/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if...

Wyatt
02-22-2011, 08:07 PM
I thought it would be interesting to see a thread for this as well, from glo's suggestion in the thread about gay people marrying in churches.

What would you, as a Muslim parent, do if your child came to you admitting that they were gay?

As for Christians, Atheists, Buddhists, what would you do?

I want to keep this serious, argument-free, and as respectful as possible, because this is a very realistic situation that happens all the time.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yahya_Ajam
04-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Well, I'm alittle late on responding here but better late than never.

If my child told me that they were gay, I would want differently for them but I would still love them and accept them and be proud of them. Whatever attractions they feel are between them and Allah (SWT)vand it is not my right to judge them. Help them, yes! Judge them, no!

Ghazalah
04-04-2011, 08:59 PM
It sort of depends doesn't it? If they came admitting that they're gay, but they want to change. Or admitting they're gay and proud of it.

Nevertheless I would be there for them, however tell them to stop any contact they may have with people who bring out the 'gay side' in them. I would also let them know that having an attraction to the same sex in Islam, they will not be held accountable for that, so it's okay for them to feel that way however they must not turn their feelings into actions, because that's when they will be held accountable for it.

S.Belle
04-05-2011, 01:15 AM
i agree 100% with bro Yahya Ajam
if they were acting upon their desires ill admit i would be very disappointed but i would still help and be there for them bc people make mistakes and sometimes need reminders that their actions are not acceptable in Islam.
if they fail to stop acting upon their desires and flaunt about then id just pray for them and continue to try to help as much as possible and i would never disown them or anything

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
04-05-2011, 02:10 AM
I would not be very concerned over their being gay. the problem would be if they were acting upon their desires. In that case my attitude would be no different than if I had found out one of my heterosexual children was engaging in any type of sexual activity outside of marriage. Is there really any difference if ones son is having an illicit affair with his neighbor's wife or with the neighbor himself?

My concern is that my children keep all of their halal sexual activity with their legal spouse, and shun all haram sexual behavior, It makes no difference what their desires are, what matters is how they control their impulses.

I would greatly admonish any of my children who I found engaging in any illicit activity. but I would stand by them and do my best to help them gain control and guide them to seek repentance for their wrong doings.

AslamP
04-18-2011, 05:02 AM
Well ya, as parents we love our children, but to be proud of what they do wrong is another story. It's not our judging them that we should worry about, It's scary when Allah has to judge. Example, when Hazrat Noah said to Allah about his son, that don't destroy him because he is his family. Allah said while destroying H. Noah's son, "Noah, your family are those who believe in Me."

AslamP
04-18-2011, 05:06 AM
Of course, I would love my children, but I wouldn't accept their behavior, I wouldn't take any part in their wrong doings. God does exist, let's not forget that, wrong is wrongno matter how you look at it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!