/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prayer times and timetables

Ummu Sufyaan
02-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Assalamu alaykum
i have been having this issue with the prayer time tables here im not sure if its the timetable that is wrong, or that im calculating the times right, going by the sun (ie by looking at the shadow etc).

for example there was this one incident where the timetable said that ishaa prayer was at 10.00pm but i looked at the horizon and it indicated that ishaa was about 9.30pm. that could be right, but it also seems odd that there is that much of a gap. maybe i got the timing of ishaa wrong because where we live, the sunsets behind trees so its not in full sight and thus maybe the light of twilight is hiding behind the tres giving the impression that ishaa is at an earlier time?

i have looked online for other timetables, but im not sure which is accurate. this is really confusing (and annoying). im really lost.

any advise on this.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
StudentIII
02-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Walaikumsalaam,

Do you live on or near a hill?

Ummu Sufyaan
02-17-2011, 07:36 AM
whats that have to do with anything?

StudentIII
02-18-2011, 03:31 AM
If you live on the side of the hill opposite to where the sun sets then it would seem darker sooner then perhaps it actually is. I live in a hilly area and have noticed this. But a 30 minute difference is quite a lot. Was just throwing out an idea.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!