/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sealskinz Wudhu Socks

~Raindrop~
02-18-2011, 07:54 PM
:sl:

For those of us that prefer an alternative to leather socks, Sealskinz socks have been approved by the Ulama. They're only slightly thicker than normal socks. Thought I'd share as I just got mine and they're very practical.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ml. Ismail Moosa
In order for it to be permissible to wipe on non-leather socks, it is imperative to fulfil all the conditions of leather socks. After thoroughly studying the inherent qualities of leather socks, our illustrious Fuqaha suggest that non-leather socks should resemble leather socks in the following:

1. They should entirely cover both the ankles.
2. They should be durable enough that a person can walk with the sock for three miles without them tearing.
3. Both socks should independently be free from holes to the extent of three small toes.
4. The socks should remain on the leg without it being tied or fastened.
5. They should be such that water does not seep through them...

...We have personally examined Sealskinz socks and are satisfied that they fulfil all the above-mentioned conditions. One can refer to their website to see the full durability of these socks. Hence, it is permissible to use Sealskinz socks as leather socks and make masah on them.

And Allah knows best

Read more

Pricey, but well worth it and very comfy =D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Faatin
02-19-2011, 04:16 AM
Wudhu can't be made over regular cotton socks?

~Raindrop~
02-19-2011, 04:18 PM
They don't meet the conditions mentioned above.
For a detailed explanation click here.

innocent
02-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Salam. I have been using sealskinz for almost a year now and they are very good. More convenient than leather as well cos sometimes the fit isnt too good and u cant get shoes on properly. I would definitely reccommend sealskinz.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
innocent
02-21-2011, 01:47 PM
They are a bit strange when you first wear them if feels a bit like you got paper bags on ur feet but once you get used to it its fine.

ardianto
02-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Not only me, but many people in my place are wonder why Muslims in other place wear socks when they take wudhu ?.

Salahudeen
02-23-2011, 05:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faatin
Wudhu can't be made over regular cotton socks?
Scholars differed on this, some say you can others say you can't.

In simple words, socks as known today cannot be wiped on according to the Four Madhabs. The spreading view today that permit it is only a view of few late and recent scholars, therefore such view is taken as personal jtihaad made by them. However, such view cannot be attributed to any of the four Madhabs.
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
:sl:

For those of us that prefer an alternative to leather socks, Sealskinz socks have been approved by the Ulama. They're only slightly thicker than normal socks. Thought I'd share as I just got mine and they're very practical.

Pricey, but well worth it and very comfy =D

where can you buy these seal skin socks from? have you seen how they remove the skin from these seals? it's very nasty and not nice at all. watch the vid below and then tell me if they're still as comfy. Maybe you'll see the images of the seals being battered to death in your head everytime you wipe over them :cry:

~Raindrop~
10-28-2011, 02:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
where can you buy these seal skin socks from? have you seen how they remove the skin from these seals? it's very nasty and not nice at all. watch the vid below and then tell me if they're still as comfy. Maybe you'll see the images of the seals being battered to death in your head everytime you wipe over them
Been ages since i last checked this thread..

Hang on...they're not actually made from seal skin! It's just a name given to them cos of them being waterproof, tough etc etc.

You can get them from sports shops...I got mine from a cycle shop in Kings Heath.

Salahudeen
10-28-2011, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha

Been ages since i last checked this thread..

Hang on...they're not actually made from seal skin! It's just a name given to them cos of them being waterproof, tough etc etc.

You can get them from sports shops...I got mine from a cycle shop in Kings Heath.
Yeah, I learnt that after I wrote that post, someone told me, I kinda felt dum afterwards . How much are they from the shop in Kings Heath? Is the shop on the main high street?

~Raindrop~
10-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Yes.... they're £27.99. I know it seems steep but you get a good few years use out of them..

Tranquil soul
12-30-2011, 08:26 PM
Cheapest sealskinz socks are £23 at lotetree online shop and free p&p and its run by Muslims :-)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!