/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Other Languages Board

Wyatt
02-19-2011, 06:57 PM
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't there an Other Languages board other than Arabic and Urdu? Was it not very popular or deemed unnecessary? I was quite interested in it, being a linguistics major. Or, am I just looking past something here? :p

Also, it would be a good board for discussing translations of the Qur'an in languages like Chinese, Japanese, or Spanish and Islam in those cultures. Those kinds of topics may fit in the World Affairs thread, but seeing the language board disappear makes me sad a little. imsad I, myself, have a Spanish Qur'an as well as an English and an Arabic. I plan on buying a Japanese and German one sometime.

I also liked to connect with a language-learning userbase on here for other languages than Arabic or Urdu.

[edit: Maybe there could be a 'group' made for a foreign language discussion.]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!