/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "Fear Allah: Gay Free Zones in London"

Pygoscelis
02-16-2011, 07:56 PM
http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2011/02...free-zone.html

I came across this at another board and wanted to see the muslim take on it.

Purportedly a muslim group in London has taken to putting up signs that read "Fear Allah" and designate areas as "gay free zones". It is really quite peculiar. Some of the local LGBT community believes the muslim group has been framed in this and that it is actually an anti-muslim group that put these up.

Click the Link above. Thoughts?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pygoscelis
02-17-2011, 04:40 PM
I actually wouldn't put it passed the English Defence League to do something like this.

Dagless
02-17-2011, 04:57 PM
I really doubt it's any Muslim group. There are some outragous things said by some Muslim groups but they always say them openly, they have no need to hide who they are.
The fliers also have not quoted relevant passages. It's like someone just flicked through the Quran to quote for effect.

glo
02-17-2011, 06:06 PM
I came across this:
Police were examining CCTV and forensic evidence today as they hunted the culprits behind hate posters warning the East End is a "gay free zone".

Muslims in Tower Hamlets led condemnation of the posters, which stated "Allah is severe in punishment" and depicted a rainbow flag with a cross through it. It is unclear whether they were pasted up by militant Muslims or Right-wing extremists seeking to smear the local Islamic community. Gay Muslims blamed the posters on a "minority of homophobes blinded by hate".
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...one-posters.do

Hopefully they will find out who is really behind this.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CosmicPathos
02-17-2011, 06:26 PM
Love the effort, regardless.

glo
02-17-2011, 06:34 PM
To be honest, if it was done by Muslims I would expect it to contain some Arabic (such as the name of Allah) and a more 'Islamic style' about it.

It doesn't look 'Islamic' to me at all ...

aamirsaab
02-17-2011, 06:40 PM
haters gonna hate?imageSizeMedium&ampgeneratorNamestormtrooper -

aadil77
02-17-2011, 08:40 PM
don't know if it was muslims, but it wouldn't make sense to do it either

a homosexual act is not the only sin in islam, adultery, drinking, gambling, drugs are all sins, I suppose they would want a zone free of them too, if it was muslims

GuestFellow
02-17-2011, 10:50 PM
Pretty dumb in my opinion.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!