/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim response to: Dispatches- Lessons in hate and violence

Reflections
02-18-2011, 02:44 PM
AsSalaamu Aalaykum WarahmatAllah

I found this video, with a response to the previously broadcasted documentary by Dispatches 'Lessons in hate and violence'.

youtube.com/watch?v=tHV3iitaY5g&feature=feedbul

Also, darululoom.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/08-02-11-reply-to-hard-cash.pdf and darululoom.org.uk/

(Sorry can't post full links)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
02-18-2011, 03:00 PM
:sl:

Is this the one that was shown recently. I think my dad was asking me about it. He asked me (btw hes not muslim) "do kids really get hit in mosque" "do the little kids really get scared to go" and various other questions. unfortunately I couldnt really give him a positive answer other than that it depends where you go.....but its trial and error if your kid gets hit or not. and unfortunately the reputation of a mosque is not always something you can go by.

As a Muslim the situation really hurts me, as Islam teaches us such kindness towards children, not this "Children should be seen and not heard" attitude that older western generations have.

i pray that the situation changes and things get better inshallah. I know for a fact until it does my little one will NOT be attending a mosque of any kind. I shall teach her myself what I can, then when she's older I know a lovely lady who will teach her in a small class from her home.

Perseveranze
02-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Thanks for the video Sister. Really doesn't need any refuting though, people will always misunderstand again and again, only those that think for themselves and do their own research will come to know the truth.

GuestFellow
02-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Salaam,

Jazakhallah Khair. I like these responses, it makes things more clear.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghuraba_103
02-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Brilliant response, jazakAllah for sharing.

سيف الله
02-24-2011, 05:26 PM
Salaam

Good response

For my perspective this programme (among many others) are part of a campaign to promote government directed and backed 'moderate' Muslims and to demonise those who wont obey the government line (hence 'extreme').

The segment on Dr Taj Hargey and Dr Sidiqqui is interesting. These so called 'moderate' muslims are little more than secularists. (eg. Dr Taj condemns those who wear the Niqaab, calling it a 'face mask' and 'alien' to Islamic traditions) and wants to ban it. Dr Sidiqqui seems a little better having looked at his wiki but still strikes me as a seculariser.

Reflections
02-24-2011, 06:08 PM
AsSalaamu Aalaykum,

Another link I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im_9SDfMhw8

Also mentions how 'Dr' Taj Hargey says that hijaab is only a sunnah practise of the wives (ra) of the Prophet (saw)..subhanAllah..disgusts me when people don't educate themselves enough about their religion yet speak as though they are from amongst the shuyookh or something..may Allah protect us from ignorance..Allahoma ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!