/* */

PDA

View Full Version : passive smoking break fast

anonymous
02-17-2011, 11:44 AM
I walked past someone who was smoking and may have inhaled some smoke -
I was fasting - does this break you fast -

I knew she was smoking when i walked past her but i didnt intend to inhale any smoke???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
02-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Not different than you walk near a smoked car and inhale its smoke unintentionally. It doesn't break your fast.

جوري
02-20-2011, 04:29 AM
This reminds me of a story I read when I was a child..
There was a poor man and all he had was bread, so he went by this kebab store and ate his bread while inhaling the aroma of the meat.. so the store owner got angry and asked him for money for feeding while inhaling the meat.. but the poor man had nothing to give him and the store owner grabbed him by the shirt and went to the judge to rule in this case.. and then judge then said he ate his bread while inhaling your food and for that indeed you deserve payment.. then he took some derhams (money out) and dropped it on the table.. and said now you heard the sound of money and the inhalation of your food is therefore paid in full!

ardianto
02-20-2011, 04:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
This reminds me of a story I read when I was a child..
There was a poor man and all he had was bread, so he went by this kebab store and ate his bread while inhaling the aroma of the meat.. so the store owner got angry and asked him for money for feeding while inhaling the meat.. but the poor man had nothing to give him and the store owner grabbed him by the shirt and went to the judge to rule in this case.. and then judge then said he ate his bread while inhaling your food and for that indeed you deserve payment.. then he took some derhams (money out) and dropped it on the table.. and said now you heard the sound of money and the inhalation of your food is therefore paid in full!
I have heard this story several times since I was kid and I still like it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
02-22-2011, 01:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
I walked past someone who was smoking and may have inhaled some smoke -
I was fasting - does this break you fast -

I knew she was smoking when i walked past her but i didnt intend to inhale any smoke???
Asalaamu Alaikum, According to Maulana Emraan Vawda:

Second hand smoking like the smoke if incense sticks, does break ones fast, however its intake is subjected to TWO conditions:

In case of unintentional intake of such smoke, may it be from incense, diesel, or smoking the fast will be valid. and not only valid but without Karahiat ( no Makrooh ) . However if one stands in a smoking area or goes close to someone smoking with the intention that one will inhale smoke, then his fast is broken and it will not be an accidental nullification rather willfull one. Full Kafara will be required.

And Allah knows best in all matters

ardianto
02-22-2011, 01:56 AM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum, According to Maulana Emraan Vawda:

Second hand smoking like the smoke if incense sticks, does break ones fast, however its intake is subjected to TWO conditions:

In case of unintentional intake of such smoke, may it be from incense, diesel, or smoking the fast will be valid. and not only valid but without Karahiat ( no Makrooh ) . However if one stands in a smoking area or goes close to someone smoking with the intention that one will inhale smoke, then his fast is broken and it will not be an accidental nullification rather willfull one. Full Kafara will be required.

Of course, in the case like this, what he does is same as smoking.

anonymous
02-24-2011, 12:35 PM
salaam

Thankyou all for your replies -

responce to brother hamzas reply -

I knew this person was smoking but my intention was never to inhale the smoke - what doesn this mean for me even if i saw her smoking would my fast still be valid

2) what if there are people who are ignorant of the ruling - and dont know that passive smoking acn break fast - what does this mean for them

Hamza Asadullah
02-24-2011, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
salaam

Thankyou all for your replies -

responce to brother hamzas reply -

I knew this person was smoking but my intention was never to inhale the smoke - what doesn this mean for me even if i saw her smoking would my fast still be valid

2) what if there are people who are ignorant of the ruling - and dont know that passive smoking acn break fast - what does this mean for them
Asalaamu ALaikum, your intention was not to inhale the smoke even though you knew she was smoking. If other people intentionally breathe in the smoke then their fast will break regardless of whether or not they knew or not.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!