/* */

PDA

View Full Version : does this break fast

anonymous
02-18-2011, 10:52 AM
salaam

you know when your talking and something you saliva/spit goes onto the side of your lips - and then you lick this - does this break fast - what if its touching your skin just outside the lips and you lick it

i didnt think it would so i just licked them - have i borken my fast

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
02-18-2011, 07:06 PM
its your saliva...lick it up!!!

Hamza Asadullah
02-22-2011, 01:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
salaam

you know when your talking and something you saliva/spit goes onto the side of your lips - and then you lick this - does this break fast - what if its touching your skin just outside the lips and you lick it

i didnt think it would so i just licked them - have i borken my fast
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

Swallowing saliva and sputum while fasting does not affect the validity of fasting or prayer even if the person does that deliberately. This is the most preponderant opinion of scholars as it is very difficult for the person to rid of it and ordering him to do so causes much hardship for him. Allah Says (interpretation of meaning): {… Allâh intends for you ease, and He does not want to make things difficult for you. …} [2: 185]. Allah also Says (interpretation of meaning): {… and has not laid upon you in religion any hardship, …} [22: 78].

On the other hand, swallowing it undeliberately is lawful and does not have any effect on the validity of Sawm (fasting). There is consensus of scholars over this issue. However, it is not desirable to accumulate saliva to drink.

Source: http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=85147

Allah knows best in all matters.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!