/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about اذا و اذ

Tyrion
02-23-2011, 09:03 PM
:sl:

I just had a quick question about the Arabic words اذا and اذ. The book I'm using in my class (Al-Kitaab fii Ta'allum al-Arabiyya Book 1) only says they are used for conditional (if) statements, but I know that in the Quran they are often translated/used as "when". My instructor wasn't able to help me, so can anyone here explain this to me? Is this a difference between Classical and Modern Formal Arabic? What are the different uses and meanings of these words? The more detail and information you can give, the better. :) Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
02-24-2011, 12:52 PM

I hope this will help you inshaa'Allah. It is the English key to the Madinah Arabic Course, Book 3.

http://abdurrahman.org/arabic/Madina...nglish_Key.pdf

Go to Adobe pages 60 and 61, which equates to pages 56 and 57 of the book, for details on إِذَا and conditional sentences.

Go to Adobe pages 107 and 108, book pages 103 and 104, for another use of إِذَا .

Go to Adobe page 122, book page 118 for إِذْ.

And Adobe page 52, book page 48, explains the ظَرْف (adverb).

Hope that helps, inshaa'Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!