/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need help

islamic_bro
02-23-2011, 07:01 AM
My query is that... i have some confusion while choosing life partner, My parents has found one life partner for me, but i have some confusion to select her. Actually her behaviour is good, she is well educated and everything is good but she is not pretty (not beautifull) and i am not attracted towards her. that is the reason for confusing me to select life partner. now i said yes to my parents for keeping their wish (Marji). but still i am not happy with my decision. but my parents are very happy .. My parents likes to her very much... so please tell me what i have to do ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd Al-Maajid
02-23-2011, 07:18 AM
Revoke your decision...:-\

Muslim Woman
02-23-2011, 07:22 AM
Salaam

Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: “A woman is married for four things, i.e., her wealth, her family status, her beauty and her religion. So you should marry the religious woman (otherwise) you will be a losers.”
(

Hamza Asadullah
03-01-2011, 01:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamic_bro
My query is that... i have some confusion while choosing life partner, My parents has found one life partner for me, but i have some confusion to select her. Actually her behaviour is good, she is well educated and everything is good but she is not pretty (not beautifull) and i am not attracted towards her. that is the reason for confusing me to select life partner. now i said yes to my parents for keeping their wish (Marji). but still i am not happy with my decision. but my parents are very happy .. My parents likes to her very much... so please tell me what i have to do ?
Asalaamu Alaikum, jazakallahu khayran for sharing your issues with us. Firstly my brother we should look for a life partner who has piety and good character. It is far better to marry an average looking girl with good character and piety than a girl who is attractive and has neither good character nor piety. But we should also feel some sort of attraction towards a potential partner but this attraction may also develop over time especially as you get to know her more after marriage. You need to think about is the following:

1. Maybe if you let go of this girl who has good character then you may not find such a good girl again

2. Beauty fades with time where as the beauty of good character gets better with time

Although your parents have recommended this girl and are happy with her the final decision should be yours because marriage is a big step and you should never take it lightly. Lives are at stake here so you should consult with your parents about this and also pray isthikhara a few times and ask of Allah sincerely especially during the latter hours of the night to help you with this decision and do what is best for you whether you should marry her or not. Ask of Allah if it is best for you and her then let this marriage between yourself and her take place but if it is not best for both of you then let it not continue any further.

I pray whatever is best for you and her happens inshallah. If it does happen then it was the best for you but if it does not happen then Allah has someone better in store for you.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!