/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Recitation different from Singing does it not sound the same what is the differenc

truthseeker63
02-23-2011, 03:10 AM
Is Recitation different from Singing does it not sound the same what is the difference thank you ?

Singing & Recitation

Somebody once said that I sang like Pavarotti. Well, that's not quite true. Hope you'll enjoy some pieces here and maybe even send me some words of encouragement =)
And I've also made recordings of recitations. It's kind of like singing, except you can put even more energy and passion into reciting, and the adrenaline rush you get is pretty incredible!

http://www.taimeng.com/singing.htm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
02-23-2011, 08:01 AM
The reason why singing the Quran isn't allowed is because when you 'sing' - you say words different to how they really are. I.e. Longer than they should be. i.e. if you said "Flying" in a singing voice, it might be "Fly-iiiiiiing"

So in singing, you say the words according to a Tune. Even if you have to twist the way the words are said.

In the Qur'an recitation, you cannot sing because your tune has to fit in with the rules of Tajweed (Art of Recitation). The tune you recite in cannot break these rules of Tajweed.

Why is Tajweed so important
? Because Prophet Muhammad recited the Quran to us - as it was taught to him by Angel Jibreel/Gabriel, who heard it from Allah Almighty.

So when we recite Quran properly, we are reciting it like Prophet Muhammad and the Angels. But if we were to change the way they it was sent down, then we are sinning.

So recitation is allowed but not singing. :)

Ramadhan
02-23-2011, 08:09 AM
Quran arabic is tonal, so when you "sing" it and not according to the rules, then the meanings of the words can change and the "hikmah" in reciting the qur'an is lost.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!