/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Alcohol the only drink that is not allowed in Islam ?

truthseeker63
02-19-2011, 01:30 PM
Is Alcohol the only drink that is not allowed in Islam ? Is Ice/Iced Tea and or Hot Tea or Fruit Juice allowed or Soda Pop ? I hope this is not a dumb question but I just want like to know because I have heard of a drink called Mecca Cola.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truthseeker63
02-19-2011, 01:35 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mecca-Cola

Skunkman
02-19-2011, 01:40 PM
nope, poison and everything which harms you is wrong. =) Healthy stuff is good. Just dont lose control of yourself or hurt yourself.

selsebil
02-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Dear Truthseeker,

Any Alcohol, which causes intoxication, is forbidden in Islam. The reason for this being that intoxication has harmful effects on the individuals mind, his health, his work, every aspect of his life, in a nutshell anything that befogs the mind regardless of the quantity whether it be one teaspoon or a litre is forbidden in Islam.

Drugs such as opium, heroin, cocaine etc. like alcohol impairs the reasoning and effects sensory perception, and are therefore also prohibited.

All teas ,fruit juices and sodas ( which do not contain alcohol) are not probibited in Islam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Skunkman
02-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Selsebil what do you mean by All teas ,fruit juices and sodas ( which do not contain alcohol) are not probibited in Islam.
?????

JUICE and TEA is haram?? :O

- Qatada -
02-19-2011, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skunkman
Selsebil what do you mean by All teas ,fruit juices and sodas ( which do not contain alcohol) are not probibited in Islam.
?????

JUICE and TEA is haram?? :O

No, he meant that anything which makes you 'lose your mind' is haraam. Like drugs like alcohol, and other drugs which make your mind foggy and you don't know what you're doing. (People call it; "getting high" or "stoned" nowadays.)

truthseeker63
02-19-2011, 01:47 PM
I tend to drink Ice/Iced Water but I just thought I would ask this because I know the Mormons a Christian sect does not drink Caffeine.

Skunkman
02-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Truth, when you drink water, don't gulp it once.

Sayyidina Anas ibn Malik radiyallahu anhu relates that Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam drank water in three breaths (i.e. in three gulps/sips) and used to say, “It is more pleasing and satisfying in this manner.”

Tyrion
02-19-2011, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skunkman
Truth, when you drink water, don't gulp it once.

Sayyidina Anas ibn Malik radiyallahu anhu relates that Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam drank water in three breaths (i.e. in three gulps/sips) and used to say, “It is more pleasing and satisfying in this manner.”
Lol, that's obviously a matter of preference. Don't tell people how to drink their water...

Cabdullahi
02-19-2011, 08:19 PM
Guys since we're all brothers here and there's no sisters....why dont we all meet up for an invigorating apple drink?

its on me :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!