/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am new but this site made me join to view a page Google found regarding divorce

aemish
02-21-2011, 06:18 PM
I guess its a nice site so I'm not that annoyed it wouldn't let me view the page but when I was making my profile I didn't understand the "Sister in Islam" vs. "Sister in Humanity" question. I want to be sister in Islam but my husband only says he forgot when I ask him to teach me and our 4-year-old daughter how to pray and he has never taken us to the mosque either. Does a person have to do something special I don't know about if they want to be considered a Sister in Islam? Or can I just check that box simply because I like Islam best of any of the other hodgepodge religions I've been exposed to?

Thank you so much for answering...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zuzubu
02-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Aemish if you believe that there is only 1 god and he is Allah and that the prophet Muhammad (saw) is the Messenger of Allah, then you can consinder yourself a sister in Islam. We muslims are brothers and sisters, we got no race but religion, and our honour is exactly the same.

sorry but I'm not that good at understanding it, but do you mean that you wish to convert, and your family (husband, daughter) don't wish to convert to Islam? :)

aemish
02-21-2011, 06:34 PM
My husband is Muslim but is not a good one. I have slowly come to terms with the fact that he married me for greencard (hence the Google search regarding Islamic divorce) and need God in my life now more than ever, so I do not wish to abandon the faith.

Cabdullahi
02-21-2011, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aemish
My husband is Muslim but is not a good one. I have slowly come to terms with the fact that he married me for greencard (hence the Google search regarding Islamic divorce) and need God in my life now more than ever, so I do not wish to abandon the faith.
Say this to your husband the next time you talk to him....that if he wants the ultimate green card he must start practicing and he must make an effort to teach you and your child about Islam.

If he does that...he will have a greencard to enter heaven.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truthseeker63
02-24-2011, 04:16 PM
Hello how are you doing ?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!