/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Since the Bible/New Testament says that the Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit will never b

truthseeker63
02-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Since the Bible/New Testament says that the Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven in this life or in the next life in Christianity this is what it says and I have heard Christians say this what does Islam and Muslims say about sins is there a sin that can't be forgiven besides worshipping partners along side with God ?

"I would like to just know if what it says in Matthew is true. It states that every sin is forgivable, except if a person speaks badly about the Holy Spirit. I have attended a private Christian school and one day my Bible teacher was saying that a person is not forgiven if he/she speaks against the Holy Spirit. As he stated that… I thought something against the Holy Spirit. I did not mean to… it just happened. I prayed and asked forgiveness, but does that mean I am forgiven or eternally condemned? SINCERELY WORRIED"

Clearly, this student is confused about the true meaning of this biblical reference. Once understood, this young person can rest assured that the unpardonable sin was most certainly not committed in this case. In fact, this sin cannot be committed by a true Christian.

An unforgivable sin is described in Mark 3 and Matthew 12. These passages involve Jesus Christ's repeated and widespread public defeat of Satan and his demons. Many readers and theologians have been confused about the true nature of this sin. As you read these verses for yourself (below), bear in mind part of the purpose of Jesus Christ's ministry was to directly confront darkness with the light of truth in a public battle of pure good versus pure evil. The only being in the universe that is more powerful than the Evil One, is God. He is the only one with enough power to bind Satan himself and forcibly dispossess him.

Mark 3:22-30 states,
"And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem said, 'He has Beelzebub,' and, 'By the ruler of the demons He casts out demons.' …'Assuredly, I [Jesus] say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation;' because they said, 'He has an unclean spirit'" (NKJV, emphasis added / Note: The Pharisees made the same charge in Mat 9:34.).

Matthew 12:31-32, Jesus says to the Pharisees,
"Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come" (NKJV, emphasis added).

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-ed...onablesin.html

Christians disagree with what these verses mean. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit will get you throwed into Hell forever. How are Christians sure that they have not committed this sin ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MustafaMc
02-24-2011, 12:51 PM
I grew up as a Baptist (Christian) and converted to Islam over 29 years ago. I have often equated blasphemy in the Bible with shirk (ascribing partners with Allah swt) in the Quran. We pray for and believe that Allah (swt) will forgive our sins on Judgment Day because He is the Most Merciful and Most Compassionate. However, according to my understanding of the Quran, a person who dies as a mushrik or polytheist will not be forgiven. Even the sin of shirk can be forgiven if a person repents during this life and begins worshiping the One God. We know that the people of Mecca were idol worshipers, but many ceased practicing shirk and became Muslims. I once worshiped Jesus as God, but I have repented and prayed for forgiveness. I now worship the One God according to the example of Muhammad (saaws). I believe that the very thing that Christians place their hope in for salvation (Jesus as Son of God) is the very thing that puts them in jeopardy of the Hellfire, but ultimately the decision rests with Allah (swt).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!