/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need your opinion

Flower1111
02-22-2011, 12:35 PM
Salamu alaikum brothers and sisters. i hv several questions in order to get sm tranquility, and i hope everything is clearly understandable but a bit long im sorry.
1.I did Istikhara for marrying somebody was good or not with beads and Quran. Afterwards i read its not right and not a sunna of Prophet SAW.Somehwre else i got to know its only permissible to do after one did pros and cons, counceling and using ones logic and being still doubtful then one can do this methods with quran and tasbeeh. The outcomes were negative and i did dua to Allah rite after and repeated and tasbeeh was positive then ,but with quran words came out like "Bethink", "protection" (it was in german, so i translate to the rite english words).SO is this kind of istikharas wrong and void and i should just simply forget it and not think to much about it??im so distressed
2.Today i suddenly got a flash while thinking all these things and its meaning etc. and it came to my mind tht at that time i did these istikharas i was involved in fornication with my bf (repented now) and as i know fornicators can marry only after they repent. So had the outcomes had to be negative because i didnt repent frm zina yet so i cant marry him as long we hadnt repented? can this be possible.Of course ALLAH knws everything i mean and think but maybe Allah had to make it negative as i was not allowed to marry him as we didn repent yet? I hope you can follow me..I await your replies

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
02-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

Sister, in answer to one and two, the method itself is incorrect. You don't need to do that. It is most likely an innovation and you should not do it anymore.

Instead, follow this method of istikarah (from sunnah).

- Qatada -
02-23-2011, 08:37 AM
:salamext:

1) If you know something isn't allowed, then you can't do istikharah for it.

2) Because he hasn't repented, its better not to get married to him. And your 'negative dreams' might be a sign to support you in not marrying him if he has not repented.

Flower1111
02-23-2011, 01:11 PM
of course as i repented he also did..he is a true and good believer even though of the sin we did

Thank you Bedouin for your answer. It mite be some practice of shias or sth but not right, thtswhy i try not to think about it anymore and dont do this kind of istikhara again, even of the outcoming

Dear Qatada, what do you mean with cant do istikhara for sth haram..i do know this , but actually i did for marriage which isnt a haram act..but i think your rite, if the outcome wud be good i wud continue a haram thing so doing the istikhara for this thing was wrong ? do i get you rite now?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
02-23-2011, 01:58 PM
:salamext:

If you both repented and now want to get married, then this is what the scholar of IslamQA said;

If they had repented to Allaah before getting married, then their marriage is valid. But if they did the marriage contract before repenting, then the marriage is not valid. This has been discussed in the answer to question no. 85335.

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/97987

Hamza Asadullah
03-01-2011, 01:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Soraya1992
Salamu alaikum brothers and sisters. i hv several questions in order to get sm tranquility, and i hope everything is clearly understandable but a bit long im sorry.
1.I did Istikhara for marrying somebody was good or not with beads and Quran. Afterwards i read its not right and not a sunna of Prophet SAW.Somehwre else i got to know its only permissible to do after one did pros and cons, counceling and using ones logic and being still doubtful then one can do this methods with quran and tasbeeh. The outcomes were negative and i did dua to Allah rite after and repeated and tasbeeh was positive then ,but with quran words came out like "Bethink", "protection" (it was in german, so i translate to the rite english words).SO is this kind of istikharas wrong and void and i should just simply forget it and not think to much about it??im so distressed
2.Today i suddenly got a flash while thinking all these things and its meaning etc. and it came to my mind tht at that time i did these istikharas i was involved in fornication with my bf (repented now) and as i know fornicators can marry only after they repent. So had the outcomes had to be negative because i didnt repent frm zina yet so i cant marry him as long we hadnt repented? can this be possible.Of course ALLAH knws everything i mean and think but maybe Allah had to make it negative as i was not allowed to marry him as we didn repent yet? I hope you can follow me..I await your replies
Asalaamu Alaikum, jazakallahu khayran for sharing your issues with us. Firstly sister you mentioned that you and your boyfriend have repented so now in order to go about this right way then you should cut off contact with each other and involve your families and your mahram. Get his family to come around immediatley and then consult with your family. When both families are happy to proceed then both of you should do isthikhara. Do it the right way as explained here:

Istikhara: The Guidance Prayer

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?ID=1056

Once you have both done isthikhara and if the results are positive then you should do nikah as soon as is possible but you must not be in contact as you want to do things the right way now after the sins you have committed with each other previosly. You want the blessings of Allah in this matter so do everything to please him and nothing to anger or displease him.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!