/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Depression

whitesoul
02-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Assalamu alaykum, i need knowledge on the islamic perspective on depression. What did the Prophet (pbuh) say about this and what are the cures if there is any? i need any brothers/sisters who have knowledge in this to reply as soon as possible, wasalam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Innocent Soul
02-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Maybe these articles will help you.

http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/21677/
http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/5112/

Tyrion
02-20-2011, 11:11 PM
I'm pretty sure Islam doesn't discourage you from seeking professional help, so if you (or someone you know) really is suffering from severe depression, then perhaps you should consider a trip to the doctors office.

Innocent Soul
02-21-2011, 01:12 AM
I think its sunnah to visit a doctor when you are not feeling well. I am not sure. Maybe other knowledgeable members will answer you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
02-21-2011, 01:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1
I think its sunnah to visit a doctor when you are not feeling well. I am not sure. Maybe other knowledgeable members will answer you.
Cure disease is sunnah, but people need professional help on this. So, they must go to the doctor.

MartyrX
02-21-2011, 01:46 AM
I'm suffering from it myself. I find if I get exercise, I feel better the next day. I know that's not exactly what you wanted to hear, but I thought I'd tell you to help you out.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!