/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lessons from Hadeeth – The Two Gates

Abu Muslim
02-24-2011, 04:47 PM
taken from dhikrullah blog
http://www.dhikrullah.com/blog

Lessons from Hadeeth – The Two Gates

Narrated Usama: The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wa salam) said, “I stood at the gate of paradise and saw that the majority of the people who entered it were the poor, while the wealthy were stopped at the gate (for the accounts). But the companions of the Fire were ordered to be taken to the Fire. Then I stood at the gate of the Fire and saw that the majority of those who entered it were women.”

• Paradise and Hell already exists.
  • The wealthy will be asked on the day of Judgment about their wealth – where they got their wealth from and how they spend it.
  • Majority of wealthy people commit more sins because of their wealth.
  • Mostly the needy are humble and do accept the truth. They have more time for praying, reciting the Quran and learning about the deen.
  • An example of this is Abu Hurayrah (RA) who was a poor man. He mentioned that he had time to spend with the messenger of Allah (saw) as everyone else was busy with their livestock, business etc.
  • The Prophet (SAW) also explained in another Hadith the reason why women are the majority of those enter hell-fire. Narrated Ibn ‘Abbas: The Prophet said: “I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful.” It was asked, “Do they disbelieve in Allah?” (or are they ungrateful to Allah?) He replied, “They are ungrateful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors and the good (charitable deeds) done to them. If you have always been good (benevolent) to one of them and then she sees something in you (not of her liking), she will say, ‘I have never received any good from you.” Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 28
  • In another hadeeth, The Prophet (SAW) advised Muslim women to be more grateful to their husband and to give more sadaqah so that Allah Ta’ala will be kind to them and admit them in Jannah.

Hadeeth found in saheeh Bukhari (Book 62 Hadith 124)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ErinValencia
04-15-2014, 11:57 AM
http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...y-of-Our-Lives!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!