PDA

View Full Version : Dolls



PouringRain
02-17-2011, 06:23 AM
I always see threads about the awful advertisements on the forum, but tonight I saw a wonderful ad! It has the most adorable doll for sale:



Isn't she so cute?!?!

And they have little dolly prayer rugs also.



That is just so adorable!


Does anyone here have little ones who play with dolls? Or maybe you still do? :D Does anyone have those tiny little prayer mats?

I confess, I have a doll collection. I like dolls. :statisfie
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
02-17-2011, 06:40 AM
Dolls ?, no, I haven't.

>

>

>

>

I am a male. :D
Reply

shakylla
02-17-2011, 11:27 AM
To me, all dolls are scary, especially porcelain ones. I remember someone bought one for me as a birthday present when I was little. Creeped me out. o.o

I threw it away already.
Reply

nature
02-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by PouringRain
Isn't she so cute?!?!
Very. seen these ?

http://www.desidollcompany.com/muslim-dolls/

they speak different languages, ideal for teaching children. & theres boy ones available also. these are way better than the dolls i had as a child.

Originally Posted by ardianto
I am a male.
you can get boys dolls also. :D
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
smile
02-17-2011, 01:49 PM
honestly
no
not soooo cute at all
Reply

Beardo
02-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by nature
you can get boys dolls also.
No son of mine is gonna play with any doll.
Reply

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by Rashad


No son of mine is gonna play with any doll.
you know how boring is that, because you have tried?
Reply

PouringRain
02-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by nature

they speak different languages, ideal for teaching children. & theres boy ones available also. these are way better than the dolls i had as a child.
They say a lot of things! Thanks for the link. :)
Reply

PouringRain
02-17-2011, 02:20 PM
I see nothing wrong with boys playing with dolls. When I see a boy with a doll I always think, "Awwwww, he is going to make a good daddy one day." :statisfie
Reply

nature
02-17-2011, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by Rashad
No son of mine is gonna play with any doll.


:D wat about action man ? or power rangers ? nuffing wrong with a boy having a doll, and the "yousaf " doll looks pretty sweet + they get to learn arabic-even better. Im sure every guy must have had a male action figure or even a barbie, ;D there just embarassed to admit it.
Reply

~Raindrop~
02-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by
Im sure every guy must have had a male action figure or even a barbie,
Nope... certainly not round here. They preferred duffing each other up to 'get tough so no one will dare touch us'. Especially after playing wrestling games on the PS. 'You do a move on me and I'll do a move on you'.... until they got banned.

Speaking of dolls, I wouldn't ever want one in my house.
Reply

Ramadhan
02-17-2011, 03:54 PM


My little niece who is 3 yo also has her own tiny really cute prayer mat, all pink and purple. and also her "mukena" (women prayer attire). like these:



Reply

Cabdullahi
02-17-2011, 05:08 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Reply

Dagless
02-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by PouringRain
I see nothing wrong with boys playing with dolls. When I see a boy with a doll I always think, "Awwwww, he is going to make a good daddy one day." :statisfie
And he probably will..... in a same-sex couple :D
Reply

Hannah.
02-17-2011, 05:43 PM
I hate dolls too.. can't stand being alone in the same room with one of them. All because of Chucky and Dead Silence.
Note: if you love dolls, don't watch the movies I've just stated above. :)
Reply

Endymion
02-17-2011, 06:13 PM
This thread is shooooooo cute :statisfie

I remember the time when my siblings play with their toys.My sister had Barbies and my bro's had male dolls and they presented them as super heroes.Those heroes rescue people like Super man and Spider Man.They had some special qualities (according to my bro's).But my sis was really sick of them becoz they always irritate her by occupying her doll house so she decided to marry her dolls with their Super Heroes.My brother accepted the Proposal and both their dolls got married :D
And this marriage starts the silent revenge :Evil:
My sister,then,slowly and gradually involve the Super Heroes in Girlish stuff.She asked them to take their wives to the "Beauty Saloons" and Shopping and after some time she asked them to pick the kids from the School :giggling:
This situation made my brother offended one day and they declare that a Super hero should never ever got married other wise he will become nothing else but a "Baby sitter" :giggling:

I think playing with dolls is a cute activity and much more safe and innocent than playing computer games :statisfie
Reply

Reflections
02-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Dolls can be both cute and scary..stare at them too much and they do tend to look a little evil...I was never allowed to keep dolls or toys or clothes or anything for that matter which had eyes on it, was strictly forbidden in my household, apart from books. But times changed, and lets say quite a few years down the line...I got a present..a 'Fulla Doll'...An Arab version of Barbie..kinda-ish...She wears an abayah and hijaab..but it's cute mashaAllah..
Reply

PouringRain
02-18-2011, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by naidamar

My little niece who is 3 yo also has her own tiny really cute prayer mat, all pink and purple. and also her "mukena" (women prayer attire). like these:
That is so sweet. I have never seen any like those. I bet it helps encourage young girls to pray. :)
Reply

PouringRain
02-18-2011, 12:59 AM
Originally Posted by Dagless
And he probably will..... in a same-sex couple :D
Are you saying that homosexual males make good fathers? :statisfie
Reply

SlaveOfGod
02-18-2011, 04:30 AM
wow I used to play with 'toys' with my brother when I was younger until I hit 9, we made it into an family fighting thing by mixing up spiderman, frogs, cars and dinosaurs acting like they were in an evil-fighting family! Good times... But I stopped that and will probably never speak of it again lol
Reply

ardianto
02-18-2011, 04:51 AM
Originally Posted by Believe.x
I hate dolls too.. can't stand being alone in the same room with one of them. All because of Chucky and Dead Silence.
Note: if you love dolls, don't watch the movies I've just stated above. :)
I have watched Child's Play, Child's Play 2, Child's Play 3, and Bride of Chucky.
Reply

Aprender
02-18-2011, 05:53 AM
Originally Posted by ardianto
I have watched Child's Play, Child's Play 2, Child's Play 3, and Bride of Chucky.
Ah. I saw those movies as a child. Oddly they didn't scare me because I thought they were toys. I didn't realize they were murderous toys until I got a little older but I am afraid of dolls of now. I especially don't like clowns.
Reply

Beardo
02-18-2011, 06:29 AM
Originally Posted by Dagless
And he probably will..... in a same-sex couple :D
loool! Seriously, I know right? xD That's the implication.
Reply

nature
02-18-2011, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by Aisha
They preferred duffing each other up to 'get tough so no one will dare touch us'.
LOL! this is more a girl thing in our community now.

Originally Posted by naidamar
My little niece who is 3 yo also has her own tiny really cute prayer mat, all pink and purple. and also her "mukena" (women prayer attire). like these:
these are cute! i want one. Ive never seen these over in UK ?

Originally Posted by Endymion
I remember the time when my siblings play with their toys.My sister had Barbies and my bro's had male dolls and they presented them as super heroes.Those heroes rescue people like Super man and Spider Man.They had some special qualities (according to my bro's).But my sis was really sick of them becoz they always irritate her by occupying her doll house so she decided to marry her dolls with their Super Heroes.My brother accepted the Proposal and both their dolls got married And this marriage starts the silent revenge My sister,then,slowly and gradually involve the Super Heroes in Girlish stuff.She asked them to take their wives to the "Beauty Saloons" and Shopping and after some time she asked them to pick the kids from the School This situation made my brother offended one day and they declare that a Super hero should never ever got married other wise he will become nothing else but a "Baby sitter" I think playing with dolls is a cute activity and much more safe and innocent than playing computer games
you lot had active imaginations.! :D funniest childhood story ive ever heard.!

Originally Posted by Dagless
And he probably will..... in a same-sex couple
oh plz, your more intelligent than that! boys playing with dolls will not make them gay. If its a learning tool such as learning languages etc, then i dont see anything wrong with it.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!