to follow his sunnah, and to teach the community about the Prophet’s life and his great sunnah, can never be considered wrong. It is even recommended provided no innovations are attached to it.

Allah Almighty knows best.

Read more: http://fatwa.islamonline.net/livefat...#ixzz1D3urYONE

tigerkhan
02-17-2011, 10:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
making the month of Rabi’ul-awal a theme for reviving the sunnah of the Prophet, peace be upon him, motivating the people to follow his sunnah, and to teach the community about the Prophet’s life and his great sunnah, can never be considered wrong
Y only this month...Y not all of our life............???
alhumdulliah i have intention for all of my life to spread and practice sunnah of prophet PBUH.

Muslim Woman
02-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
Y only this month...Y not all of our life............???
alhumdulliah i have intention for all of my life to spread and practice sunnah of prophet PBUH.
that's really great . But sadly there are some weak faith Muslims like me who can't offer special salat like Tahajjud , fasting through out the whole year . Many Muslims sadly
dont' offer 5 times prayers. So , Rabiul Awal months gives us a reminder to follow the teaching of the last Prophet .

I failed to understand what could be wrong if we offer more daurd , dua , salat on this day and invite others to read and discuss the life of the Prophet pbuh. Holy Quran does not say anything against it .

And Allah knows Best.

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-17-2011, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam

that's really great . But sadly there are some weak faith Muslims like me who can't offer special salat like Tahajjud , fasting through out the whole year . Many Muslims sadly
dont' offer 5 times prayers. So , Rabiul Awal months gives us a reminder to follow the teaching of the last Prophet .

I failed to understand what could be wrong if we offer more daurd , dua , salat on this day and invite others to read and discuss the life of the Prophet pbuh. Holy Quran does not say anything against it .

And Allah knows Best.
We need an experienced Shaykh to explain this...:ermm: believe me.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!