/* */

PDA

View Full Version : frustrated and lost

serena77
02-24-2011, 12:59 AM
hi yall
i haven't posted in a while I do still want to revert. I finally had a bit of a chat w/ my mother about islam.. and basically she feels that.. even communism looks good on paper.. she worries that the govt. would be sitting outside of any "questionable" buildings watching... and she doesn't want me ( read her ) ... to get hurt.

Sigh.

I don't know what to do I won't give up my journey. I have toned it down. But i'm so upset. I'm so hurt and frustrated and honestly i don't really know what to do. I do live w/ her and my stepfather. I get that the US isnt what it used to be. I also get that mom wants/needs the rent money I pay.... and that muslimah or not - i do hold my mother in a lot of respect.

I so hate this.
Serena

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
02-24-2011, 04:12 AM
I don't understand why you can't keep your religion a secret? the rituals you have to do aren't a communal effort, prayer/fast/charity your testament the rest can come later you don't have to be all or none.. take it easy.. it is your intentions that count so make them pure..

peace

Hamza Asadullah
03-01-2011, 02:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by serena77
hi yall
i haven't posted in a while I do still want to revert. I finally had a bit of a chat w/ my mother about islam.. and basically she feels that.. even communism looks good on paper.. she worries that the govt. would be sitting outside of any "questionable" buildings watching... and she doesn't want me ( read her ) ... to get hurt.

Sigh.

I don't know what to do I won't give up my journey. I have toned it down. But i'm so upset. I'm so hurt and frustrated and honestly i don't really know what to do. I do live w/ her and my stepfather. I get that the US isnt what it used to be. I also get that mom wants/needs the rent money I pay.... and that muslimah or not - i do hold my mother in a lot of respect.

I so hate this.
Serena
Asalaamu Alaikum, My sister if you believe in the oneness of Allah and the finality of the Prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) then you should not hesitate in affirming this fact and thereby uttering the shahada (Proclamation of faith). Everything else you can do gradually at your own speed. There is no use putting off what you know in your heart you believe in.

Obviously your mother will be concerned because she still has her misconceptions which are fueled by the media as well as what others say about Islam. So she may not ever fully understand Islam or why you want to accept Islam. This should not deter you from proclaiming the Shahada. You do not even have to tell your mother straight away. I know many reverts who have very strict parents who are very much against Islam and they only told their parents after a while.

Some parents accept it and some may eventually accept it after a long time but some never want to accept it. Islam gives the highest level of respect and honour to our parents particularly our mothers but if our parents were to tell us to do anything which is contrary to Islam then we do not have to listen to them in that regard. Therefore you should not let your mothers concern affect you accepting the truth if you know in your heart that it is the truth. After you have accepted Islam then you can take things slowly and a step at a time. You can tell your mother after a while or when you know is a good time to tell her.

Life is short and we may go at any second therefore this must not be delayed any longer for it is Satan and his evil whispers which are deterring you from accepting the truth by putting thorns in your path. Simply pronounce the words and the thorns will be removed and everything will gradually come together inshallah.

If you have any questions or need any help or adive on anything at all then please do not hesitate to ask.

I pray Allah opens the hearts of your parents and family to Islam and that he enables you to accept the shahada immediatley. Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!